The Resident Evil Thread

Personally I'm not attached to the old school controls or camera angles (some of which could be problematic when fighting enemies). I'd prefer the RE4 control scheme and viewpoint because I'd like to explore RE2's areas in that way. Plus I don't think it would honestly give you an advantage over a zombie horde. Not to mention the rest of RE2's varied cast of monsters. I respect others like Rodrigo may feel otherwise, but that's not for me.

Anyone got any modes or little touches they'd like to see? I wouldn't mind seeing a Chris scenario detailing his departure from Raccoon City or more Hunk episodes.

I hope they incorporate RE3 into it, since it takes place at the same time. They can put in hints and references to Jill in this game without going into too much of that game. Maybe they could use this to have her actually interact with Leon and/or Claire for the first time in game

I don't like controls of RE1-3. But I think, it's the best option for a game with fixed camera angles and without target lock.

Hmm. You mean add in some extra scenes or a Jill scenario? I wouldn't be against some RE3 content sprinkled in since it's supposed to be concurrent and I can't foresee a RE3 remake to be honest. Plus I like some of the freakier enemies RE3 has also.

RE2 doesn't need Jill in the game. Like AT ALL.

Hmm. You mean add in some extra scenes or a Jill scenario? I wouldn't be against some RE3 content sprinkled in since it's supposed to be concurrent and I can't foresee a RE3 remake to be honest. Plus I like some of the freakier enemies RE3 has also.

yeah this. I think it would be a bit of a missed oppurtunity to not do it especially since the stories are concurrent in the same location. It seems like it would be simple enough splice some new material in without altering the games' storylines

NO CRIMSON HEADS. That's my absolute least favorite part of the REmake. Hope this RE2 REmake has zero goddamned crimson heads.

NO CRIMSON HEADS. That's my absolute least favorite part of the REmake. Hope this RE2 REmake has zero goddamned crimson heads.

Crimson heads weren't something I liked either but they were fine. They should have been held off for a harder difficulty setting though

Haha f**k that. Crimsons were awesome. They added a much needed challenge to the game. Don't be babies. Games are allowed to challenge you.

Not pointless as such. It added a backstory as to what really created a lot of the creatures we saw in later games; Nemesis, for example. Was she needed? Not really. But she wasn't entirely pointless. Her inclusion, I thought, was quite well done. I like it best because it only enhanced the evilness of Umbrella, from that games perspective.

Eh.

Eh.

I will always despise Crimson Heads. Until the day I die and become one myself I will hate their very existence.

I hope they incorporate RE3 into it, since it takes place at the same time. They can put in hints and references to Jill in this game without going into too much of that game. Maybe they could use this to have her actually interact with Leon and/or Claire for the first time in game
Something like seeing Jill chased out of the RPD building by Nemesis in a similar vein to the chopper crash in 'scenario B' would be good.

Eh. If they incorporate Jill, (and they should) they should go all in. Full third campaign.

Eh. If they incorporate Jill, (and they should) they should go all in. Full third campaign.

well thats the idea Ive always pitched but I doubt they would do that. Its Capcom and they'd more than likely save that for a 3rd remake to sell later

You really think Capcom would make an attempt to remake RE3? Especially after what it took to get RE2 green lit? As much as hate to admit it, RE3 wasn't that popular. I doubt demand for that game being very high.

I don't know that a full RE3 remake would be done. I'd rather see it integrated into RE2 somehow. RE3 is my favorite of the franchise so if they did remake it I'd be over the moon.

You really think Capcom would make an attempt to remake RE3? Especially after what it took to get RE2 green lit? As much as hate to admit it, RE3 wasn't that popular. I doubt demand for that game being very high.

No, but remaking the story for a third campaign is in RE2 is pretty much the same thing. If they were going to go that far, they'd likely just save it for a second product to sell. Either scenario is unlikely

If they will add one scenario from a previous game to include it in this remake, it will probably be Ada's escape from Umbrella Chronicles.
I want to play that game with comfortable control instead of it being a rail shooter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"