Days of Future Past The Sentinels

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the sentinel is a combination of mystique and rogue? Is that why rogue is/was captive . . .

Nah its likely they will wanna put there all into Lawrence as mystique, it would just confuse having them in same film and Lawrence has a more important role as mystique

I've been letting my imagination go and thought it was a combo of Rogue, Mystique and Cerebro. Shapeshifting scales, power mimicry, and some ability to track/hunt down mutants. The scales/panels really remind me of the panels in Cerebro, that display images of whatever Prof X is seeing when he latches onto a mutant.

If the Cerebro thing is deliberate and not just a coincidence, would that also tie in with the rumor that was floating around of Rogue being imprisoned in the lower level of the X-Mansion (where Cerebro is located) being converted into a lab for experiments? When I heard the rumor, I was like, why would she be so special as to be the only one imprisoned there? It would make sense if they were experimenting on her for her DNA to give the Sentinel the ability to power mimic.

If she's also edited out of the movie, it could also be easily said/explained without Rogue actually appearing in the movie like Endzone said.

Last edited:
Nah its likely they will wanna put there all into Lawrence as mystique, it would just confuse having them in same film and Lawrence has a more important role as mystique

In a movie about time travel and mutation, let's not introduce two different actresses to play Mystique because it will be too confusing for the audience? :huh:

In a movie about time travel and mutation, let's not introduce two different actresses to play Mystique because it will be too confusing for the audience? :huh:

lol, I'd want the Sentinel to shapeshift into Rebecca and hunt down the JLaw Mystique. Or if they do take the DNA of JLAW mystique and her character is killed or whatever, then the Sentinel can shape shift into Rebecca. Ha!!

When she has a slow ageing thing, yeah abit, I honestly think she will be dead in future like beast

Young and old doesn't apply in the same way

Last edited:
I've been letting my imagination go and thought it was a combo of Rogue, Mystique and Cerebro. Shapeshifting scales, power mimicry, and some ability to track/hunt down mutants. The scales/panels really remind me of the panels in Cerebro, that display images of whatever Prof X is seeing when he latches onto a mutant.

If the Cerebro thing is deliberate and not just a coincidence, would that also tie in with the rumor that was floating around of Rogue being imprisoned in the lower level of the X-Mansion (where Cerebro is located) being converted into a lab for experiments? When I heard the rumor, I was like, why would she be so special as to be the only one imprisoned there? It would make sense if they were experimenting on her for her DNA to give the Sentinel the ability to power mimic.

If she's also edited out of the movie, it could also be easily said/explained without Rogue actually appearing in the movie like Endzone said.

That makes it worse imo. Have her there and have her killed on screen then, cameo execution.

I forgot to mention if it wasn't obvious enough, the lynchpin is obviously Mystique. Obviously.

Last edited:
That makes it worse imo. Have her there and have her killed on screen then, cameo execution.

Well I would prefer her to be in the movie of course. Huge on that.

But… it would probably be the most emotional thing if they just mentioned her as taken and never seen or found again… or they went looking for her and knew where she was but the mission failed and they had to fall back without ever even seeing her… that would not be a disservice to her character but it would probably be the absolute saddest way of handling it i can think of….

Don't really understand why so many people want "comic-faithful" Sentinels. They're a little ridiculous looking and not that menacing. (Plus since their introduction, Sentinels have changed shape/form/size/style many times in the comics, so there's no one "faithful" version, unless you're considering the 90's animated version, which is perhaps the silliest looking of them all)

sentinels-huge.jpg

The future Sentinels are scary as f***. They look like Satan walking. :dry:

I'm so happy we never got the Sentinels in X2 (the rolling ones). Too bad we still have that monstrosity from X3 to deal with though.

I love both Past and Future Sentinel designs!

Don't really understand why so many people want "comic-faithful" Sentinels. They're a little ridiculous looking and not that menacing. (Plus since their introduction, Sentinels have changed shape/form/size/style many times in the comics, so there's no one "faithful" version, unless you're considering the 90's animated version, which is perhaps the silliest looking of them all)

it's the way comic book fans work. Deviation equates to digression.
I do think it sucks they went for all black though. It's just so overdone everywhere. From terminator salvation to even this robocop...
A red face would have been a cool nod to nimrod.

I'm so happy we never got the Sentinels in X2 (the rolling ones). Too bad we still have that monstrosity from X3 to deal with though.

This. :up:

I wonder how long the x-men are going to last battling the mutants.

I think the future Sentinels look damn great. A lot of potential to take on some cool forms. If they were like the comic versions. It be silly. Two words: ROBOT MUSCLES.... i don't even get why that would be okay on screen.

Yeah, I didn't like the X2 rolling Sentinels idea. The actual X3 design of the Sentinel head didn't look bad imo. But teasing them like that definitely sucked.

^ I liked the idea of the X-men training against a Sentinel in X3. It was the design of the head and the execution of the entire scene that was terrible.

Execution of the scene sure, size was off but the Sentinel head design looked like a Sentinel. I never got that complaint.

I disagree about design looking like a Sentinel. It looks like a robot design from another franchise that I can't quite put my finger on.

And it looked cheap. <That's mostly my complaint.

I'm looking forward to the Mark X killing a bunch of muties. It looks like it could be fun to watch in motion.

omg Muties!! Haven't heard that since TAS. Have they used that in the movieverse??

Stinkin' Muties! :woot:

I disagree about design looking like a Sentinel.

It looks pretty obviously like a Sentinel head imo. If you showed an X-Man fan it they would be able to say what it is pretty easily. But yeah, agree to disagree there. Scene sucked and that's what hurt it

That Sentinel cameo in X3 was just pointless. Thank god we got DOFP if only because Sentinels are the major threat and they're using their most well known story.

Yea those X2 Sentinels looked horrible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"