The Dark Knight The Riddler/Nygma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
More like how he is in the current comics, as a "Batman wannabe press obsessed private eye".

You know,.............this isn't on subject I know (so don't flame me for this) but I met Gorshin 4 times. It never once occured to me to have him sign any of my books with the Riddler in them. It wasn't until he left us that it dawned on me.

Lost opportunity.

I still remember you Frank.

So, does anyone else think they should make his last name Nashton rather than Nygma? I mean, E. Nygma seems a little cornball for the serious tone of these films. Not quite on the same level as Joe Kerr, but still...

You could have E. nygma to be a made up name and nashton his real name to stop the police finding out his real identity.

I was thinking that the Riddler should have OCD. That he can't help but leave a Riddle at his crimes. I don't think he should want to, I think that he should not be able to help it. I also think he should have a god-complex, someone who thinks he is smarter than everybody else and he has to prove it through his puzzles. I absolutely hated Jim Carrey's version, he was too much like the Joker. I think Nolan's version should be similar to the one in the "The Batman" without the Marilyn Manson thing. I think he should be dark and brooding, not campy at all, and I absolutely love the OCD idea that I have read in some comics, namely "THE REMARKABLE RUSE OF THE RIDDLER". Damn, I haven't read that comic in about a decade but I always loved the idea. What I can't figure out would be his former profession before he became the Riddler.
regarding the Riddler being in this movie....don't COUNT ON IT!

More like how he is in the current comics, as a "Batman wannabe press obsessed private eye".

That's cool. But where did you hear this? I haven't seen anybody reporting we're getting a "Paul Dini Riddler". Not saying you're lying or anything, I just haven't seen that particular report anywhere.

Little of both... I'm not really sure how OCD works, but could it start out as a choice (he wants to) but it soon takes over (he has to)!?

But I doubt Riddler will show up in TDK even as a small bit part, even if he was to just show up in a montage of Batman fighting crime or something... Why use a character that needs explaining when your garden or common thug'll do!

That only works in current comics because Nygma has a criminal past from which to reform himself. It cheapens the character if that's his motivation from the start.

So let me just get this straight. The Riddler is ABSOLUTELY confirmed? Cause if so, I think I have an idea of what the ending to the film might be, where things will be left wide open.

Since Harvey is Harvey throughout most of the film supposedly, and supposedly goes Two Face by the end, I'm gonna assume that he's gonna kill Falcone at the very end, with the last shot of the film being of all the villains gathered at that table with Harvey sitting in Falcone's chair.

If they were as smart as they've shown they can be he'll be called Eddie Nashton in this film. Change his name to Ni(y)gma in the third film.

That's cool. But where did you hear this? I haven't seen anybody reporting we're getting a "Paul Dini Riddler". Not saying you're lying or anything, I just haven't seen that particular report anywhere.
It's floating around a couple of message boards. I'm surprised it didn't reach SHH before I posted it. Anyway, that's just rumour, but I'm sure if it's true, Nolan would play around with this interpretation to fit his needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"