The Avengers The Superbowl spot - Part 1

With the issue of Black Widow fighting the enemy, it could be they're heavily reliant on their technology, without it they could be fairly weak and for people saying but they can take a super soldier on, well that could be a numbers game, they could simply overpower cap with their numbers.

Once again, I must point out that if this discussion considers the comics and everything that has happened in them to be fair game then the Widow's bracelets have the firepower of machine guns, or certainly appear to. Not to mention the fact that she used gadgets on the guards in Iron Man 2, it stands to reason she has even more of them. Plus she has an ambiguous amount of strength, agility etc bestowed on her by the soviet formulas.

Black Widow is in a far better position than Hawkeye, as far as I can see.

Nothing but a box of red X, man.

srry about that, i was trying to upload the image of the serpent silhouette....

nxbx92qcr

did it work?

srry about that, i was trying to upload the image of the serpent silhouette....

nxbx92qcr

did it work?

The problem is that the url you used is not the image address. Here it is:

serpent.png

May I ask where this image came from? I don't recall seeing the serpent in the original. Was it fan created or is it a still from the Super Bowl ad?

The problem is that the url you used is not the image address. Here it is:

serpent.png

May I ask where this image came from? I don't recall seeing the serpent in the original. Was it fan created or is it a still from the Super Bowl ad?

lol trust me its no fan edit...its the first frame of this scene and quickly cuts to the entire explosion....

Still getting nothing but lovely red "X" boxes....:shrug:

Using Opera and I can see it. It's a .png file, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

^ Thanks for the image. So, where's the serpent? I'm afraid I can't really see the silhouette that resembles a snake in the explosion.

Well, to me it looks as if there are scales along the side nearest to Thor and curving along toward the bottom of the frame. They look similar to the scales on the leviathan that the alien warriors are jumping from in the aerial shot.

Well, to me it looks as if there are scales along the side nearest to Thor and curving along toward the bottom of the frame. They look similar to the scales on the leviathan that the alien warriors are jumping from in the aerial shot.

That's just debris or something being hurled away, if you frame advance the clip it flies off the left side.

lead bullet =/= adamantium/vibranium shield. Cap has decapitated Ultron with that shield; I don't think he'd have any trouble with whatever skin/armor these baddies wear.

Sure, we're still speculating and assuming, of course; but now that you mention it, in the very first trailer I maintained then (and still do) that if you analyze it very closely, it definitely looks like one scene shows Hawkeye firing an arrow on the Helicarrier bridge and blowing **** up with it.

Anyho, I'll betcha a shiny red penny that Hawkeye has his trick arrows. If he's got a grapnel arrow, there's no reason to assume he doesn't have the rest of 'em.

Actually, quite a few people did. But again, Cap's shield is a "magic weapon" in and unto itself. Plus, we've already seen images of Cap firing an M4 in the first Avengers trailer; even *he* knows better than to bring a pistol to this kind of fight.

Yeah its all speculation on Haweye's part, I could come on here and say one of BW's bullets is made of vibranium, the other is a bomb, the other has gasses, the other etc. But I'd just be shooting **** out of my ass because I don't know. All we can go by is what we've seen and so far NOTHING has shown Hawkeye having anything but regular arrows and a grappling hook arrow.

So its pretty early to start whining and moaning about Black Widows weapons, especially since we don't even know what her wrist shooter can or can't do or if she brings anyother weapons like she had in Iron Man 2.

Is there precedent for Widow's wrist thingamagig's doing all those things?

Maybe we should have retitled the name of the thread to: "All about Widow's Wrists".lol

Well there's a thing that looks like a snake's snout and the black smudge looks like a cave painting of horse, but I can't really focus on much else other than CAP PROTECTING WIDOW WITH HIS SHIELD! EEEEEEE! :woot:
But she's with Hawkeye, mirite? "/

Well, women can overtake a big, musclely man by using their weight as an advantage. It's the basics of self defense. I'm assuming you are a guy as you little understand how a small woman can immobilize a larger attacker with basic anatomical knowledge.

Gee whiz, this is not about men or women this is clearly about human vs soldiers in an alien army. I would say the same thing about Hawkeye defeating alien soldiers with hand to hand combat, you act is these are "large men" NO these are alien warriors.

Comparing this situation to a "woman vs a larger man" is just plain silly, these guys AREN'T human and most likely they're wearing armor.

Last edited:
Did we ever get the name of the song played in the superbowl trailer?

okay, I've heard several people saying that the cinematography in the Superbowl spot looks like it was for television and not a movie. I'm not a cinematography expert. Can somebody give me a quick and dirty explanation of what the difference between movie/tv cinematography is?

okay, I've heard several people saying that the cinematography in the Superbowl spot looks like it was for television and not a movie. I'm not a cinematography expert. Can somebody give me a quick and dirty explanation of what the difference between movie/tv cinematography is?

I dont claim to know much about cinematography but i do get what those people are saying. Something just didnt seem right with the lighting/ color grading in the trailer. The scenes were awesome but something about it didnt seem very cinematic to me. I think the aspect ratio has something to do with that. Compare the trailer to the trailer for the amazing spiderman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGt-saFvkNk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tnxzJ0SSOw

i dunno, something just seems slightly off with the avengers spot.

Last edited:
T"Challa;22503529 said:
I dont claim to know much about cinematography but i do get what those people are saying. Something just didnt seem right with the lighting/ color grading in the trailer. The scenes were awesome but something about it didnt seem very cinematic to me. I think the aspect ratio has something to do with that. Compare the trailer to the trailer for the amazing spiderman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGt-saFvkNk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tnxzJ0SSOw

i dunno, something just seems slightly off with the avengers spot.

maybe its because one is an actual trailer, and the other is just a tv spot....
seriously wait tiill trailer 2 then compare the trailers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"