The Street Fighter Discussion Thread

PyroChamber

Not lactose, it's milk!
Reaction score
This thread isn't about the certain movie that's being made about Chun-Li, this is about the 1994 bomb that we all love to snark on. Here you can talk about what you liked and didn't like about the movie, what could have been done differently, costumes, signature moves, actors/actresses, etc.

it could have said united nations instead of allied nations
and it could've focused on bisons tornament than a miltary/peacekeeping action

Van Damme played a terrible American.

And sigh.......that this was the last major movie that Raul Julia was a part of before his passing.

And Ming Na was (and still is) hotter then Kylie Minouge.

I didn't like that they tried to have every Street Fighter at the time in the movie. Sometimes doing nothing really.

The original Van Damme picture was, in my opinion, little more than a guilty pleasure. In terms of story, it was pretty straightforward: Bison kidnaps a few scientists for a huge ransom, and Guile is bent on defeating him. The side story involving Ryu and Ken was interesting, but not very compelling. I liked Kylie Minogue as Cammy; she had not only the look, but the attitude to match. Wes Studi was a great Sagat, and the film also had an plausible take on Dhalsim. Much of the Blanka story was poorly executed, though. My fave sections of the film are mostly comedic, like Zangief's "Quick, change the channel!", or Dee Jay's "I shoulda stayed at Microsoft!" :D

It's fun to watch. It's not good but it's a guilty pleasure.

What did anyone think of how the moves were executed? Like Guile's Flash Kick or Bison's Psycho Crusher or even Ryu's one frame flash Hadoken.

I thought it was ok when it came out, although i was a kid and i can barely remember any of it now, so maybe it wasnt that good. :D

This thread isn't about the certain movie that's being made about Chun-Li, this is about the 1994 bomb that we all love to snark on. Here you can talk about what you liked and didn't like about the movie, what could have been done differently, costumes, signature moves, actors/actresses, etc.

I wanna pretend I didnt see this movie:csad:

The only thing that was decent about this crapfest was Kylie Minogue playing cammy

This was actually on cable over the weekend, I watched the last half hour/45 minutes or so. Damn, that movie sucked, especially how much effort went into trying to get everyone in their video game costumes at the end. Plus the final freeze frame of everyone in their "victory" poses. The animated movie was so much better.

The movie should've narrowed the list of SF characters, and not tried to squeeze all of them there which doomed the movie before it began. And allowing Van Damme to play the American Guile and headlining the movie was another mistake. If they had decided to put the focus on Ryu and Ken, and maybe Chun Li as a supporting character and Akuma as the villain, then we may have a good movie there.

But the fact is that the studio was never interested in making a good movie; they just thought over-the-top characters with cheesy fight cheoregraphy will make all the SF fans to show up, never realizing that no one will see a crap movie no matter what. Of course, Hollywood never really learned from their lessons, and that's why we were given Batman & Robin years later.

my favorite line of the entire movie...

Zangief: QUICK! CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!

This was actually on cable over the weekend, I watched the last half hour/45 minutes or so. Damn, that movie sucked, especially how much effort went into trying to get everyone in their video game costumes at the end. Plus the final freeze frame of everyone in their "victory" poses. The animated movie was so much better.
I remember always wondering where Balrog suddenly found some boxing gloves and how Dhalsim just suddenly looked like his video game counterpart.

I remember always wondering where Balrog suddenly found some boxing gloves and how Dhalsim just suddenly looked like his video game counterpart.

balrog's gloves came from shadaloos training hall

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"