Sequels The Amazing Spider-Man Sequel Villains Thread! - Part 1

ASM2 - Quentin Beck/Mysterio - Former failed actor/magician/entertainer turned criminal.

Movie opens with Beck using his standard magic and deception to rob a bank, before his plan is spoiled by Spiderman. He goes to prison, sees the fame Spiderman receives, becomes jealous and obsessed. While in prison, he gets into voodoo and the dark arts, learning "real magic."

Meanwhile, Oscorp uses Dr. Connors' formula to move onto a cure for cancer (Norman's terminal illness). The first formula helps Osborn some, but leaves him with skin legions and minor deformities (think Dr. Connors' skin issues in ASM). They enhance the forumla use test subjects from an asylum from for their human testing trials, including Quentin Beck and a deranged serial killer named Cletus Cassidy. This new "formula" is much more than they bargained for and kills the first subjects it's tested on. However, one of the scientists running the experiments grows a fond spot for Beck, due to their similar beliefs in the occult (think Red Skull, magic vs science) and helps him escape so he won't suffer the same fate as the rest of the subjects. These two leave and begin to plot against Spiderman.

After their adventures and ultimate defeat, we pan back to Oscorp where they begin their testing on Cassidy, the last remaining test subject. Cassidy not only survives, but embraces this new formula, or symbiote as it has grown to become.... hence the creation of Carnage.

In a final scene, we see Norman Osborn deformed and angry from the failed attempt at his cure, growing more and more insane. He breaks into the weapons research wing of Oscorp and steals the Green Goblin equipment we all know and love.

ASM3 - Carnage/Cletus Cassidy, Green Goblin/Norman Osborn

Carnage is the primary villain, Green Goblin's character continues to grow and develop until he hits full goblin insanity around the midpoint of the movie. Spiderman defeats Carnage, but Green Goblin actually gives him the final blow, seeing him as an uncontrollable loose end.

Goblin discovers Parker's true identity, infamous Gwen Stacy death around the climax of the picture (leave it completely open to interpretation, you never truly know how she dies or who's responsible), Goblin dies similarly to the comic ending, but not exactly the same, as to avoid the Raimi picture.

In the final sequence, we see Peter, at peace, but still struggling to cope with Gwen being gone, when his newfound friend Mary Jane shows up. They embrace in a hug to console each other with their friend's death.... fade to black. Fade in to the typical "I'm Spiderman" swinging scene. End.

That's basically my idea. no details filled yet, but you get the broad stroke.

you know what i like about your idea? i like how it opens up with a new villain being created, and spider man saving the day.

one of the reasons i like TDK is because the story starts off with the villian and batman....i hate having to wait 45 min-1 hr before seeing the villians in action

mysterio's an awesome character too. i wonder how he'd translate to film

For me I want to see Mysterio next.

The Jackal or Chameleon both second choice if Mysterio aint it.

Mysterio seems like he'd be a major threat after Peter's got some battle scars.

you know what i like about your idea? i like how it opens up with a new villain being created, and spider man saving the day.

one of the reasons i like TDK is because the story starts off with the villian and batman....i hate having to wait 45 min-1 hr before seeing the villians in action

mysterio's an awesome character too. i wonder how he'd translate to film

Thanks. I've always been a fan of starting things with a bang, getting the real story started and having the background story arcs be the ones that grow through the movie. Start the primary arc immediately, let the rest develop around it. It's just like life. That, like what you said, is what I loved about TDK. Introduce Joker, have the rest develop around that arc.

What I really want to see is a new, darker Mysterio. I always thought he was cheesy when I was younger. Interesting, had potential, but too goofy and cliche in my book. But, with the right tweaks, you can really make him a dark, threatening enemy for Spiderman on the big screen, especially if you focus on the Spidey Sense and Mysterio finding a way to counteract that.

ASM3

Harry Osborn wants revenge after his dad is killed.Harry now the CEO of Oscorp is in charge of everything,and he is using everything in his power to kill spider-man.

Harry is in a room with scientists Allistair Smythe,Max Dillon,and Dr.Connors.They walk over to a robot,but not just a robot,a spider slayer.

Allistair Smythe has created a cyborg,a half human,half robot (Rhino).Allistair Smythe's assistant Dr. Octavius gets strapped into his tentacles like how he did in SM2,then he walks over to a control panel with a monitor in the center of it.

Each tentacle goes into a slot,and each slot are the controls to control Rhino.We see Dr.Octavius use the controls as the Rhino is activated.

Spidey vs Rhino.

When spidey defeats Rhino,the control panel Dr.Octavius is using explodes and Dr.Octavius is sent sliding across the floor.Max Dillon runs over to help him.

