The Avengers The Stan Lee Cameo Thread

Stan's cameo in the Incredible Hulk is my favorite too. Its sahort and sweet and to the point. Its unexpected and fun.

[BLACKOUT]Ross is hearing about a Banner siting, his blood was found in a bottled drink by an old man. (something said like that). We see the fridge open and its Stan. He grabs the drink, drinks, and says one word, "Wow!" Before passing out.[/BLACKOUT]
Short simple and part of the story, he isn't wedged in there.

I Love this idea.

They can show this scene of hoards of Skrulls running into battle against the Avengers. They can show maybe 5 of the Skrulls look like Stan Lee, and that could be his cameo. Just that small scene of 5 hims running into battle with other Skrulls (who look like Skrulls and others mimicking stuff too.)

This is sort of what I was trying to say. An invading army of Skrulls charge against the Avengers and in the large crowd the audiance might notice that three of them look like Stan Lee. Thats all.
No close ups no action shots of him fighting. Just in in a large crowd where he might not even be noticed.
leecameo.jpg

skrullslee.jpg

Wrote this for the "Write a Scene" thread, but it's my idea of what a cool Stan Lee cameo scene would be, so I'll cross post it here.

EXT New York City street.

Damaged from attacks by Loki and/or Skrulls. We are on a rough-and-tumble street (Yancy Street would be best, but knowing our luck that's probably under Fox's control), and the chaos has brought out the worst of New York City's residents. We see people looting, and one old man- played by Stan Lee- sits on a bench watching over it while a small, antique wireless radio plays by him. We are facing him, and in the background is a electronics store. We hear some of the radio reports.

RADIO: This is WMMM, continuing our coverage of this day, which will go down as a day unlike any other. Reports from SHIELD spokesman Gyrich indicates that despite the attack, members of the Directorate's Avengers Initiative remain active and are planning a counter-attack against the invasion, and reiterated the president's call for unity against the threat. Reports from...

In the background, some hoodlums break into the store.

Stan turns around quickly, but goes back to his radio.

RADIO: … Whereabouts of Earth's other masked heroes are unknown, and the military has proven....

Three RIOTERS come out of the store, carrying televisions, video game consoles, and the like..... Stan remains focused on his radio, but turns it up to hear it better.

RADIO: … in related developments, noted televangelist Arthur Blackwood has said that the current crisis is the result of America turning it's back upon traditional teachings and, quote, “following false idols masquerading as so-called heroes,” and in...

A rioter grabs Stan's radio.

STAN: Hey, that's mine!

The rioter turns around, fiddles around with it, Stan gets up to try and get it.

RIOTER: Ahh, c'mon....

The radio isn't getting many broadcasts, as almost all of the stations have gone to either news or emergency broadcasting systems. Finally, the rioter finds a station that is playing music.

RADIO: (voice of Frank Sinatra) New York... NEEEEEW YOOORK....

The Rioter, obviously not a fan of Sinatra, throws the radio to the ground, breaking it. A teenager runs over and yells at the rioter:

TEEN: Leave him alone!

The rioter runs off. The Teen looks down at the smashed radio but then goes to Stan.

TEEN: Are you okay?

Stan looks at the teen, and then sighs.

STAN: No. I'm not okay. It could be the end of the world and all we seem to be doing is proving that maybe we deserve it.

Stan looks and sits back on his bench. The teen grabs what is left of the radio and starts to tinker with it on the sidewalk. NYPD police cars drive by, their sirens blaring. The teen looks up at Stan.

TEEN: Y'know, I had a bit of a hobby with radios when I was younger....

Stan just nods, watching the NYPD cars drive by. One of the cars- a van- is all blue and labeled SWAT:CB, and after this one passes the stream of cars ends. The rioters have essentially dispersed, either because of the cops or because they have taken all they wanted.

TEEN: Wait a second, I think I almost go it....

Stan looks over, smiles. He then looks across the street and sees a few residents come out of their houses, as if curious as to why an old man and a teenager are sitting on the street during Earth's darkest hour.

The teen suddenly gets some sounds out of the radio.

TEEN: All right!

Stan turns and is given it by the teen. The camera cuts to people leaving their houses, soon coming to be with Stan, who is fiddling with the radio. It is like a scene out of WWII London, or an airport during a snowstorm- of people huddling around trying to hear the news. Stan leans in to listen to the radio.

RADIO: We continue our coverage...
The problem is that we can't hear it, since there are lots of people talking. “I heard in Hell's Kitchen...” says one person, “I wonder when the Mets will play again...” says another. “Why don't we just nuke them?” wonders another person. Finally, though, across the radio comes this call, not from a news anchor, but from a voice that carries the wariness of war and lost love, the charisma of a leader and the authority of a soldier. It is, of course, the voice of CAPTAIN AMERICA.

CAP: This is Captain America of the Avengers. If anyone can hear me, we are going to give the enemy all we've got. We're not dead yet, not by a long shot. But we need you to keep fighting too- and keep believing. As long as even one man stands against them, they'll never be able to claim victory.

Stan smiles, looking up into the sky.

STAN: Don't worry about us true believers, Cap. Just go get them. Excelsior.

Banner: Wow! The man himself, Jack Kirby! Can I have your autograph?

anyone has a link to the Evans quote about the cameo, or maybe even the quote itself?

I think he should be rescued by the Avengers. I really hope that happens.

Man, I'd love to be sitting next to Stan Lee on a park bench during a Skrull attack as apathetic Goth girl saying something like, "Wow, it's our alien overlords." in the blandest voice possible. :p

Just thought of this, and of course I'd say something stupid while waiting for the scene to be shot like "Hey, I look like Harley Quin." which we all know is a character for that other comic company. I'd probably never work on another Marvel film ever again after that to the great disappointment of all my Apathetic Goth Girl fans. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"