World "The Spectacular Spider-Man" Appreciation Thread (possible spoilers) - Part 1

I was just coming here to post that info. SSM is now streaming on Netflix in the US.

If there was ever a chance to get this show renewed for more seasons, this is it. Binge watch this show on repeat. Even if you're not watching...have it on. Play it when you go to bed, when you're in the shower, whenever, wherever.

We've talked about this before and now we've got an opportunity to put actual numbers up to let the execs know just how popular this show can be. Maybe, just maybe, we can prove it enough that they'll take notice and get this show back. It might be a longshot but this is without a doubt the best chance we've had.

Edit: When you search for this on Netflix, you have to type in Spectacular. For some reason it doesn't show up when you search by Spider-Man. Or at least it didn't for me.

Thanks for this heads up! I don’t post really anymore, but I still keep an eye on the boards. Glad I stumbled upon this.
I was thinking about a rewatch with my BluRay set. But, now I’ll do it on Netflix! Hopefully we can get it trending, then who knows?
Yeah, it’s a long shot, but you never know…

I know Greg Weisman has stated multiple times over the years why the the likelihood of this show coming back in extremely low due to all the legal stuff. But I guess it doesn't hurt to just have the show play in the background. Just gives me another excuse to rewatch the show. :hyper:

Yeah Greg Bishansky (the person who uploaded this video and one of the hosts) first posted this on this thread last year after the podcast episode aired. Still always a good reminder for people not in the know.

Watched the first 4 episodes of Season 2 I think OK (the last episode was good) but not spectacular. The problems mostly that I still didn't see why Peter (or the viewers) would like Liz, why he, at least after the first episode, wouldn't tell both Gwen and Liz that he wanted to be with Gwen (who he did seem to like and care much more for except in one episode he was way too excited about Liz, too oblivious about having a chance with Gwen except with that he was currently alienating her), also Kraven was fine initially but him quickly rushing to mutation felt forced and Mysterio and now also Electro pretty under-motivated. I did again like both Sandman and Rhino and the action with them.

Edit: And I thought most of the humor was too much at Spider-Man's expense and/or just goofy without being funny.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"