Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The RATINGS Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.4 rating/3.81 million viewers last night

Tied its lead in (Muppets) and also tied with Flash over on CW

World Series hurt it and iZombie picked back up some of its normal audience last night after being pre-empted in large markets two straight weeks

Another 1.4 this week for SHIELD. Again it tied Muppets. Flash actually beat it this week, though, notching an initial 1.5.

Damn that's rough
But that's also a really high and amazing rating for a CW show

I feel the audience overlap between the two shows is substantial. AoS gets some fans who are Marvel only while some leave to stick with CW and Supernatural (another genre overlap).

I feel the audience overlap between the two shows is substantial. AoS gets some fans who are Marvel only while some leave to stick with CW and Supernatural (another genre overlap).

Supernatural is on Wednesdays after Arrow. SHIELD is head to head against iZombie, a DC/Vertigo Comics adaptation.

Anyway, Agents of SHIELD dipped to a season low 1.3 last night while Flash (1.5) and iZombie (0.6) were flat versus last week.

All of ABC had a terrible night last night. Muppets did a 1.2, Fresh off the Boat did a 1.3, and Wicked City did a 0.4.

ABC clearly needs to find a way to improve Tuesday night. I think part of the problem is that it's such an eclectic lineup. I can't imagine there's a ton of overlap in, say, S.H.I.E.L.D. and Wicked City fans. CW is picking things up with solid genre blocks. Maybe make Tuesday science fiction night next year? AoS, Damage Control, maybe start developing one of those long rumored Star Wars shows, etc.

If every other ABC show didn't suck so bad mayybe they could draw people back in

Their lineup is horrendous. I still think they should make it sci-fi night. How many people are really going to stick through such an eclectic mix? Did somebody really think, "Yep, those Marvel fans are gonna LOVE Wicked City!"?

Ah man. I knew the ratings wouldn't get better no matter how much better the show got. I don't know who advises these guys when it comes to these shows. That first season really soured people's opinion of the show.

being that the show is connected however loosely to the MCU, being owned and backed by Disney which owns ABC.... The show isn't getting cancelled. So why do the ratings really care..... I love the show and dont' really care if anyone else does

being that the show is connected however loosely to the MCU, being owned and backed by Disney which owns ABC.... The show isn't getting cancelled.

That spin-off with Bobbi and Hunter no one asked for is fair game.

Yeah, at this point there's no way SHIELD gets cancelled before completing four seasons. That's how many episodes you traditionally want for syndication/streaming packages, and ABC will do whatever it takes to drag the show to that number.

But I have a very, very hard time imagining SHIELD being renewed for a fifth season after next year. In fact, I could see them putting the show on Fridays next season and just burning it off.

And yeah, Most Wanted and Agent Carter could both be in serious trouble. Carter will only have 18 episodes after this season, which isn't even a full regular season. Syndication won't save it, so the ratings will have to stand on their own this year.

I was utterly baffled when ABC ordered the Most Wanted plilot. Agents of SHIELD has bled viewers throughout its entire existence and at this point is getting beaten handily by Flash, Gotham, and Supergirl in the weekly ratings. And Agent Carter put up okayish numbers last year. It was a very borderline show that could have gone either way (I actually thought Carter would be cancelled last year; it was the only prediction I made about a comic book show that I was wrong about; I predicted Constantine and Carter would be cancelled and Gotham, SHIELD, Flash, Arrow, iZombie, Daredevil, and Powers would get renewed).

All true, but it is still doing well in the live plus 7 category. Plus there are DVD sales and revenue from Netflix. They aren't going to put out a product that bleeds money.

They should just cancel the show and repackage it as something else.

The "Agents of Shield" name is poison

Then again, the failure of Agents of Shield: Season One probably killed the ratings of any future Marvel shows on ABC or network television

They should just cancel the show and repackage it as something else.

The "Agents of Shield" name is poison

Then again, the failure of Agents of Shield: Season One probably killed the ratings of any future Marvel shows on ABC or network television

Agreed. And this time put actual superheroes in it from the beginning. Superheroes with a name. Sorry but Daisy doesn't cut it. I don't understand why they didn't go with a Cloak and Dagger or a Moon Knight on the team. No one wants to just watch a show that teases superheroes every week without them on the team and that's what happened in the beginning. I still don't understand why they didn't have a Blade, who's a name and a superhero that they are not using at all right now, or a Moon Knight on the team. Someone who can be used on the team that doesn't require a lot of CGI and could be retconned to be used properly. I mean, it's water under the bridge now but this show could have started out so much better.

