Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The RATINGS Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets talk about the ratings here and I'll compile the ratings of this show in the 1st post, for like every new episode.:woot:

SEASON 1
Viewers (DVR not counted)
1. 12.12 (series/season high)
2. 8.66-
3. 7.87-
4. 7.85-
5. 7.39-
6. 7.15-
7. 6.67-
8. 6.89+
9. 9.69+
10. 6.11-
11. 6.63+
12. 6.37-
13. 6.62+
14. 5.46-
15. 5.99+
16. 5.71-
17. 5.37- (season low)
18. 5.52+
19. 6.04+
20. 5.95-
21. 5.37- (season low)
22. 5.45+

18-49 demographic
1. 4.7 (series/season high)
2. 3.3
3. 2.9
4. 2.8
5. 2.7
6. 2.5
7. 2.2
8. 2.4
9. 2.6
10. 2.1
11. 2.2
12. 2.2
13. 2.2
14. 1.8 (season low)
15. 2.1
16. 2.0
17. 1.9
18. 2.1
19. 1.9
20. 2.1
21. 1.9
22. 2.0

SEASON 2
Viewers (DVD not counted)
1. 5.98+ (season high)
2. 5.05-
3. 4.47-
4. 4.70+
5. 4.36-
6. 4.44+
7. 4.27- (series/season low)
8. 4.58+
9. 5.36+
10. 5.29-

18-49 demographic
1. 2.1 (season high)
2. 1.8
3. 1.6
4. 1.7
5. 1.6
6. 1.7
7. 1.5 (series/season low)
8. 1.6
9. 1.8
10. 1.7

Last edited:
'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Wins with Men 18-34

via press release:

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (8-9pm – 4.9 million and 1.7/6 in AD18-49):

During the 8 o’clock hour against originals of NBC’s The Voice and CBS’ NCIS, ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was on par with its week-ago Fast Affiliate Adult 18-49 rating, pacing within 1-tenth of a rating point and tied in audience share (1.7/6 vs. 1.8/6). Please Note: Last week’s episode went up 2-tenths of a rating point in the National ratings (from a 1.8/6 to a 2.0/6), an 11% increase over the preliminary Fast Affiliate Adult 18-49 number. So far this season, originals have gone up 13 times in the L+SD Nationals - rising 2-tenths twice now and going up 1-tenth 11 times. The ABC freshman drama won its hour with Men 18-34 (1.5/6), beating NCIS and The Voice (1.4/6-tie) to rank as the #1 scripted series in its hour for its 17th-straight original telecast. In fact, S.H.I.E.L.D. is Tuesday’s #1 TV show this season with Men 18-34, as well as the season’s top broadcast drama.

S.H.I.E.L.D. boosted its hour by 42% for ABC year to year in Adults 18-49, over the year-ago night with original programming.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ampaign=Feed:+Tvbythenumbers+(TVbytheNumbers)

T"Challa;28426401 said:
Thats definitely good to know. Its just that i'm shocked this hit a series low when this was by far the best hour of television last night. For the first time, i'm actually concerned about this being renewed. It would be a shame if this is cancelled right when it gets really good.

Combination of it being on a Hulu for a few hours and people probably DVRing it and not watching until they've seen TWS were probably a factor.

Now if it somehow adjusts up two tenths like it did last week it's not even a series low anymore.

I think it's extremely likely the numbers will adjust up later today (as that's been the trend so far with this show, there have only been a couple times where it hasn't adjusted up - and even then, it was just that it stayed flat/didn't move up or down)

The main question is, how much will it adjust up? Will it go up .2 like last week's or just the more usual .1?

The show is good now but man did it wait to late. I think all the rewrites should have happened earlier instead of waiting so late. I think it survives this season for a second one but there needs to be some kind of overhaul in order to bring the fans back that they have lost and also to bring in new ones. I watch it but again, I'm a Marvel zombie but I don't know a single person personally that does.

I think it's important to take into consideration things like the fact that NCIS and Voice were both down again this week. It just looks like people aren't watching live TV any more. Thankfully networks are paying attention to the Live +3 DVR numbers and S.H.I.E.L.D. tends to do well there. Also as already pointed out, the show is doing exceptionally well in the men 18-34 demo which is really good for ABC as they usually skew older female.

I'm still not worried about renewal chances but there's no denying everybody would like the show to do better.

As much as we worry and complain about low ratings, it's kind of up to those of us enjoying the show to go out and encourage people to either start - or resume watching live. You just never know when you're going to talk that one Nielsen viewer into doing so so it really can make a difference - just one Nielsen viewer can bump the ratings by as much as 60,000 viewers.

Also make sure you rewatch the episodes via legal online means - even if you've got it DVRd - while those numbers don't count in the overnight ratings ABC does still watch them very closely and they do come into play when deciding the over all fate of a show.

