Vanessa Kirby is Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman

Other times actors have lied about being cast in the MCU when they were actually cast:

“As far as I’m aware, even if that was the case, it couldn’t work because I’m doing a little play called ‘Hamlet’ in London. So I don’t think I could even if that was in the cards. It sounds like a fantastic project. It’s a shame if I miss out, but who knows?” - Benedict Cumberbatch on rumours of being cast as Dr. Strange

"That actually isn’t a real thing and it’s like a press release that’s gotten out of hand. It’s totally not — I’ve been connected to these things in the past and press has gotten onto it, but it’s not actually a thing, unfortunately." - Tatiana Maslany on rumours of being cast as She Hulk

there's probably more

Other times actors have lied about being cast in the MCU when they were actually cast:

“As far as I’m aware, even if that was the case, it couldn’t work because I’m doing a little play called ‘Hamlet’ in London. So I don’t think I could even if that was in the cards. It sounds like a fantastic project. It’s a shame if I miss out, but who knows?” - Benedict Cumberbatch on rumours of being cast as Dr. Strange

"That actually isn’t a real thing and it’s like a press release that’s gotten out of hand. It’s totally not — I’ve been connected to these things in the past and press has gotten onto it, but it’s not actually a thing, unfortunately." - Tatiana Maslany on rumours of being cast as She Hulk

there's probably more
Paul Rudd denied being Ant-Man and I believe Jason Momoa denied getting cast as Aquaman too.

There are also the many who were telling the truth about having not been contacted.
If she is telling the truth, she basically politely declined the role with her comment on not being interested in superhero movies and Black Widow was mainly to work with RDJ.

she definitely has been contacted during the filming of Jungle Cruise - so she’s not telling the truth

What would happen if, when asked, someone said they are playing the role and then it turned out they're not because they were never contacted at all or were even in the running?

What would happen if, when asked, someone said they are playing the role and then it turned out they're not because they were never contacted at all or were even in the running?

This DID happen. Dylan O'Brien said this in jest, but at the time, many netizens were very sure he was playing it cool as previous MCU stars did. Especially given the way his manager appeared to react to that question.

@ 1:57

This DID happen. Dylan O'Brien said this in jest, but at the time, many netizens were very sure he was playing it cool as previous MCU stars did. Especially given the way his manager appeared to react to that question.

@ 1:57

He was still denying though and saying it's news to him that he's Spider-Man. But I'm talking about if someone said "yes I have been cast in the movie. I know I'm not supposed to say that but I'm too excited to keep it in so now you know" even if they were never approached at all.

Like say if Alfred Molina said he's in No Way Home but he's actually not.

According to Amy Lee of Evanescence, she worked on music for the first Narnia film and was offered a role in the movie, neither of which ended up being in the movie. The movie producers claimed that she was never approached at all. Now I'm not stating that she's the one who lied, but that's an example of a discrepancy and the closest I've heard of to something like that. So I guess the answer to what would happen would be not a whole lot.

Ethan Hawke trashed comic book movies and now he is in Moon Knight.
Blunt should have said no and moved on. That dissertation about the genre being exhausted will probably come back and bite her in the ass if in a few years she is cast in a comic book movie/tv series.

Ethan Hawke trashed comic book movies and now he is in Moon Knight.
Blunt should have said no and moved on. That dissertation about the genre being exhausted will probably come back and bite her in the ass if in a few years she is cast in a comic book movie/tv series.
Eh, not really. Just do what Hawke did.

"The script won me over."

Easy.

Emily Blunt will be over 40 when the movie is released. If the F4 will be around for 10 years she’ll be over 50. That’s not the Fantastic 4 I want.
They should be in their late 20’ies, except Ben

Emily Blunt could be in the MCU in a vilanous role like Moonstone or Morgan le Fay

Emily Blunt will be over 40 when the movie is released. If the F4 will be around for 10 years she’ll be over 50. That’s not the Fantastic 4 I want.

Emily Blunt could be in the MCU in a vilanous role like Moonstone or Morgan le Fay

Definitely do not want Reed in his late 20s. He would still be a boy. He would completely lack any gravitas as a leader.

How old were RDJ, Evans, Hemsworth, Ruffalo and others in Endgame? What you said sounds ageist imho. You are entitled to your preference, but i think Emily Blunt has aged gracefully and we need the best actors for the parts, not only eye candy like these 20 year old actresses.

How old were RDJ, Evans, Hemsworth, Ruffalo and others in Endgame? What you said sounds ageist imho. You are entitled to your preference, but i think Emily Blunt has aged gracefully and we need the best actors for the parts, not only eye candy like these 20 year old actresses.

I’m 56, so I don’t have anything against old people, but I’d like to start with something like:

Johnny 17ish
Sue Late 20’s
Reed and Ben early to mid 30’s.

I’d like to see Sue introduced as a young woman acting as a parent figure to her younger brother, and then I’d like to see her marry Reed and have a baby.

I don’t really want to see Sue having a baby at 50.

I don't want the likes of Rosemary Harris as Sue. She shouldn't be popping out Franklin in her 70s.

I’m 56, so I don’t have anything against old people, but I’d like to start with something like:

Johnny 17ish
Sue Late 20’s
Reed and Ben early to mid 30’s.

I’d like to see Sue introduced as a young woman acting as a parent figure to her younger brother, and then I’d like to see her marry Reed and have a baby.

I don’t really want to see Sue having a baby at 50.

I'm a youthful 55, but would prefer the team get aged up a smidge.

Johnny - Early to mid 20s.
Sue - Mid 30s
Reed and Ben - Late 30s to early 40s

Who needs Emily Blunt? whether it was fan casting or she turned it down I'm sure they can find somebody who wants to play Sue

Who needs Emily Blunt? whether it was fan casting or she turned it down I'm sure they can find somebody who wants to play Sue

I’ve seen few, if any, FF fans excited by Blunt.

I think, at most, people thought the idea of teaming her with her husband would be interesting.

i could probably come up with a list of 100 actresses I’d take before Blunt.

I am excited by the prospect of Blunt being in the MCU. I am more excited for the prosect of Krasinski as Reed vs Blunt as Sue however

I think people were quite excited about the prospect of Blunt as Widow. Not sure if the push for Sue would have been as strong without her link to Krasinski.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"