The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul(discussion thread)

GoldenAgeHero

Avenger
Reaction score
The first of the crossover event comics out at the end of the month and i wanted to ask. how everyone feels about his ressurecton? i hope the story is really well told and hopefully morrisondoes something great with Ra's and batman. I've read from tony daniel's blog that bats is going to recieve a new costume. hopefully morrison finall sinkshisteeth into the batbooks and unleashes his craziness.

what do you guys think?

I hope it's a good story, don't mind about the resurrection it was only a matter of time anyway for Ras.

Won't be picking it up anyway, unless I hear amazingly, stunning, great things.

I'm going to most likely pick up the crossover issues. My brother gets the normal Batman title, so got that covered.

I read Batman so of course I am going to pick it up. I don't have a feeling either way about the ressurection. I mean, the idea of a Batman/Ra's fight is intriguing, but it's also strange because that isn't the kind of villain Ra's is-- he works in the shadows, Batman and Ra's more or less play chess, not slug it out.

It used to be that way with Supes and Lex I thought but one day Lex had this purple and green suit and... well never mind.

I'm looking forward to it. Ra's is one of the few characters that it actually makes sense for him to come back from the dead. And like already mentioned, everyone knew it was only a matter of time.

chandlereb8.jpg

Could I be any less excited?

I already pick up 'Tec, Batman, Robin and Nightwing, so eh.

Yeah, I read all the titles anyway, so it's sort of inevitable that I'd read it.

I don't mind a Batman vs. Ra's slugfest. They don't do it often, true, but they do it from time to time.

I'll continue reading the Batman comics I read anyway and piece together the rest of the story from spoilers around here. I don't really care about Ra's now that they're obviously going to milk the connection between him and Batman's stupid, stupid plot device son.

I've always wanted bats to take over for Ra's but reform the league of assasains. his leaguie would consists of members that can make up batman and the outsiders.(instead of the crap team dc is giving us). imagine bronze tiger,cassandra cain, and bats on a team? pure awesomeness

I'll get it. and what do you mean new costume? like the one in that teaser pic? with the mc hammer/arab pants and a sword?

They're called parachute pants my friend. Par-a-chute.

Is Damien gonna die so Ra's can live?

That's my dream. :(

I could see Ra's being born into Damien's body.

I kinda had that thought when I first heard about Ra's coming back. That Damien was just some kind of vessel for Ra's. Kinda like the Batman Beyond ep where Ra's was in Talia. (Holy incest Batman!)

Am I the only person who actually likes Damien?

Well, it comes to this: it's now or never on destroying Damien once and for all... DC has a decision to make...

I like Damien. "I'm foiling your plans! Look at me, mother!" "Yes, I see you, dear." What a great exchange. I'm paraphrasing, I don't have the book in front of me. Plus that #666 issue was excellent, I thought.

I'm a little upset about the fact that the story is spilling into Robin and Nightwing. I read Batman and DetCom, so now I have to buy those books if I want the story. It would be one thing if Robin and Nightwing were tie-ins, but no...sigh. Whatever. I'll probably complain about this again when I start reading Messiah Complex, and then just buy the damn books anyway.

I kinda had that thought when I first heard about Ra's coming back. That Damien was just some kind of vessel for Ra's. Kinda like the Batman Beyond ep where Ra's was in Talia. (Holy incest Batman!)
That would be great. :up:

I don't really care about Ra's now that they're obviously going to milk the connection between him and Batman's stupid, stupid plot device son.

I'll probably just pick up the other issues, but I think that Batman's Son was a good idea, and with Ra's dead, and him constantly claiming to be on the outs with Talia there was no real reason to explain why he totally didn't break up Ra's old group, but now with the son around you've got reasons to really care about Ra's syndicate (not care like you would about a dog or cat but care in the sense that they will matter. I'd hate for them to by like Marvel's Hyrda and I think adding Damien helps).

And as far as Ra's vessel, I think he already has one from the most recent Annual. So while it was supposed to be Damien, it isn't. Kinda a shame to ressurect the guy before the cross-over begins but that's comics for you.

Why would Batman care about Ra's crime syndicate simply because he and Talia have a son together? From what I've heard, his son's a murderous bastard, too. Should he look the other way and allow his kid to kill people simply because he's his kid? Letting any murderer walk would be probably the worst blow to Batman's characterization I can think of.

You're asking some good questions. And from what I've read of your posts I can tell you know your stuff so won't pretend to tell you how to read comics, but you should probably set your bar for consistency a little lower.

In the Grant's recent Batman and Son story (not his most recent Batman though), I'm pretty sure his son has either killed a minor street thug or was about to kill the thug and Batman had to stop him, and of course Damien has tried to take out Robin. But Batman more or less tried to take the kid under his wing-- I mean, that's still his kid and he knows the things Damien has been taught.

But when you ask why should Batman care "because he and Talia have a son together" well, he should want to know what happens to his kid, and he knows that Talia is planning something big, especially after the man-bats. Besides, the way Grant was writing it there was still a questionable romance between Batman and Talia.

But to get straight to the point of your post-- I never said Batman should care-- I suggested that the son would make the audience care (as far as making the group relevant again).

Since it's early and I don't have classes I'd normally get the issues out and check but I didn't even bring them to school with me. The Batman and Son arc has some good action but I can't say I was blown away by it.

Oh, okay, I misunderstood. I'd still not care about the League of Assassins because, really, the only things I'd want to see Damian do are either die or become Batman's worst enemy.

I think Damian would have sucked less if he was just a regular little kid and not a twelve year old sociopath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"