Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The RATINGS Thread - Part 2

But do you think the Inhumans would even be a bigger draw than AOS? Coulson is a familiar face and brought people in. I'm not sure that Inhumans would 1up them on ratings.

A new episode of Match Game would do better - that's how bad things are.

There's never a guarantee but doing nothing would the worst thing you could do when your competitor's repeats beat new episodes of AoS.

Given how small AoS's live and Live +7 ratings are, Inhumans should top them for the first few episodes. Inhumans will probably have the biggest marketing push of any new show this fall.

If fans checkout the show in IMAX, is word of mouth going to boost the TV premiere or hurt it? If Inhumans can generate the same numbers as AoS' first 8-9 episodes from season one then it will be a success and make them competitive in their timeslot.

All these ratings disaster talk makes me worry about the Inhumans, mostly because I care about the Inhumans and I read the comics unlike Aos. It should just head to film, even if it bombs at least it's a bomb that is high budgeted like the MCU films and forever part of MCU film line up like phase four. But if this one ends up as a tv ratings disaster, no more movie appearance for the Inhumans, Inhumans would again fade into obscurity. And ah I would hate that.

ABC cancelling Last Man Standing could mean they are moving dramas to friday night, which could be good news for low rated veterans like SHIELD and Once Upon a Time.

I know I've predicted this would be the last season in this very thread but I am a little bit optimistic at this point.

All the other comic book shows except Powerless have been renewed. SHIELD is the last one.

I just came to give the news about season 5 but I got beat! I am so happy its been renewed!

Last edited:
I'm glad it got renewed. This year has been the best so far. It would be terrible to cancel it at its peak quality.

A short order is probably for the best.

Even though I was wrong about the show being renewed all those months back, the points I made in support of that argument remain valid. The ratings are bad and they're only going to go lower.

I don't think they want many, if any, extended breaks in the season. They could really hit some low end CW numbers if they're not careful how they air it.

10 -12 episodes would be a good number. Bring it back in February and have it run a story line that is tangential to Infinity War.

10 -12 episodes would be a good number. Bring it back in February and have it run a story line that is tangential to Infinity War.

Hopefully 12 taking it up to 100 episodes

That would be perfect! I know 100 isn't the magic number anymore with syndication but it's still nice for us OCDs out here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"