Vanessa Kirby is Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
Now that we have a new forum, I thought we could have individual threads for casting characters.

Who would you like to star as Sue Storm?

My top pick is Lily James. She has the acting talent as well as the maternal warmth and friendliness for Sue. Lily is also full of charm and personality.

lily-james-la-nouvelle-cendrillon-de-disney-103623_w1000-800x992.jpg

58fac04c32cdfacb4978d9e08591d154.jpg

pdc_lilyjames2hori.jpg

Lily-James-3.jpg

She also has the elegance and style. While she's British, she can adopt an American accent, or even have a mid-Atlantic accent like Grace Kelly.

She can also seem like a badass for action scenes:

I think she'd be perfect for Sue.

Last edited:
She would be a good pick. With that said, I think she will be even better in X-Men

Last edited:
If she hadn't played Wanda, Elizabeth Olsen could've been a good pick for Sue. She definitely has the maternal warmth and charm. Plus she's a fantastic actress.

I think they’re going to need someone who can play Sue as someone other than just the perfect wife. Out of all the four she arguably will need the most development

I think they’re going to need someone who can play Sue as someone other than just the perfect wife. Out of all the four she arguably will need the most development

She's the member that the films struggled with the most too, and I think part of it is because many comic runs also struggled with the character. They didn't develop her and opted to giving her big power spectacles instead. However, there are some comic book runs that got her right and made her really interesting: Marvel Knights 4, Byrne's run, Waid's run, and Hickman's run. I think when translating her to film, those are the books that they should be looking to.

A few traits stood out in them which I think would be great for MCU Sue:

A more lighthearted personality - A problem I've noticed is that Ben and Johnny have their own sense of humor and fun with Reed usually being the straight man. That leaves Sue out completely.

More of a leader - she took charge quite a bit in these runs and it didn't effect Reed because his main thing is being the smartest

Can be aggressive - She can be the kindest and most compassionate member (and so can Ben), but she is also very aggressive when her patience runs out. They need to incorporate both aspects of the character.

Intelligence - She should be very intelligent, not Reed's level but still shown to be very smart. She tackles problems in a different way to Reed and see's the things he misses (usually how things would effect people emotionally).

Those are what pop into my head when thinking about those comic runs and what MCU needs at the very least. I still believe making her the leader is the way to go and solves a lot of issues and doesn't really effect how Reed operates.

My thoughts on how Sue should be portrayed leads into how I've fancast her. I chose women who I think are talented enough to lead a franchise and commanding enough not to get pushed into the background by the personalities of the other members.

Evan Rachel Wood - lead role on Westworld and has shown she is a capable actress able to show the many aspects needed for Sue

evan%20rachel%20wood.jpg

screen-shot-2018-02-28-at-8-41-26-am.png

PRI_146717438.jpg

Nicole Beharie - another incredibly talented actress who's work shows she can believably portray the multifaceted Sue Storm

533199_v9_bc.jpg

img-nicolebehari1_132322955489.jpg

tumblr_ptbw1eUy9o1vcwmiso6_r1_540.gifv

It's alot tougher than it seems to cast Sue Storm, and truthfully, it's hard for me personally to come up with an actress today who I think would knock it out of the park.

That said, if you can find an actress with the charm, class, warmth, humor, and spunk of these two ladies, they'll be off to a good start .

e9950994feb338f9e4082367750947f2.gif

332cf798b8d5731d08ae7369c182afb0.gif

To be fair, they're once in a lifetime talents and you could never find another Grace or Audrey, but if they find an actress with even half of the talent and presence they had to play Sue , they're already on the right track imo.

Rosemund Pike could have made a pretty good Sue Storm in the early to mid 00s, but she's probably aged out of the role at this point, unless they decide to go older with the F4 team ala RDJ in the first Iron Man.

1177-01-SUN-BLUE-1-1275x1700.jpg

What about Annie Murphy (Schitt's Creek)?

How about Amanda Seyfried? Marvel was apparently interested in her as the producers approached her for Gamora in Guardians, but she turned it down due to not wanting to have to spend hours of people putting the green makeup on her.

Rosemund Pike could have made a pretty good Sue Storm in the early to mid 00s, but she's probably aged out of the role at this point, unless they decide to go older with the F4 team ala RDJ in the first Iron Man.

1177-01-SUN-BLUE-1-1275x1700.jpg

she is a great actress. She would work well as Emma Frost or Madame Hydra. She has great screen presence.

How about Amanda Seyfried? Marvel was apparently interested in her as the producers approached her for Gamora in Guardians, but she turned it down due to not wanting to have to spend hours of people putting the green makeup on her.

she might be too old for this part but I like her as Felicia Hardy aka Black Cat. She doesn’t come off as a very deep actress. But i think that role would suit her on screen personality

Last edited:
she is a great actress. She would work well as Emma Frost or Madame Hydra. She has great screen presence.

I agree. She has alot of class and grace as well imo. I also think she could play Frost or Madame Hydra

Me4O.gif
PL6N.gif

9xHO.gif

If they get her though they’ll have to give the role more meat. Not just the perfect girlfriend/wife but something for her to work with.

Rosamund would be perfect for the mcu though

Just as well if true. I'm not keen on her and if she doesn't want to sign for a multiple film contract (especially if she has a family) then it's better she doesn't. I don't want them having to recast Sue later on. Get someone who will commit.

My alarm bells go ringing. Its an alleged exclusive about the alleged *breakdown* of talks. Which is to say, its a claim that something is *not* happening, which if true would show up as Emily Blunt *not* appearing as Susan Storm.

You know what also would cause Emily Blunt to *not* appear as Susan Storm? If she were never in serious consideration in the first place. Like if the earlier "insider word" about Emily Blunt were nonsense.

Which is to say, this rumor screams "Cover my ass BS". Its exactly the kind of "insider leak" that is seemingly-impressive and yet totally meaningless.

I’m actually warming up to the idea of JLaw as Sue. She has a MCU like sense of humour.

Emily Blunt seems more like a Rogue/ Captain Marvel type- more serious.

JLaw in a space suit:

9cd7e11c17be5367f5d23eb419f522ef.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back