The Resident Evil Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zombies show up, turns out they were made by company that wanted bigger cows for meat factories, accidentally made zombies, destroys town, survivors want revenge, plant bombs all over USA with zombie kids, infections happen all over, Vegas goes boom, gets rebuilt, turns out company that makes suppressant for zombie bugs makes the attacks happen in order to harvest queens which help make suppressant.

That's about it so far. That's two whole games worth of story.

There is a running story in the Dead rising series and that's the cure story line that was in 2. Which made into the current game of 3 .

As to what happened with Resident evil the people at the top in capcom simply just went senile(yes that the right word for it) when they were making 5.

Especially when they have video's and more all telling them what was liked about the other series prior -(and they should have kept the formula's from those past games that were hits from them) since before 5 happened from people that don't work there from both Reviewers and fan's alike.

And what happened with 5 sales wise was that people bought out of habit and if capcom is still using that as their excuse of an answers , it's a stupid, a very Very stupid Excuse cause those fans that did that know better now and they have been sending capcom a massage to shape up since.

But capcom went plain nuts during that time of 5's development ( and that's the part that needs to be explained, on why they drop part of the balanced formula ? Of which was the horror half ) And there's the fact that alot of their most talented people like Infune ( who became tired of the new management. He must of saw it all coming ) and Platinum games left them and Shin Megami had his own franchise to do . I said this before in the Mighty number 9 thread when that was asked with Thelastblade there .

Alot of their real talent that made the games cool left them(capcom) and they just have really bad managers in charge of the series at capcom now and days -( that can't even explain why they dumped part of a balanced formula that was in Resident 4 , where the Action didn't over shadow the Horror and vis-versa) They just went a head and dropped it during 5 and just skip to the sales of 5 with out an explanation as to why they dropped that formula they should of just used directly from it ( Res 4) as others do when they have a formula with in their own franchise's (which is why WBM didn't mess with the formula Rock steady's made/created with the Batman Arkham series and other dev's when they have a formula they stay to it, like they did with Halo to a degree)

And they have just one talented person , yes just one, that they have(who made Revelations and under stand the series ) of which they are keeping in a closet there cause the people in charge don't know what they are doing period.

Last edited:
Zombies show up, turns out they were made by company that wanted bigger cows for meat factories, accidentally made zombies, destroys town, survivors want revenge, plant bombs all over USA with zombie kids, infections happen all over, Vegas goes boom, gets rebuilt, turns out company that makes suppressant for zombie bugs makes the attacks happen in order to harvest queens which help make suppressant.

That's about it so far. That's two whole games worth of story.

Is that...seriously the story?

Minus the characters, yes. It's not something like Bioshock that makes a huge and expansive story with tons of details to enhance it. :p

Go to Youtube and search 'I Destroy Capcom With FACTS!....Enjoy'. I can't link to it because he swears a little bit. By reviewing statistics online, he discovered that of all the gamers, and this is just for America now, that 32% of gamers are under the age of 18, 32% are between the age of 18-35, and 36% of gamers are the age of 36+. So much for Capcom's assumption that gamers are getting old and tired of gaming entirely.

Will buy during a sale. I love RE4 so much.

Why cant they re release the REmake? Damn, id pay full MSRP for that.

If RE4 went for $10-15 I'd buy it. I'd love to see REmake in HD. That would be great as it's already a beautiful game.

Why cant they re release the REmake? Damn, id pay full MSRP for that.

I think it's part of the publishing deal with Nintendo. They help fund that and Zero, I believe, so they have some control over those two game. Don't quote me on that, but I seem to remember reading this in the past.

I still find it funny that RE4 never actually released on the original Xbox.

I was actually just thinking about RE6. It was a bit of a fart caught in the wind type of deal, no? I never even finished that game. Couldn't get through without Co-Op. Not as in I couldn't do it because of the difficultly but because I can't bring myself to play that game alone.

It's not even that it's bad but it's not very engaging either.

RE6 felt like a natural progression of the story in a post Umbrella Corporation world. I liked some of the B.O.W. designs--the chainsaw creature, the lizards, the stumpy, armored things--and really didn't understand some of the others, like the ones that would randomly sprout wings and stuff.

The game's problem is in its presentation. It's not as beautiful as RE5, nor are the environments as creepy/unsettling as RE4's village (and, at some points, the castle). I still play RE4 to explore the village and surrounding woods. I still play RE5 for the storyline. Like Craig, I haven't had this desire with RE6, due to the environments feeling choppy, rushed, and bland. The overall story wasn't as involving as RE5's either. So I do find it hard to get engaged with the game.

I think it's part of the publishing deal with Nintendo. They help fund that and Zero, I believe, so they have some control over those two game. Don't quote me on that, but I seem to remember reading this in the past.

Why? MS pretty much killed support for the original Xbox when they released the 360, which came out the same year as RE4. I can see why Capcom wouldn't have ported it over when it did the PS2 version

Mainly because it's come out on pretty much everything since then, so I find it funny how it seems to be released on so much except for one of the consoles that belonged to the generation it was originally released during.

I chalk that up to it coming out so late in that console gen. Had it been released in 2004 or the 360 delayed till 2006 like the PS3, then it likely would have made it

Yea thats the only thing that makes sense. I figured when RE4 started popping up on other platforms that the REmake would as well but it never did. So you'd have to assume Nintendo has that sucker on lock down.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't RE4 originally a Nintendo exclusive? Maybe I don't understand how things work or operate, I just think it's weird RE4's been released so many times (again if it was originally a Nintendo exclusive), while REmake and RE0 only get rereleased on Nintendo consoles…I mean weren't the Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles originally Nintendo exclusives…weren't those ported to the other consoles too…eventually.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't RE4 originally a Nintendo exclusive? Maybe I don't understand how things work or operate, I just think it's weird RE4's been released so many times (again if it was originally a Nintendo exclusive), while REmake and RE0 only get rereleased on Nintendo consoles…I mean weren't the Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles originally Nintendo exclusives…weren't those ported to the other consoles too…eventually.
Capcom had an exclusive deal with Nintendo in which they'd develop and release 5 games for the GC. Only one of those 5 games remained exclusive with another being cancelled and the rest getting PS2 ports, allegedly bc they sold poorly on the GC. Remake and RE0 didn't fall under that and I have no clue why they remain exclusive

Capcom had an exclusive deal with Nintendo in which they'd develop and release 5 games for the GC. Only one of those 5 games remained exclusive with another being cancelled and the rest getting PS2 ports, allegedly bc they sold poorly on the GC. Remake and RE0 didn't fall under that and I have no clue why they remain exclusive

Thanks for the info.

If I had to guess, im assuming Capcom doesnt think they'll sell. I think the REmake and RE0 only did like a million units moved on the GC where as RE4 did much better. This also led Capcom to believe that a more action heavy direction was needed for the series.

But maybe there is some contract language that just keeps those games locked up with nintendo. I have no idea.

It's the latter of what you said pat. the action obsession with cap com didn't happen with the series til after 5's (which was complete action .)sales numbers happened and they used it as a excuse to hang onto.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"