The Wolverine The Svetlana Khodchenkova / Viper Thread

Whether she turns into a snake-woman or a woman-snake, the face-ripping scene is great. Anymore, the what-the-f**k scenes are what keep film vibrant, for
me.

Since her skin and hair is being shed, maybe she will end up with green hair in the end?

Other than the snake tongue and skin peeling, I think she's still pretty much the Viper from the comics. She played around a lot with poisons and toxins, and if I remember correctly did she almost kill Storm and Rogue with them at one point?

Also, didn't she rock pointed fangs with poison inside of them in the comics too at one point? That's probably where the whole Viper thing comes from - also from the Empire Magazine article it looks like she also has her [BLACKOUT]teleportation powers, which she did have in the comics, although she used a ring in the comic to teleport but no big deal really how she does.[/BLACKOUT]

That would be cool to watch, if she does have that ability in this movie!

I think she might steal the movie!

Total Film also said in their feature article that she's a [blackout]teleporter[/blackout].

This icy, eastern European evildoer boasts the nifty power of teleportation. "Viper doesn't really have many people that she truly cares about," explains Russian actress Khodchenkova. "Most of the them, she just uses for her own purpose."

Be interesting to see how she uses it.

Yeah just bringing it back up as there's two sources for that now. :yay: Could make for a cool fight scene.

Total Film also said in their feature article that she's a [blackout]teleporter[/blackout].

Be interesting to see how she uses it.

Whaaaaaaaat, seriously another
teleporter

If that is true that is totally lame.

Two magazine sources with access to the production staff and studio say yes.

It's all in the execution.

Whaaaaaaaat, seriously another
teleporter

If that is true that is totally lame.

Its not lame since she also had that ability in the comics.

And like Magnar said, if they executed it well. There wouldn't be a problem with that.

Never mind that her background and history is totally different, as long as she has the same "powers" it's cool. Because powers are what define characters in FOX's world.

How has her background been changed? As far as we know, she still has her connection to [BLACKOUT]Silver Samurai as his lover, who he hired to kill Mariko.[/BLACKOUT]

Plus, they can't use her background in H.Y.D.R.A because Marvel owns the rights to it, so what do you expect them to do?

The Empire article doesn't explicitly say that she can [BLACKOUT]teleport[/BLACKOUT], it says she has a "lethal collection of powers" without specifying what they are.

Sorry, I should have amended my original post. It was in Total Magazine, but still one source.

How has her background been changed? As far as we know, she still has her connection to [BLACKOUT]Silver Samurai as his lover, who he hired to kill Mariko.[/BLACKOUT]

Plus, they can't use her background in H.Y.D.R.A because Marvel owns the rights to it, so what do you expect them to do?

Ignore the poster w/ all his negative comments about Viper because he is trying to piss people in this thread especially me. He said that in the other thread.

bs7dmnf.jpg

Ignore the poster w/ all his negative comments about Viper because he is trying to piss people in this thread especially me. He said that in the other thread.

lol whut

I thought I was on ignore. Guess not!

Nevertheless, my dislike of Vipers treatment stems not from some "imagined antagonistic attitude", but from the disregard of the characters actual background.

However, as I've mentioned previously (if anyone could be bothered to read) I have already acknowledged that this version might perchance be based on the Wolverine-centric version and not on the Madame Hydra version that I'm most familiar with. I remain open to viewing the actual performance before handing out a final critique, rather than fully accepting a role based on a few trailer clips like some of my fellow posters.

But alas I do have a touch of ego, and if this thread would like to dwell on my thoughts even more than it already has, I surely wouldn't mind!

Last edited:
Viper, especially Sveta is the best part of the movie. Sad, but true :).
Last trailer raised my concerns about dull plot, I don't see anything interesting. Maybe only who is Viper plotline.
But Sveta is the main argument to watch this movie.

Viper, especially Sveta is the best part of the movie. Sad, but true :).
Last trailer raised my concerns about dull plot, I don't see anything interesting. Maybe only who is Viper plotline.
But Sveta is the main argument to watch this movie.

I'm with you on your entire post.

Her moments in the trailer are giving me so much hope for this movie!

I can't wait to see her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"