The Simpsons to kill off one of their main characters this season, reveals show produ

If Moe finally pulled it off, it would be kind of a happy ending for him, wouldn't it? He's been trying at it for years now.

I thought of Moe too but dismissed him because then there'd be no Moe's Tavern and where would Homer drink and socialize?

I love watching old episodes. But you're right, today The Simpsons are really meh.
Big yes to this. To me the show became obsessed with staying on air and breaking records. Now they're trying to stoke interest with this stunt.

I thought of Moe too but dismissed him because then there'd be no Moe's Tavern and where would Homer drink and socialize?

Barney's Tavern. :cwink:

Though I can't see Moe going. Death is one thing. Suicide... That's kind of dark, isn't it?

Big yes to this. To me the show became obsessed with staying on air and breaking records. Now they're trying to stoke interest with this stunt.

Agreed.

Also, in regards to FG... Why would they kill
Brian
? :csad:

Sideshow Bob probably, because Kelsey wants to move on.

Besides that, maybe a peripheral character no one cares about like Jasper.

Not that it matters. This show has stunk since the early 00's.

Barney's Tavern. :cwink:

Though I can't see Moe going. Death is one thing. Suicide... That's kind of dark, isn't it?
Do we even know what Barney does for a living? Besides drinking that is.

Sideshow Bob probably, because Kelsey wants to move on.

Besides that, maybe a peripheral character no one cares about like Jasper.

Not that it matters. This show has stunk since the early 00's.

Move on from what? The occasional guest spot he does for three hours every ~5 years that he makes bank on?

Do we even know what Barney does for a living? Besides drinking that is.

Plow King appears to be an ongoing seasonal business for him. Then he does human experiments as well. Plus welfare on the off-season (I assume), I'm sure he does okay financially.

Given how much he's drunk, "okay financially" is open to interpetation. :funny:

Given how much he's drunk, "okay financially" is open to interpetation. :funny:

Yeah, lol. I assume that if he can afford to drink, he isn't worrying so much about the roof over his head. No kids or a wife to support either.

Unlike the Simpsons, who appear to be one paycheque away from homelessness at all times.

Yep. The Simpsons was such a perfectly 90s show.... and somehow it's lasted a decade and a half more (and counting).

This is the final season though...right?

It will probably go on till Season 30, so that it has been medíocre for 20 years.

I hope they eventually decide to just make movies and try to deliver on them like they did with the last one.

No, I thought FOX made an announcement that this season would finally be it's last.

Really? Do you have a link?

Not that I've seen. It's probably the last but I haven't read anything that it's officially the last.

Moe could leave it to Homer (or any of the cast), and the show could transform to a Cheers-like setting. Moe would be Coach basically. :cwink:

The season premiere was a snoozefest. I've liked some newer episodes though.

Moe could leave it to Homer (or any of the cast), and the show could transform to a Cheers-like setting. Moe would be Coach basically. :cwink:
They could but I think that The Simpsons is too episodic to do it. Then again, they'd be killing off a major character (Maude was at best a moderate character) so it's possible. Although I doubt Homer would get it. I'd expect Barney to inherit it over anyone else.

Not that I've seen. It's probably the last but I haven't read anything that it's officially the last.

I thought they just agreed to some new contracts that took them past 2015. Wasn't there a big "will Simpsons end?" news story about a year ago, but then they renegotiated?

Not that it'd matter to me if they ended tomorrow or 2025. They've been on autopilot forever.

Good, keep it on forever then. It's not as good as it used to be, but nothing is as good as Simpsons used to be. It never became a bad show.

Seinfeld is better than Simpsons used to be.

And it knew better than to keep is going for 30 years. :o

Good, keep it on forever then. It's not as good as it used to be, but nothing is as good as Simpsons used to be. It never became a bad show.

No, I'm pretty sure it's a bad show now. If you still find it fresh and funny after 600 episodes or so, more power to you. While there's increasingly rare exceptions, the occasional episode I tune into now just makes me cringe at how bad it's become.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"