Revenge of the Fallen The SOUNDWAVE Appreciation thread!

satelitealtmode-550x366.jpg

I like Soundwave's Disguise satellite mode . I just hope he transforms into a robot mode in movie 3 . (At least he deployed Ravage)

I betcha there will be a vocoder'd fancut of the movie at some point...

Anyway, his alt mode is bad ass. I just wish we could have gotten to see his robot mode in the movie.

Y'know, I think there's still a good chance that, in the same vein as TF1, there will be some brief scenes shown during the closing credits. Where one of them could be Soundwave transforming. In which case, I don't think its far fetched that if they do plan on including some, they just weren't included on cut for the Japanese premiere.

Might be. Bay added a lot of scenes in Transformers after the first premiére (The Autobots in Hoover Dam, the two after-credits scenes...)

Just encase if there is anything im sticking around till they show the entire credits.

Me, too. I like Soundwave's alt mode also.

It's very disappointing to hear that Soundwave won't transform in ROTF. Hopefully Bay can add this scene in as an after-credit kind of thing, like what he did with Starscream in TF1.

I really liked the idea that someone had over at TFW for a scene that could show Soundwave in orbit and getting a transmission from Megatron ordering him to return to Mars with Soundwave replying "as you command, Megatron" as he transforms and flys off.

And to add to that, I'd like a second scene showing Soundwave landing on Mars and meeting up with Megatron and Starscream. Where Megatron tells him about how he has never failed while giving a glare to a pissed off Starscream. :cwink:

Me, too. I like Soundwave's alt mode also.

As do I because it really does fit the character. Though it seems like Bay doesn't seem to realize that there's not any reason for him not to come to Earth every now and then.

On a related note, Soundwave needs to adopt an Earth mode for TF3. In which case, I like the idea of a satellite truck that has been put forward by others.

Yeah the satellite truck would be cool. Even if it is someone else's concept......they used someone else's concept for Long Haul, so they can do the same with Soundwave in this case.

Yeah the satellite truck would be cool. Even if it is someone else's concept......they used someone else's concept for Long Haul, so they can do the same with Soundwave in this case.

I've really come to like the idea for a specific model that someone at the Don Murphy boards put forward:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sattruck.jpg

Big enough for where he could be around the same size as Optimus in robot mode and the blockish shape could allow for similar proportions to his G1 self. Just need to paint it a shade of dark blue.

In the fake script, Soundwave becomes an large, military-grade focused sound laser attached to a truck. That might be interesting to see.

It's very disappointing to hear that Soundwave won't transform in ROTF. Hopefully Bay can add this scene in as an after-credit kind of thing, like what he did with Starscream in TF1.

Unlike the first one there are no after credit scenes featuring the Transformers.

Is it at the end of the credits or kind of mid credits like the first movie?

Is it true Soundwave's voice lacks any vocoder effect? :(

But his weird voice was part of his character! I call SINO! (Soundwave in name only)

But his weird voice was part of his character! I call SINO! (Soundwave in name only)

have to agree.

Soundwave's iconic voice is essential to his characterization. Hopefully the new director will bring this into the next film.

Just glad he's actually in the film even if he's just a cameo. Seems like Bay wasn't too keen on bringing the character onboard. Similar to Raimi with Venom, which is why both come off disappointing.

dude he hardly characterized the transformers, so I dont understand how just showing another robot that is evil, or as i like to call misunderstood, would not benefit the film where you have robots running around everywhere?

So when you say he didn't like the character it makes no sense cause there are really no characters just decepticon 1 decepticon 2 and so forth. Oh bay confuses me sometimes

The change to Soundwave's voice wasnt as dissapointing as I thought it would be to be honest, nor was his role, yeah I wanted to see him in some battle's, etc, but to be fair he has never really been a big fighter. Hopefully in TF3 we get more of him.

The change to Soundwave's voice wasnt as dissapointing as I thought it would be to be honest, nor was his role, yeah I wanted to see him in some battle's, etc, but to be fair he has never really been a big fighter. Hopefully in TF3 we get more of him.

I remember soundwave participating in basically every battle of the G1 cartoon. He just didn't engage his enemy in hand to hand combat very often. Soundwave usually always attacked enemies with his gun. When that didn't work he would eject his minions to fight with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"