Not open for further replies.
Matt Smith
matt-smith.jpg

Matthew Goode
screenshot22.png

Nicholas Hoult
2019_01_29_64217_1548757068._large.jpg

Arkham Riddler and BTAS Riddler are my favorite adaptations

If at all present, I’d expect Riddler to be an underling of Penguin’s. Works with the detective angle, sort of. He’s the first lead, a weak spot in Penguin’s criminal organization to be exploited by Batman and/or Catwoman.

I'd prefer a Riddler who's about the same age as Batman instead of being considerably older. Hoult could work, or maybe Freddie Highmore? I don't really know of that many other late 20s/early 30s actors who could pull off a role like Riddler—and I definitely want a characterization that's similar to either BTAS, or Gotham (one of the few characters that the show got right).

If at all present, I’d expect Riddler to be an underling of Penguin’s. Works with the detective angle, sort of. He’s the first lead, a weak spot in Penguin’s criminal organization to be exploited by Batman and/or Catwoman.

Going in the opposite direction, if Riddlers in this thing, he’s definitely the main villain.

The very fact that there are some people that are suggesting Nicholas Hoult for The Riddler should tell those that want & think he's actually suitable to play Batman himself exactly how unsuitable he is for the latter role.

Talented actor, but he's much closer to being a Riddler candidate than a Batman one, in fact if the reports are true & Pattinson's still yet to be 'officially' cast & Hoult's the only other candidate still in the running, I'd be quite disillusioned with the project already if he ended up getting it.. and I'm not even that keen on Pattinson but I'd be more open minded going into it with him.

Matt Smith & Matthew Goode aren't bad shouts, I can't really recall anything memorable I've seen either of them in though.

I would not mind The Riddler being the main villain in this, especially if they can make it like a cat-and-mouse psychological thriller.

Not super thrilled at the idea of the Penguin and Catwoman combo again.

I would not mind The Riddler being the main villain in this, especially if they can make it like a cat-and-mouse psychological thriller.

Not super thrilled at the idea of the Penguin and Catwoman combo again.
I'm speculating:

The Riddler - the main bad
The Penguin - a side villain that Batman presses for information
Catwoman - an uneasy ally

Would love if the story is similar to Batman: The Enemy Within (Telltale Season 2)’s first episode. Heavily focused on Riddler sending deadly puzzle boxes to people and has “torture boxes” that require solving puzzles and what not to get out.

Throw that in mixed with some elements of the movies”The Game” and we should be in for a wild twisty movie.

I would love to see Rami Maleck as the Riddler, but with him as the Bond Villain, its doubtful

Eddie Redmayne for sure. He is incredibly talented, has a punchable face and would be really great to see him in this sort of role

Eddie Redmayne for sure!

What about Ioan Gruffudd? He’s quite an underrated actor and certainly looks like he could pull off the part physically

Ben Foster would be an interesting unconventional idea. More of a twisted and brutal version of Riddler

I like the Paul Dano suggestion. Big "no" to Hader. Agree, I am not too keen on Penguin / Catwoman as the two villains. Would love to see Riddler as the main villain, with a transcendent performance on par or nearly on par with Ledger's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"