The Superman suit Thread

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by John-An, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

It does make some sense. I just don't want it. I don't think it would look as good and I can never get behind the Ma making her 33 year old son a tight suit.

2. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Zack Snyder won´t give us any kind of cheese. He´s not the man for the job. If you prefer more cartoonish stuff and vibrant colors, he is not your guy. Maybe one day...with another director.

3. John-An

John-An Wonder Fingers!

Wilkinson said that will be only few tweaks. The base will be there, so the alien suit will be there but only minor changes...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  4. Tra-El

Tra-El Well-Known Member

Take the existing suit, use his heat vision and give more of his version of the suit with the help of design from Martha. Change up the suit's design and come up with their own look to make it feel more human. There's ways to do it if they were to go that route. It only got me thinking since Wilkinson said it's different by the progression of the movie. I wish it didn't change at all.

Regardless, can't wait to see it!

5. Tra-El

Tra-El Well-Known Member

I'm in the corner of Zack Snyder, defend him 1 million times over, is one of my favorite and unique directors because of going against the grain and understand his directing style that he gave me exactly what I always wanted in Superman. I honestly hope that it IS only a few tweaks because for me, the MOS suit was nothing but PERFECTION.

I'm just thinking outside of the box and thought about more of the message of Man of Steel and how they would continue with Superman alien's origins and how he was "Welcomed to the Planet" which means he can finally feel at ease and fit into Earthy nature.

With Wilkinson saying what he said, I instantly thought making the suit feel more human in the sequel to prove a point with the character.

6. John-An

John-An Wonder Fingers!

ESQ: Will this film have the same Superman suit as Man of Steel?

MW: No, we're doing a few tweaks to the Superman suit. We want to make sure, again, that it's updated and feels fresh and right for this installment of Zack Snyder's comic-book universe.

The question is which changes do we think are going to be shown?
    I'm beginning to think that the yellow S could be possible to see it.

7. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

Gah, I hope they didn't do much to the Supes suit.

The anticipated will kill me. Kill me dead!

8. Tra-El

Tra-El Well-Known Member

What instantly comes to mind is the S-shield. In what capacity, who knows. The S-Shield is a thing of perfection with the suit and hope it only sees a few twists or turns if it's apart of their plans to change.

9. manofsteel4life

manofsteel4life Well-Known Member

Man I know it's easy to get caught up in the gripes and moans on what want, but I tell ya....it's so damn exciting that this is actually going on!....I've been trying to stay cautiously optimistic about everything, but damn, I hope I live to see this all play out....and I'm gonna do better this time and not look at any spy pics this time :D....not ruining anything this time...:)

10. Mad Love

Mad Love The Future of Justice

Anyone complaining about the Flash TV suit should read that and see how expensive and how much work went into making a suit like MOS. Pretty sure CW can't afford body scanning.

11. Tra-El

Tra-El Well-Known Member

People expected CW to have the same quality as the MOS suite to match that of the Flash's? LOL.

12. Young Superman

Young Superman The Last Son of Krypton

As long as they don't change the MOS suit too much I'll be happy.

13. jolldan

jolldan Well-Known Member

The superman prime would be an awesome change of costume for him

14. Wise

Wise Watchtower Janitor

If they used a red belt like the new 52 design but kept the collar and cape and logo of the MoS suit I think that would look wicked.

15. BatFan1979

BatFan1979 The Fan Batman Needs...

I hope the only "tweaks" they make will be:

1. removal of some of the abdomen/wrist piping.
    2. tone down the suit texture a bit
    3. brighten the colors slightly

16. Superman_200

Superman_200 Superman

I think if it looked like this it would be perfect:

[​IMG]

The way it looks in real life is pretty good, but I think the suit is not dark, I think it is the filter they used for the movie. For a movie that is heavy on special effects, it does make it easier to use a filter like the one they used. However, if in 1968 without using a filter that drained the colors, 2001: Space Odyssey was able to accomplish what it did, I think almost 50 years later they could make a Superman movie without using such that particular type of filter.

17. BatFan1979

BatFan1979 The Fan Batman Needs...

Yeah, I realize the filter is the key to the on-screen color, but I just hope they tweak it. As for my other items, I think for Superman to transition from an alien suit to more of an Earthly version, the piping details at least could be toned down. But if they don't touch it, I'd be happy too:yay:

18. Zorex

Zorex I'm 100% 50/50

I think you're oversimplifying the way by which the appearance of the suit changes from how it appears to the naked eye to how it appears on film. The appearance of the suit on film cannot be attributed strictly to some filter that's attached to the camera lens to drain all the color and life out of the image. It's a combination of the type of film stock (the actual physical film on which they record the raw material for the film), lighting conditions (and how that light interacts with the dual-layer, blue-textured-fabric-over-silver-muscle-suit construction of the costume), and digital color grading in post-production (where individual elements in any given shot can be lightened, darkened, enhanced, obscured, saturated or desaturated). It's a complicated process with lots of variables, but the end result is the end result as intended by the creative team all the same.

The change in cinematographer for the new film says right away that the suit is going to appear different the next time around. Then again, it's also going to look different because the costume designer says they're tweaking it.

19. 747

747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Yep. Simplifying the reason for the way the suit appears in the movie down to just a filter doesn't sit right with me either.

Especially since the suit colors appear different at different times even within the movie.

But even with a better presentation of the suit, I would still prefer if they brighten up the suit itself a bit too.

20. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with that. I definitely don't want the New 52 collar and suit at all. If they get rid of the little lines all over the MOS suit along with the gauntlets and tone the texture down a bit so it looks less like snake skin and brighten the colors a bit, I'm a happy man.

21. Juha Bach

Juha Bach Well-Known Member

Alien like texture and wrist gauntlets should stay. As it has been stated multiple times only changing the filter should be sufficient.

22. Zorex

Zorex I'm 100% 50/50

Oh, I agree, I would be very happy if they let the costume show off a little more boldness in its colors. I just wish people would, when discussing such a topic, understand that it's not so simple as just popping off this imagined de-saturating camera filter.
    Ahem... ;)

I would prefer they keep the texture and gauntlets as well, though perhaps toning down the texture a little bit over, and maybe even just removing it altogether in certain spots (like on the shield and the belt/buckle).

23. Young Superman

Young Superman The Last Son of Krypton

Agreed

24. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread [split]475363[/split]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.