One of Dr.Octavius tentacles whips Max Dillon which sends Max flying straight into the control panel where he gets electrocuted.

Electro is born.

Electro is the main villain.

At the end of the movie after the credits,we see Harry in a hospital room with Dr.Octavius.Harry tells him that the tentacles were fused to his spine.

Harry tells Doctor Octavius about Max,and how that they have failed.Dr.Ocyavius says to Harry that we can create another super villain to kill spidey.

Harry says,NO!My father had taught me that don't expect different results from doing the same experiment.Harry says he is gonna create a team of villains this time,and that he wants Dr.Octavius to lead the team.

^^See thats kind of cool. Harry is like the evil Nick Fury. But I actually do want Harry to don the Goblin suit and actually be insane, not just really strong. And please, no snowboard.

What I really want to see is a new, darker Mysterio. I always thought he was cheesy when I was younger. Interesting, had potential, but too goofy and cliche in my book. But, with the right tweaks, you can really make him a dark, threatening enemy for Spiderman on the big screen, especially if you focus on the Spidey Sense and Mysterio finding a way to counteract that.

I agree, more akin to the Scarecrow. In general. not necessarily Nolan's version.

Unless Dr. Octopus is going to wear the white suit and be less sympathetic, I don't see the reason to do Octopus again.

I don't exactly know how this will reflect on screen but my idea for a TASM hexology is this-

TASM: Web of the Spider
Basically surrounds Peter digging into his father's history and bonding more with Gwen Stacy.

The villain here is Electro (Max Dillon) an Engineer at OsCorp who is also working under Dr. Ratha.

Spider-Man is shown fighting a villain known as the Vulture. An awesome aerial battle later, Vulture and Spider-Man crash into the OsCorp building. This massive short-circuit and resulting fire in the office Dillon is working in. Spider- Man saves Vulture and as many OsCorp employees he can. But we have our... Electro! (Its ironical that Vulture's battle with Spidey causes Electro's birth since Electro and Vulture are said to be friends)

Norman Osbourne appears for the first time on screen to address the crowd after the accident.

Scenes in between show him mulling over taking the refined Goblin super-serum.

Electro and Spidey have a memorable fight in a power-plant as he faces his toughest challenge yet. He drenches Electro with a hose-pipe, short circuiting him.

As he comes out, he is attacked by The Green Goblin. Although initially overwhelmed, he starts to get the upper hand. Green Goblin starts to fly away and in an effort to distract Spider-man,

picks up a random citizen standing on the bridge (which turns out to be Gwen Stacy) and throws her towards the water. Spider-Man tries to save her, and shoots his web. You know how that turns out right?

Green Goblin escapes as Spider-Man weeps. He shouts out in despair-

"YOU'RE THE CREEP WHO'S GOING TO PAY! I'm going to get you, Goblin! I'm going to destroy you slowly -- and when you start begging for me to end it -- I'm going to remind you of one thing-- YOU KILLED THE WOMAN I LOVE -- AND FOR THAT, YOU'RE GOING TO DIE!"

Behold! I give you- The Night Gwen Stacy Died.

Think the ending scenes could show Peter meeting Harry Osbourne for the first time- one of Gwen's friends she told Peter about as Harry tries to give emotional support to a distraught Peter.

POST-CREDITS SCENE- Dr. Ratha enters a plush office and speaks to a man whose face we cannot see as his face is turned the other way. "Norman Osbourne is alright." he reports.
"Toomes is not happy about how it ended with Spider-Man and him. But he's hurt and won't be flying anytime soon."
The figure grunts in disgust and, after some thought replies "But we still need some help Dmitri, we still need some help."

Dr. Ratha nods. Only, he no longer has Irrfan Khan's face which is replaced by what appears to be a shiny white mask.

FADE TO BLACK

Stay tuned for TASM: THE LAST HUNT!

Last edited:
ASM2 - Quentin Beck/Mysterio - Former failed actor/magician/entertainer turned criminal.

Movie opens with Beck using his standard magic and deception to rob a bank, before his plan is spoiled by Spiderman. He goes to prison, sees the fame Spiderman receives, becomes jealous and obsessed. While in prison, he gets into voodoo and the dark arts, learning "real magic."

Meanwhile, Oscorp uses Dr. Connors' formula to move onto a cure for cancer (Norman's terminal illness). The first formula helps Osborn some, but leaves him with skin legions and minor deformities (think Dr. Connors' skin issues in ASM). They enhance the forumla use test subjects from an asylum from for their human testing trials, including Quentin Beck and a deranged serial killer named Cletus Cassidy. This new "formula" is much more than they bargained for and kills the first subjects it's tested on. However, one of the scientists running the experiments grows a fond spot for Beck, due to their similar beliefs in the occult (think Red Skull, magic vs science) and helps him escape so he won't suffer the same fate as the rest of the subjects. These two leave and begin to plot against Spiderman.

