• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spider-Man 2 The Spider-Man 2.1 DVD Thread

I give this dvd easily a 9. Spider-Man 1 was about an 8 and Spider-Man 2 was an 8.5. This dvd really ups the bar for this movie overall. I don't know why this wasn't in the original cut. After you watch it, with all the extra scenes and dialogue...the original feels choppy and severely cut to make it shorter for the theatre audience. It flows better...a lot better. The only scene I felt was unnecesssary was at the beginning when Pizza Joe argued with some of his employees and the part where Peter mentions the suit rides up in the crotch was also gone. It really is a great dvd though. I hope they put this version on the Bluray whenever it comes out this fall. 9 overall.

Thanks for the review! I'll be sure to pick this up Tuesday.

Spidey getting hit by the train could have been doable, but the way it was delivered made it seem too "WTF"-inducing. He just gets HAMMERED by that huge onslaught of metal, and literally seconds later we see Spidey swinging back into the fray like he didn't feel a thing. Certainly a train is going to pack more of a punch than Doc Ock's metal arms any day (F=ma, anyone?). It was too inconsistent and I can see why they cut it. Regardless, it's awesome to watch, lol.

Now, other scenes like the extended Harry/Peter scene (where he speaks of his father) should have been kept in the original movie. It makes the viewer much more sympathetic towards Harry by creating that parallel between Harry and Norman vs. Peter and Uncle Ben. It becomes more of a dually-justified matter of circumstance, then. Why they cut this scene is beyond me.

The Spidey/random dude elevator scene was too long and cheesy, in my opinion. I am really glad they cut that part out. Wayyyy too much talking going on and it didn't seem to fit the flow of things. Making that scene more of an awkward-silence is much more effective and draws attention to the sheer absurdity of Spider-Man needing an elevator, haha.

Jameson in the Spidey suit... that was hilarious... shoulda kept it :p

Spidey getting hit by the train could have been doable, but the way it was delivered made it seem too "WTF"-inducing. He just gets HAMMERED by that huge onslaught of metal, and literally seconds later we see Spidey swinging back into the fray like he didn't feel a thing. Certainly a train is going to pack more of a punch than Doc Ock's metal arms any day (F=ma, anyone?). It was too inconsistent and I can see why they cut it. Regardless, it's awesome to watch, lol.

Now, other scenes like the extended Harry/Peter scene (where he speaks of his father) should have been kept in the original movie. It makes the viewer much more sympathetic towards Harry by creating that parallel between Harry and Norman vs. Peter and Uncle Ben. It becomes more of a dually-justified matter of circumstance, then. Why they cut this scene is beyond me.

The Spidey/random dude elevator scene was too long and cheesy, in my opinion. I am really glad they cut that part out. Wayyyy too much talking going on and it didn't seem to fit the flow of things. Making that scene more of an awkward-silence is much more effective and draws attention to the sheer absurdity of Spider-Man needing an elevator, haha.

Jameson in the Spidey suit... that was hilarious... shoulda kept it :p

Look at what it says under your username

So ? because i"m "new" on this board and you're not, that makes your opinion better than mine ? that's a kiddie argument, grew up.....

When did I say you couldn't watch what you wanted...I'm not your father, unless DNA tests prove otherwise

Thank The LORD for this, I would commit suicide if so.....

If you think Raimi butchered Ock...

Yes I DO and that's MY opinion, that's the point of those boards, sharing "opinions" with other people and respecting what they think, did you know that ? seems not.....

You can complain all you want...I don't give a sh**

If so why did you quote me and bash me for "complaining" if you didn't "give a ****....."

Now that's funny

But I can say whatever I want on here as well and there is nothing you can do about it...trust me.

And I will keep complaining as much as I want here whenever I feel the need to and there is nothing you could do about it..... Trust Me

Yes, that's very true.

No. It should have affected him more than it did. Or we should have at least got a proper view of how he recovered from it.
meh, i don't think he should have got hit at all so i'm glad they left it out, i think it comes across as the creative team just getting a lil carried away...

It looks absolutely DUMB, and the movie suffers for moments like that enough!!!:o

Of course its dumb but it's funny....and believe me, its not because of scenes like that that the movie suffers :o
Anyway, like NR said and something I've been saying from day 1, the character of Jameson is being grossly misrepresented. The thing is, they've made Jameson to be purposely funny but that's not his character. Jameson is a serious man but granted, some of his actions are unintentionally funny, go read the early comics, go watch the 60s animated series. Personally I would have preferd it if they modeled Jameson's character on the 90s animated series. He's become too much of a joke and I fear the antics have escalated in sm3, given the dark tone of the film.

