The Wolverine The Svetlana Khodchenkova / Viper Thread

she's hot, but... why's she ripping her face off in the trailer?

I presume she's not Logan's secret wife, as was revealed in the comics some years ago.. She is clearly working for the corporation that Logan's old friend is the head of.. I wonder is she tied into HYDRA or because of the Marvel Studios rights issues she's cut off from that?

I presume she's not Logan's secret wife, as was revealed in the comics some years ago.. She is clearly working for the corporation that Logan's old friend is the head of.. I wonder is she tied into HYDRA or because of the Marvel Studios rights issues she's cut off from that?

She won't be tied into HYDRA.

She's Viper and they've made her more snakelike, more viper-ish. The comics version has an enhanced lifespan, so maybe they've reinterpreted it for film as an ability to regenerate herself. Perhaps it's someone Wolverine knew decades before and she reveals herself again, it's difficult to know what happens from that brief moment of her sloughing her skin like a snake.

For me, she has to be a mutant just because this movie is still set around the X-Men universe. So they are either a mutant or a human. Plus it makes things less complicated and easier to understand. Though I don't think she was a mutant in the comics.

Sure, it could be potentially complicated, but considering Deadpool in Origins it's not completely unprecedented. Though that would still be considered a mutation of sorts, albeit an artificial one.

For me, she has to be a mutant just because this movie is still set around the X-Men universe. So they are either a mutant or a human. Plus it makes things less complicated and easier to understand. Though I don't think she was a mutant in the comics.

I don't think she necessarily HAD to be a mutant. It would be equally good to see a human who can match a mutant's powers and prowess through sheer skill, training, technology, experience and intelligence.

so she has snake-based powers this time? curious.

so she has snake-based powers this time? curious.

Are you new? lol.

Mangold clearly said in the EW interview that accompanied the first reveal of the character: "As her name would imply, she's kind of snakelike. She likes to play with toxins. She's immune to toxins. She's kind of formidable.

"Viper views Logan like a great hunter might view hunting a lion. There's kind of an admiration, a desire to destroy and a desire to consume and to have and to hold."

Like Lady Deathstrike, I think its best that exclude their history in the comics as a couple. We already have Mariko as Wolverine's new love interest and making Viper as Wolverine's ex-wife/secret wife would just complicate the story.

Last edited:
I'm exited to see the liberties they have taken with Viper. Changes happen all the time in comics to film adaptations. Christopher Nolan does it all time in his Dark Knight universe and people would even argue "T A S-M" made some key changes to Peter Parker himself. Make Sure it adds more to the storytelling. X-Men Origins just added "extended" cameos to get fan boys in seats. Hey boys and girls, Wolverine meets Gambit, Little Storm, Emma Frost, frees Quick Silver and Scott Summers, and there's Dead Pool and wait, there's Professor X!!!! Don't ask us why, buy a movie ticket.

Last edited:
So Viper is an X-Men villain? I don't know much about her comic counterpart so I was surprise to see Fox having the movie rights of her character.

So Viper is an X-Men villain? I don't know much about her comic counterpart so I was surprise to see Fox having the movie rights of her character.

You should check her Wikipedia page if you want to know more about her. According to Wikipedia, she nearly killed Rogue and Storm in the comics.

You never know she could use her Toxins and Poisons to appear Snake like to the victims. This Viper chick is gonna mess with Wolverines head a good amount.

Last edited:
does this mean that any future green haired comic characters are most likely to be portrayed as blonde haired.

^Not really.

But I guess we'll know if Polaris or Abigail Brand appear in a X-Men movie.

She may be known more for/as a Captain America or Avengers villain but she has quite a bit of history with the X-Men and Wolverine.

I'll try to post/look up some details...asap...

I was kind of hoping we'd get a literal translation of Viper for the big screen. She would've been fine as a top assassin, with her guns and her augmented life span, which makes for years of experience in subterfuge and martial arts...that would've been fine for me but I guess they wanted her to be more "formidable" for Logan... I don't have a problem with making her snakelike as long as she's not a mutant. I'd rather her be an augmented human through science.

Too bad they can't have her connected to Hydra...they could always imply it though in a subtle way...hope they do.

She may be known more for/as a Captain America or Avengers villain but she has quite a bit of history with the X-Men and Wolverine.

I'll try to post/look up some details...asap...

I have that issue where I Storm, Kitty, Colossus, Nightcrawler and Rogue come to visit Logan and Mariko in Japan...they end up teaming up with Yukio to take on the Silver Samurai and Viper.

Storm was having issues controlling her powers...she was going through some personal changes... anyway, I remember, she almost killed Viper blowing her into dumpster...good read.

so glad she isn't being played by jessica biel. could you just imagine?

Yeah I don't see Jessica Biel giving a great performance especially as a villain.

I have that issue where I Storm, Kitty, Colossus, Nightcrawler and Rogue come to visit Logan and Mariko in Japan...they end up teaming up with Yukio to take on the Silver Samurai and Viper.

Storm was having issues controlling her powers...she was going through some personal changes... anyway, I remember, she almost killed Viper blowing her into dumpster...good read.

Yeah and its very interesting, I would love to see Viper face the X-Men in the movies.:woot:

Jessica Biel probably wouldn't have complained about dying her hair. So there's a plus in her favor.

It's pretty terrible that they felt the need to screw Viper over just to squeeze her into a crappy FOX film. Why couldn't they have used the REAL Viper in Captain America? I don't get it.

Instead Wolverine gets a half-baked clone. LAME.

Svetlana Knodchenkova looks fierce! :woot:

tumblr_mkc31vl8b31qdhps7o2_250.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"