Days of Future Past The Sentinels

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Sentinel cameo in X3 was just pointless. Thank god we got DOFP if only because Sentinels are the major threat and they're using their most well known story.
Pointless puts it mildly. It was terriballs:o

Now that I have seen the Mark X, I think the future portrayed in DOFP will be a lot darker than I thought. The Mark X is a sign that things got really out of control. While it probably won't be in DOFP, the design screams movieverse mastermold, :)

Now we can imagine what the hell is coming when Warpath
says "they're here"

Yeah I assumed purple guys...not shapeshifting biomechanical black demons

And here is the explenation to anyone who was wondering (not that it wasn't already clear from the cover):

Speaking with Empire, production designer John Myhre had this to say about the design: "They're biomechanical weapons. We had to come up with what would be the ultimate version that could actually, in principle, stop the X-Men. We started with this idea that they were almost made up of magnetic plates slapped over one another, imagining that the plates could contract or grow, so the Sentinel can be skinny to get through a small space or the plates can open up to become a bigger shape. So they have become virtually unstoppable."

I can't wait to see Fox's take to the Sentinels.

The Sentinels' appearance in the future compare to the comics is sooooo different.

Don't really understand why so many people want "comic-faithful" Sentinels. They're a little ridiculous looking and not that menacing. (Plus since their introduction, Sentinels have changed shape/form/size/style many times in the comics, so there's no one "faithful" version, unless you're considering the 90's animated version, which is perhaps the silliest looking of them all)

sentinels-huge.jpg

I do wish we could have gotten something like this in the future, not exactly like it but similar. But I do like the designs of the future sentinels, they look really wicked, like some machine from hell.

I can't really complain about the Future Sentinels, because I think it would just make sense for the Sentinels to keep evolving, to be more efficient Hunters. Skynet didn't keep building bigger and badder Terminators. After the T-800, we got the T-1000 and T-X, which were smaller, but much more deadly, and far more effective when it came to infiltration.

My inner fanboy would have been squealing if the Sentinel X design was a little more faithful to the comics, but I really like it.

And I've always been a fan of the Past Sentinel, I think it looks great too.

As much as I wanted to see the future X-men (Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Kitty et al) battle a Sentinel that looks like the one in the comics, I am very happy with what they came up with for the Mark X. It is a beautiful design and looks well thought out.

That said, I think the backlash of this new Sentinel design would have been far worse had they not unveiled that more traditional-looking Sentinel from the past.

I like the future sentinel design the past design is growing on me. I think it would have been cool to have one that looked like the old school comic book/ cartoon version like the head in X3.

The head in this looks much better than in X3, much more like the comic. Those eyes..

Well one thing much I think would agree on is if the sentinels had the 90's cartoon voice " Halt Mutant". :)

I dig the designs,not much like the comics but meh I'm fine with that

I'm thinking Dinklage's voice in that style

Let's hope he doesn't type out his commands to the sentinels Instant Messaging style a la Stryker to Deadpool in X-men Origins: Wolverine :oldrazz:

You know Rebecca Romjins electrosynth voice would be quite cool for them imo if a bit deeper.

You know Rebecca Romjins electrosynth voice would be quite cool for them imo if a bit deeper.

That would definitely add to the creep factor.

Not only would they be unstoppable, have the ability to track you down, mimic other mutants abilities and counter your abilities, they also possess the ability to mimic the voices of other fellow mutants.

And all of the sudden, I'm getting Terminator 2 flashbacks.

I love both designs can't wait for the next trailer hopefully we get a good look at the sentinals

I wonder if we get to see these Sentinels. I found this Pic on the Trask Website.

Image2_Full.jpg

^Interesting... :hmm

It could be a nod moment like in Captain America with the classic costume. Who knows though?

Don't really understand why so many people want "comic-faithful" Sentinels. They're a little ridiculous looking and not that menacing. (Plus since their introduction, Sentinels have changed shape/form/size/style many times in the comics, so there's no one "faithful" version, unless you're considering the 90's animated version, which is perhaps the silliest looking of them all)

sentinels-huge.jpg

Agreed. I look at the Mark X as an amalgamation of different mutant hunting robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"