After their adventures and ultimate defeat, we pan back to Oscorp where they begin their testing on Cassidy, the last remaining test subject. Cassidy not only survives, but embraces this new formula, or symbiote as it has grown to become.... hence the creation of Carnage.

In a final scene, we see Norman Osborn deformed and angry from the failed attempt at his cure, growing more and more insane. He breaks into the weapons research wing of Oscorp and steals the Green Goblin equipment we all know and love.

ASM3 - Carnage/Cletus Cassidy, Green Goblin/Norman Osborn

Carnage is the primary villain, Green Goblin's character continues to grow and develop until he hits full goblin insanity around the midpoint of the movie. Spiderman defeats Carnage, but Green Goblin actually gives him the final blow, seeing him as an uncontrollable loose end.

Goblin discovers Parker's true identity, infamous Gwen Stacy death around the climax of the picture (leave it completely open to interpretation, you never truly know how she dies or who's responsible), Goblin dies similarly to the comic ending, but not exactly the same, as to avoid the Raimi picture.

In the final sequence, we see Peter, at peace, but still struggling to cope with Gwen being gone, when his newfound friend Mary Jane shows up. They embrace in a hug to console each other with their friend's death.... fade to black. Fade in to the typical "I'm Spiderman" swinging scene. End.

That's basically my idea. no details filled yet, but you get the broad stroke.

I love the way you have this panning out.

It would be really cool to get straight in there with the villains and they way Carnage get bought in to the story is great.

Kind wish this is what they would do now.

Oh and i saw this on other site and thought Michael C Hall maybe a good fit for Carnage.

VENOM_001.jpg

I love the way you have this panning out.

It would be really cool to get straight in there with the villains and they way Carnage get bought in to the story is great.

Kind wish this is what they would do now.

Oh and i saw this on other site and thought Michael C Hall maybe a good fit for Carnage.

VENOM_001.jpg

Well thank you. And ironically, he was one of the guys I had imagined as Carnage.

Well there you go then that's settled, Michael C Hall is Carnage.

Executive Decision has been made. :woot:

Who do you think for Beck?

Hitting the failed actor aspect, I think Zachary Quinto. He really portrays the "actor" persona very well and he's very talented. But that's a bit of a pipe dream.

I imagine someone in their 30s, selfish, looking for fame and fortune, attention. Over the top, but not cheesy. The CHARACTER is over the top, mentally. Not crazy per se, but hungry and jealous.

My idea for the next movie (more to come later):
In the beginning we see Connors in his cell again, and we see him sitting on his bed as he was in the end of the 1 movie, the Lizard rash is now spreading. It's night with thunder and lightning again. We hear a whooshing sound, and a slight bit of smoke. Connors looks up and sees a silhouette, it's the guy from the end of the first movie. Then there is lightning and his face is shown for a brief second. Connors stands up and turns his hand into the Lizard claw hand, and the rash on his neck spreads out slightly. Connors must have been in there a long time because he has been practicing and has more control over the Lizard now. The dark man raises his hand and the Lizard scales fall off Connors's hand, like Judas Traveller against Carnage's symbiote in the comics. The dark man says Connors has no power against him. Connors gets more angry and the scales on his neck spread more, up into his face. The dark man says goodbye and disappears into a cloud of smoke. Then Connors gets up and screams and slashes at him but the man is long gone. He yells, and men come in and tranquilize him. He falls, unconscious, but the rash on his neck is still spreading.

Hey everyone, I'm new.
Here's my theory, I think the old guy in the credits was Norman Osborn, which would lead to the Green Goblin, but didn't the Hobgoblin come first? Or am I wrong on that.
I think they could make a really cool story involving both Hob and Green Goblin, creating a triangle of fighting. Electro, Mysterio, Shocker, Sandman would all be really cool. Shocker could be sick too. Picture Bane with Shockers weaponry lol.

I'd like them to save GG for #3. Let them build up Norman Osborn more in the second movie.

Hey everyone, I'm new.
Here's my theory, I think the old guy in the credits was Norman Osborn, which would lead to the Green Goblin, but didn't the Hobgoblin come first? Or am I wrong on that.
I think they could make a really cool story involving both Hob and Green Goblin, creating a triangle of fighting. Electro, Mysterio, Shocker, Sandman would all be really cool. Shocker could be sick too. Picture Bane with Shockers weaponry lol.

Hobgoblin only came first in the 90s animated series, but in the comic books the Green Goblin was the first goblin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"