• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rock wants to hear your opinion on Shazam!

Those who say that he can't play are those who haven't seen his movies. Dwayne Johnson can act. That's a fact. And watch him getting better and better. He's not another Arnold, with a glaciar look and always good only for action movies. He can do many things, people. You'll see.

Exactly! All I have to say to the rock playing BA is "SHAZAM!" :woot:

^^^

Are you forgetting when he played Elliot the Gay Country Singer in "Be cool" ??? Cause that role was hilarious and comedy is a lot harder than Drama sometimes. If he can pull off a gay cowboy black Adam should be a piece of cake!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J_wISNYnLEY

"I'm just trying to stay strong for my squad..." *black gurl neck roll* :woot:

The Rock was the only great thing about Be Cool!

The Rock was the only great thing about Be Cool!

I don't know if he was the only good thing about that movie, but he was definitely one of the few good things in there:word:

^^^

Are you forgetting when he played Elliot the Gay Country Singer in "Be cool" ??? Cause that role was hilarious and comedy is a lot harder than Drama sometimes. If he can pull off a gay cowboy black Adam should be a piece of cake!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J_wISNYnLEY

[YT]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J_wISNYnLEY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J_wISNYnLEY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YT]

"I'm just trying to stay strong for my squad..." *black gurl neck roll* :woot:

LOL this is hilarious, such a departure from his big tough guy roles.

i think The Rock has untapped potentials as a good actor, he just needs to find that perfect role.

LOL this is hilarious, such a departure from his big tough guy roles.

i think The Rock has untapped potentials as a good actor, he just needs to find that perfect role.

He's done pretty well so far.:word:

Those who say that he can't play are those who haven't seen his movies. Dwayne Johnson can act. That's a fact. And watch him getting better and better. He's not another Arnold, with a glaciar look and always good only for action movies. He can do many things, people. You'll see.

Umm....did you see how terrible he was in the DOOM movie??

His character had to be killed off because he was being completly upstaged by Karl Urban!

His character had to be killed off because he was being completly upstaged by Karl Urban!

He was killed off because you would not see it coming actualy....the Rock was supposed to let you think he was the main lead.

"Doom" was terrible, I don't think he could do anything to save that movie. I never trust movies based on video games. As for his ability of acting, I have no doubts that he has it. "Doom" came after "Be Cool", did you know that? And it was followed by "Gridiron Gang". Now, tell me an actor in Hollywood who had only great movies one after another...As for being upstaged ny Karl Urban, no offence, but you're wrong. Oh, by the way, he was offered Urban's role at first, but he wanted to be the bad guy.

I didn't watch doom. Was never a fan of the game, plus it looked generic. However, I've seen enough of the Rock to know he can pull off Black Adam.

I didn't watch doom. Was never a fan of the game, plus it looked generic. However, I've seen enough of the Rock to know he can pull off Black Adam.

I do not get the Doom hate...I liked it and you will to if you ever see it ;)

Well, I saw "Doom" and wasn't thrilled by it. But Rock was great, as always.

"Doom" was terrible, I don't think he could do anything to save that movie. I never trust movies based on video games. As for his ability of acting, I have no doubts that he has it. "Doom" came after "Be Cool", did you know that? And it was followed by "Gridiron Gang". Now, tell me an actor in Hollywood who had only great movies one after another...As for being upstaged ny Karl Urban, no offence, but you're wrong. Oh, by the way, he was offered Urban's role at first, but he wanted to be the bad guy.

He was bad in DOOM....it was a good thing his character was killed off as soon as it was in that film.

When he got killed off.....i was thinking wow...that was early for the Rock to get killed off.....but then I realized it was a good thing.

He was bad in DOOM....it was a good thing his character was killed off as soon as it was in that film.

When he got killed off.....i was thinking wow...that was early for the Rock to get killed off.....but then I realized it was a good thing.

Still people not getting he chose to be the non lead in the film...come on people keep up :whatever:

Look man, nobody forces you to watch a movie if you don't like the actors. Anyway, this guy has enough fans and his movies have enough good reviews, so he ain't losing anything.

Look man, nobody forces you to watch a movie if you don't like the actors. Anyway, this guy has enough fans and his movies have enough good reviews, so he ain't losing anything.

Indeed if anything Doom helped his career.

I don't know how much Doom helped his career, but it was certainly not a fail. Fans watched it, it was no. 1 at the box office, what more could you ask from it?

I don't know how much Doom helped his career, but it was certainly not a fail. Fans watched it, it was no. 1 at the box office, what more could you ask from it?

How about to actually make money?

Doom's Budget: 60 million

Domestic gross: 28 million

Source:
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=doom.htm

Even its world wide gross was only 55 million. That is a failure.

Personally, Doom highlights why I don't want the Rock as Black Adam. He sucks as a villain. He's just not believable in my opinion.
But if anyone actually wants proof that the Rock has leading man material and can be funny and charming (while still tough) they need to watch The Rundown. That was the movie that convinced me the Rock actually has something.

Now just get Brandon Molale as Captain Marvel and Freddie Highmore as Billy Batson and we're good to go.

Is that a fact? Also if true....he didn't show his range very well on that one.

What range was there to show he was a merc captain who gets infected and turns bad.....it was a basic action flick...no room for deep thought for heavens sake. :whatever:

You think Doom should of had more touchy feely drama?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"