Vanessa Kirby is Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman

Not a fan of Jennifer Lawrence getting the role after she sleepwalked through the last few X-Men films and I felt a lack of energy towards the end of the Hunger Games as well.
The only positive I can think of is that it would mean they are wanting Sue's role to be bigger than previous films, especially if they are looking to cast her first.

Not a fan of Jennifer Lawrence getting the role after she sleepwalked through the last few X-Men films and I felt a lack of energy towards the end of the Hunger Games as well.
The only positive I can think of is that it would mean they are wanting Sue's role to be bigger than previous films, especially if they are looking to cast her first.
I can't even fault her for sleepwalking through the last couple of X-Men movies. We know it wasn't the best time on set and she was killed off early on in Dark Phoenix. I wouldn't worry about her playing Sue, especially since she wouldn't need hours of blue makeup and has seemingly shown a willingness to join the MCU before.

i could make the argument that Oscar Isaac was horrible as Apocalypse but can we really put the blame on him or the actors? We know he is a talented actor and that’s why, despite X Men Apocalypse, Feige and co have cast him as Moon Knight.

so let’s not ignore the fact that JLaw is also talented and can act. And has an Oscar to boot

i could make the argument that Oscar Isaac was horrible as Apocalypse but can we really put the blame on him or the actors? We know he is a talented actor and that’s why, despite X Men Apocalypse, Feige and co have cast him as Moon Knight.

so let’s not ignore the fact that JLaw is also talented and can act. And has an Oscar to boot
Mentioned it before but I see the JLaw casting in the same vein as Brie Larson for Captain Marvel. Sucks if it is true the earliest we'll probably hear something is July.

Not questioning her talent, only her commitment.
There is more evidence of her eventually getting tired of the role than not.

I think Lily James would be a great choice to play Sue Storm. She looks the part and has the right age. Also she has already worked with Disney in the last years.
I’d be excited if we got James.

I think Lily James would be a great choice to play Sue Storm. She looks the part and has the right age. Also she has already worked with Disney in the last years.

I’d be excited if we got James.

She's my top choice and she ought to be in a Marvel movie. Sue would be the ideal role. And she's not just one of these TV actor fan casts but a fully fledged big screen actress.

She's my top choice and she ought to be in a Marvel movie. Sue would be the ideal role. And she's not just one of these TV actor fan casts but a fully fledged big screen actress.
Obviously it would depend on her personal interest in this stuff and willingness to commit (which puts many established film actors off), but I would so love if she signed up for a long term role like Sue Storm.

Obviously it would depend on her personal interest in this stuff and willingness to commit (which puts many established film actors off), but I would so love if she signed up for a long term role like Sue Storm.

She can still do other films on the side. She already has a career apart from Marvel so it's not like she'll be typecast or people won't see what she can do. In fact, WandaVision has been a huge showcase for Elizabeth Olsen's acting talents and could help boost her career even further so she can receive all kinds of offers.

She can still do other films on the side. She already has a career apart from Marvel so it's not like she'll be typecast or people won't see what she can do. In fact, WandaVision has been a huge showcase for Elizabeth Olsen's acting talents and could help boost her career even further so she can receive all kinds of offers.
Hopefully - I mean we got Scarlett and Cumberbatch on long contracts and they were both very in demand at time of starting.

now here's my question on the Lawrence rumors, would she be considered "Name" enough to cover the star power in the film herself, meaning they might go with unknowns/lesser knowns/up'n'comers for the rest of the cast?...or would her {rumored} involvement suggest more big names to come?

Last edited:
now here's my question on the Lawrence rumors, would she be considered "Name" enough to cover the star power in the film herself, meaning they might go with unknowns/lesser knowns/up'n'comers for the rest of the cast?...or would her {rumored} involvement suggest more big names to come?

JLaw is most definitely a big name. But not Meryl Streep or Julia Roberts or Angelina Jolie level. I see it as a 50/50 chance until we hear confirmation from Marvel

Last edited:
It could go either way, really. She probably would be "name" enough but that doesn't mean they won't go for names for the other roles either. I think there's a good chance at least one of Ben or Reed will be a big name as well as the villain. Johnny I feel like should be a lesser known but that depends how young they go with him.

I just saw Kong versus Godzilla and they had Eiza Gonzales in it and she might be a fun Sue

I just saw Kong versus Godzilla and they had Eiza Gonzales in it and she might be a fun Sue

Absolutely want Eiza in the MCU but I'm not sure for Sue. I would have liked to see her as the villain in Captain Marvel 2. I'm not sold on Zawe Ashton as an actress

I actually think she’s Lyja but adding Sue first would be such a flex. It would develop her instead of just being Reed’s wife or Johnny’s brother

Absolutely want Eiza in the MCU but I'm not sure for Sue. I would have liked to see her as the villain in Captain Marvel 2. I'm not sold on Zawe Ashton as an actress
Agreed. I want her in but not as Sue.

I knew the Sue Storm speculation would come shortly after her casting came out. I think she'd be a great Sue but I think it's highly unlikely. My guess is she's Abigail Brand.
I’d prefer her as Abigail Brand than the other 2.

How about Amanda Seyfried? Marvel was apparently interested in her as the producers approached her for Gamora in Guardians, but she turned it down due to not wanting to have to spend hours of people putting the green makeup on her.

She admitted later that the real reason for turning down the role was that she believed GotG would bomb and didn't want her name attached to MCU's first flop.

she might be too old for this part but I like her as Felicia Hardy aka Black Cat. She doesn’t come off as a very deep actress. But i think that role would suit her on screen personality

Seyfried is a great actress. And she doesn't look too old for the part. Even if she did, better that than looking too young like Jessica Alba did.

She admitted later that the real reason for turning down the role was that she believed GotG would bomb and didn't want her name attached to MCU's first flop.

Seyfried is a great actress. And she doesn't look too old for the part. Even if she did, better that than looking too young like Jessica Alba did.

Seyfried would b perfect as Black Cat but might look significantly older next to Holland. Unless they use deaging tech lol

Seyfried would b perfect as Black Cat but might look significantly older next to Holland. Unless they use deaging tech lol

What's the point of that when they can get someone the same age?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"