Agreed. And this time put actual superheroes in it from the beginning. Superheroes with a name. Sorry but Daisy doesn't cut it. I don't understand why they didn't go with a Cloak and Dagger or a Moon Knight on the team. No one wants to just watch a show that teases superheroes every week without them on the team and that's what happened in the beginning. I still don't understand why they didn't have a Blade, who's a name and a superhero that they are not using at all right now, or a Moon Knight on the team. Someone who can be used on the team that doesn't require a lot of CGI and could be retconned to be used properly. I mean, it's water under the bridge now but this show could have started out so much better.

AOS did have a name - Phil Coulson - who after appearances in Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor and Avengers had a much higher name recognition among the general public than Cloak and Dagger or Moon Knight. ABC wanted a SHIELD show and would have rejected other options - just like they did Jessica Jones.

As we all know, the first half season was pretty rough. But AOS will get four full seasons and I'm thinking at least a half season in 2018 to bring it to 100 episodes. By virtually any definition, Marvel's initial foray into network television has been a success. And with two more shows in the pipeline Marvel on ABC is not going anywhere.

AOS did have a name - Phil Coulson - who after appearances in Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor and Avengers had a much higher name recognition among the general public than Cloak and Dagger or Moon Knight. ABC wanted a SHIELD show and would have rejected other options - just like they did Jessica Jones.

As we all know, the first half season was pretty rough. But AOS will get four full seasons and I'm thinking at least a half season in 2018 to bring it to 100 episodes. By virtually any definition, Marvel's initial foray into network television has been a success. And with two more shows in the pipeline Marvel on ABC is not going anywhere.
Disagree. One of the main gripes about the show was that people wanted guest appearances from other characters in the 616, not just mentioning Avengers every 5 minutes. Sorry but if I wanted to watch a pawn movie that didn't actually have pawn in it, then it kinds of defeats the purpose.

If the general trend in the ratings continues there's absolutely no way it gets a fifth season of any sort, and the future of Marvel on ABC is very much up in the air. Most Wanted has a pilot order, not a series order, and we still don't even know what the rumored fourth series will be.

There is a very real chance that both Agent Carter and Most Wanted are dead by the end of this ratings season.

Dragging a series to a fourth season kicking and screaming is a small measure of success for a show that started out with a 4.7 rating. They started with ratings nearly bigger than Flash and Gotham combined and now they're lucky to tie one of the two in a given week.

If the general trend in the ratings continues there's absolutely no way it gets a fifth season of any sort, and the future of Marvel on ABC is very much up in the air. Most Wanted has a pilot order, not a series order, and we still don't even know what the rumored fourth series will be.

There is a very real chance that both Agent Carter and Most Wanted are dead by the end of this ratings season.

Dragging a series to a fourth season kicking and screaming is a small measure of success for a show that started out with a 4.7 rating. They started with ratings nearly bigger than Flash and Gotham combined and now they're lucky to tie one of the two in a given week.

Agree to disagree! As we also know, ABC Studios produced programs tend to have a long leash on the Network - look at Castle - and I wouldn't be surprised if AOS gets the Winter/Summer break slot to wrap things up and bring the show into triple digits.

AOS should be awfully "superheroicy" after the winter break, so we'll see if that helps (or at least steadies) the ratings. Agent Carter may be done this year and I'm not overly confident in MMW, but Palicki is great and the show is right in ABC's wheelhouse. They'll give it a fair shot.

The fourth Marvel series is Damage Control.

Agree to disagree! As we also know, ABC Studios produced programs tend to have a long leash on the Network - look at Castle - and I wouldn't be surprised if AOS gets the Winter/Summer break slot to wrap things up and bring the show into triple digits.

AOS should be awfully "superheroicy" after the winter break, so we'll see if that helps (or at least steadies) the ratings. Agent Carter may be done this year and I'm not overly confident in MMW, but Palicki is great and the show is right in ABC's wheelhouse. They'll give it a fair shot.

The fourth Marvel series is Damage Control.
Isn't that a comedy? That's quite possibly the only show that I can see working without superheroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"