Revenge of the Fallen The SOUNDWAVE Appreciation thread!

Soundwave was great. Could he have been better? Had the voice synth? Visor? Hell yes, but in Bayformers, you take what you can get and you be happy! :cmad:

I like how ominous he was, floating in space and being a puppeteer to the Decepticons. The score during his scenes and mainly his intro was great as well. I loved his Dr. Claw voice, and he had a good design I thought. His mouth was like a big scary bug thing. :(

I'm glad he never came down to die a weak ass deaths at the hands of an old lady with a gun or something, and I look forward to his return.

Soundwave was awesome even thought he doesn't appear in Robot form . He still was a nice addition to the Decepticons army . He served his purpose quite well he Spied on the enemy (kinda like Laserbeak would) and deployed Ravage . The voice while wasn't the classic Soundwave from the G1 cartoon , I'm still glad Frank Welker did the voice he did a great job . Here's hoping we see him in robot form in movie 3 .

wasnt he kinda between robot and stallite from in rotf?

I think he has a kinda mouth and yeah Soundwave was an awesome addition hopefully we see more of him in the next one

"decepticons i have the boys position"

This decepticon was awesome. I got chills during his scenes. Whoa man!

the tenticle things were great for the effect andpurpose, like an octopus or multiple leeches

I loved every second we had with Soundwave.

The voice was sheer badass. Didn't make me miss the vocoder at all.

so if they didn't digitalized his voice, did he still talk in a monotone voice? like an expressionless Dr. Claw?

This is the exact same voice used in the original cartoons - sans the vocoder. There were a few moments in the G1 cartoons where they did NOT use the vocoder for whatever reason and he sounded exactly like this.

So did he actually look like his ROTF action figure?

Thank God Soundwave wasn't tainted by Bay. Thank God he stayed up there. If I was Soundwave, I would sneak my way out of the Milky Way.

I would of still preferred the voice synthesizer, only because its recognizable and iconic.

I preferred the Voice this way. And I agree about Soundwave staying up in space. Thank god he didn't come down. He was one of the best Decepticons in the Movie and had a purpose and luckily didn't get tainted.

You know what was cool? Those "liquid circuits" he was using.

I loved every second we had with Soundwave.

The voice was sheer badass. Didn't make me miss the vocoder at all.

Ditto, I didn't miss the synth on the voice, or the robot form. He was definatly cool, especially with the fiber optic tentacles.

it was just awesome third fav con after ss and megs

The way he deployed Ravage was awesome. Ravage was awesome. The other stuff that popped out of him i didnt really like

Soundwave was great. Could he have been better? Had the voice synth? Visor? Hell yes, but in Bayformers, you take what you can get and you be happy! :cmad:

I like how ominous he was, floating in space and being a puppeteer to the Decepticons. The score during his scenes and mainly his intro was great as well. I loved his Dr. Claw voice, and he had a good design I thought. His mouth was like a big scary bug thing. :(

I'm glad he never came down to die a weak ass deaths at the hands of an old lady with a gun or something, and I look forward to his return.

I also did love Soundwave and i'm surprised that Bay changed Frank Welker's voice that much. Really if he did that to the voice of Welker , i really do think that he could've voiced Megatron in both movies. Not that i'm complaining about Hugo Weaving ( Agent Smith ftw ! :hehe:). But his voice was quite menacing at times and could've held the gravitas of Megatron.

i like how soundwaves voice stands out.

Soundwave not only had a badass voice but awesome tentacles to rape satelites. =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"