Iron Fist The Shou Lao the undying thread

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Come here to talk about everyone's favourite chinese dragon who bestows the iron fist title, Shou lao the undying.

image.jpg

A lot of people will probably want him as CGI but I actually think traditional puppet work would look way cooler. They used puppets for Death in the hog father and he looked great as opposed to CGI for the dragon in jerkin which often didn't.

Sure they aren't the same sort of character but you get what I mean

Come here to talk about everyone's favourite chinese dragon who bestows the iron fist title, Shou lao the undying.

image.jpg

A lot of people will probably want him as CGI but I actually think traditional puppet work would look way cooler. They used puppets for Death in the hog father and he looked great as opposed to CGI for the dragon in jerkin which often didn't.

Sure they aren't the same sort of character but you get what I mean
I can tell your a huge fan of Iron Fist. This is a interesting idea.

Thanks.

I love the idea of Shou Lao being inspired by the traditional Chinese dragons and that really powerful beat music they play when they set up a chinese dragon for lunar new year.

I'm sure he'll look amazing!

Game of thrones has shown us that with the right budget, dragons can work on the small screen...

That's a good point plus with disney cash anything is possible

I'm interested in how they'll justify the existence of a dragon in the MCU.

Yeah that's a good point. Um, the inhumans did it? Lol just kidding.

It probably wouldn't be as hard as people might think. I mean k'un lun is ancient and mysterious. He might have been a leftover from the Jurassic era who has evolved differently.

Maybe in the first series he won't even appear, he could just be an egg people are fighting over and they'll save his birth for season 2 where they'll show more of Danny's origin so it's sort of drip fed to the audience?

Yeah that's a good point.

I mean Shou lou is such a huge part of Danny's origins and he would be such a draw for audiences. Plus if they can find enough money to keep telling spider-man's origins every couple of years they can def find enough for a great Shou lou!

I think Iron Fist will be out in the end of 2016 so I think that after Doctor Strange, it will be easy to speak Dragon,etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"