I think it's important to take into consideration things like the fact that NCIS and Voice were both down again this week. It just looks like people aren't watching live TV any more. Thankfully networks are paying attention to the Live +3 DVR numbers and S.H.I.E.L.D. tends to do well there. Also as already pointed out, the show is doing exceptionally well in the men 18-34 demo which is really good for ABC as they usually skew older female.
Especially with the time of year that it is now, it doesn't get darker until later thanks to daylight savings - so people might be staying out longer more and simply aren't at home during the first hour of primetime. Plus, with spring hitting us a lot of areas are going to be hitting spring breaks during various weeks, people going out of town to party/whatever (and given the demographic that AoS is meant to appeal to....).

Especially with the time of year that it is now, it doesn't get darker until later thanks to daylight savings - so people might be staying out longer more and simply aren't at home during the first hour of primetime. Plus, with spring hitting us a lot of areas are going to be hitting spring breaks during various weeks, people going out of town to party/whatever (and given the demographic that AoS is meant to appeal to....).

I think it was on Yahoo Tv that they said that a renewal of Shield was almost a given . Hopefully they start picking up in the ratings in the next season. I do believe it would be better off in another time slot, as mush as i dislike NCIS it can't compete with it plus on top of that add The Voice, it's not a good time slot.

my only issue with a different time slot - especially if they try to go for a later hour (and I acknowledge that this is a PURELY selfish reason :funny:)... due to my early morning work schedule, I have to go to bed pretty dang early on weeknights. I'm usually only able to catch just the first hour of prime time. If AoS was moved to a later timeslot (unless it were a Friday night deathslot, which I hope they don't do), I'd have to wait until the next day to see it :(

(I know, I know, boo-hoo poor me :oldrazz:... like I said, I fully acknowledge it's a very selfish reason ;))

With all the buzz on the net about this episode specifically, it's hard to imagine such a low rating.

Anyway, it was a great episode.

it's one thing for it not to get it's highest ratings, but to hear that yesterday's episode is the lowest rated episode in the series history is saddening, not to mention a bit shocking. the show took it's sweet time finding it's grove, but it has found it and u would think the show would be rewarded w/better ratings.

After everyone gets caught up watching online and dvr i think that will translate into a nice ratings increase next week....fingers crossed!

Ouch, those rating are painfully low. Hopefully the great reception to this episode causes the next one to bounce up.

it's one thing for it not to get it's highest ratings, but to hear that yesterday's episode is the lowest rated episode in the series history is saddening, not to mention a bit shocking. the show took it's sweet time finding it's grove, but it has found it and u would think the show would be rewarded w/better ratings.

After everyone gets caught up watching online and dvr i think that will translate into a nice ratings increase next week....fingers crossed!
Technically TAHITI also hit a 1.7 in it's initial ratings as well (but was adjusted up to a 1.8 final rating). There's every possibility that this ep will also adjust up by at least .1 as well.

you know what? I'm tired to the "ratings thing"
I sit and enjoy the ride, to the very end. I don't care if we're going through the end of the world, we ride as hell. 2nd season? I hoe for, great news. cancellation? well the motivation is easy: people are stupid.

I still think it's getting renewed but I just find it interesting after all the massive hype that the show isn't even remotely living up to that hype ratings wise.

And it's no secret that I don't like the show but I don't care if it stays on, good for the people who enjoy it.

I still think it's getting renewed but I just find it interesting after all the massive hype that the show isn't even remotely living up to that hype ratings wise.

And it's no secret that I don't like the show but I don't care if it stays on, good for the people who enjoy it.

I didn't at first either but I kept watching hoping that the Marvel name will make it better. It did get better but there are still things that I find so annoying about it but again, I still watch. There was a point about a month ago, I said I was going to stop watching, especially when the producers were blaming the fans for not "getting" the show but I stuck it out. I don't blame anyone who has stopped though. This show truly needs to make some modification and the characters on it are just not very likable and do poor jobs coming off as SHIELD agents.

you know what? I'm tired to the "ratings thing"
I sit and enjoy the ride, to the very end. I don't care if we're going through the end of the world, we ride as hell. 2nd season? I hoe for, great news. cancellation? well the motivation is easy: people are stupid.

:whatever: calling other people stupid just because they don't like the same thing as you, or because a mediocre show bored them :doh:

That's not entirely true. The key ratings is the 18-49 demo and any show that hits above a 2.0 is doing a good job. The show has had some monster ratings and even last week managed to get all the way up to a 2.0, it's just that the show hasn't been consistently pulling those kinds of numbers. The slow start and the re-runs have probably paid some part in that.

So when u say that the show hasn't remotely lived up to the hype the truth is that it has delivered some nice size ratings in the key demo just not consistently. But probably enough to warrant a second season. The only thing alarming is watching this weeks ratings come in so low, it's a bit surprising and if that trend continues then that will spell Dr. Doom....

:whatever: calling other people stupid just because they don't like the same thing as you, or because a mediocre show bored them :doh:

if last night was "mediocre" I'm queen Elizabeth.

Maybe not Live viewing. But factoring in 7 Day DVR it is definitely living up the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"