Well just cause he can survive it doesnt mean it doesnt hurt. Its like shots, you can walk out of the doctors office but your not gonna keep giving yourself shots because of that....if you get what Im saying.
Also in the first one, when Spidey was jumping around to go save Mary Jane, the Green goblin snatched him from behind and slammed him face first into a large 2 story window and Spdey was fine after that.

Are you seriously trying to compare having someone's protected face go through a window to being hit by a speeding train? :huh: :whatever: :o

alright the extended bank scene i do kinda like, although again there is a large part of it with spidey just pummeling ock to the face.

my gripe about this scene originally was the way spidey went crazy from the 'hang on' part, especially after he knocks ock off the building with one blow, so then he gives him a whole lunchpack full and ock's still ticking.

this just adds more of the same...

i do like the fact ock randomly grabs a part of a building that makes them accidentally fly into a building but i would have hoped that would have been a turning point for him and he would have completely owned spidey instead of molina lying there with his mouth open taking a few more good whoops.

for all his efforts, ock never really hurts spidey, it's a bit daunting

Well just cause he can survive it doesnt mean it doesnt hurt. Its like shots, you can walk out of the doctors office but your not gonna keep giving yourself shots because of that....if you get what Im saying.
Also in the first one, when Spidey was jumping around to go save Mary Jane, the Green goblin snatched him from behind and slammed him face first into a large 2 story window and Spdey was fine after that.
oh please don't give me this, spidey is completely physically unphased until he tries to stop the train.

getting hit by that train didn't slow him down in the slightest, at the very best it put some distance between himself and ock.

I'm sorry but spidey can't sustain getting hit with the force of two speeding trains going in opposite directions.

remember this is the same character that was knocked clearly out by a bag of money :rolleyes: and had to be picked up.

hey this has probably been posted already but its the special features list for spiderman 2.1 and at the bottom it says that theres an exclusive video and link to the demo.. but i remember somebody saying there is no demo on this disk..

DVD Features:
  • Available Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
  • Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (Dolby Digital 5.1), Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1)
  • Commentary by: Laura Ziskin & Kirsten DunstDolby Digital 5.1
  • Features 8 minutes of new footage, including extended action sequences
  • Sneak Peek of Spider-Man 3
  • Introduction with Avi Arad and Grant Curtis
  • Trivia Track with all-new branched video pieces
  • Inside 2.1 - Featurette on the new cut
  • Viewfinders: The Art of Storyboarding
  • Activision “3” game exclusive trailer & ROM link to demo

I watched 2.1 on friday and boy it is great!!!. the new action scenes blew me away!!!.

hey mods, do you think it would be okay if we could get a poll going in here too...

If you have bought/seen the full Spider-Man 2.1 DVD, is it worth the buy?

Yes, No matter what
Yes, If you dont have Spider-Man 2
No, its not worth it

I literally get sad when I see Spider-Man punching Ock so many times. That's the one thing for me that really downgraded the experience of Spider-Man 2 upon multiple viewings.

I've heard that Walmart has a exclusive 15 minute preview on the 2.1 disc...can someone confirm this...?...if it is true...someone could try and post it on here for us......

I've heard that Walmart has a exclusive 15 minute preview on the 2.1 disc...can someone confirm this...?...if it is true...someone could try and post it on here for us......

That's the bonus disc I was referring to earlier. It's actually on a whole separate DVD (they could have fit it on the 2.1 Special Features disc though), which is a Wal*Mart exclusive.

If anyone is one the fence about this DVD set, they need their heads examined. It's the superior version of this film...plus, it got remastered and absolutely murders the picture quality of the previous releases of this film on DVD.

Wal-Mart has a exclusive DVD that goes along with the 2.1 DVD's , it's called the Villains of Spider-man 3 , it's like a 15 minutes DVD broken down in three parts discussing the three villains of the movie , they show a little concept designs , stuff like that

VenomImage.jpg

so in you guy's opinion...is this dvd worth buying if I already have Spidey 2? I always have reservation about shelling out cash for a movie I already have...but if the new scenes are worth it, I'll definitely pick it up...whatcha think my spidey loving collegues? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"