The Talon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick around...you never know what --or who-- may come around the ol' farmhouse...

:word:

I hope this was meant for the show and not a euphemism about getting a job - I'd love to see Martha again in S9! Maybe she can take a week-long vacation at the Kent farm and we'll get lots of scenes with her playing catch with Shelby - plus a goofy suitor named Perry who ends up at the Planet. That would be perfect :->

I guess I'll add my own mini-update. Both of my kids recently graduated: one from college and the other from high school. So, one is leaving for school, but the other one is coming back! :wow:

For those who might know or care, my health situation has been thankfully stable for a while now. 4 years, to be exact. So, while things aren't perfect, I am appreciative for every healthy day I share with my family.

Glad your doing well at the moment Rene, enjoy every bit you can.

Mrs. B8's mother was very sudden and not at all expected by any of us...so yea, she's coping. Her mom and her were really close. She tells me that she now understands what I went through when my dad passed away, since she's never lost anyone that close to her.

*Hugsies*

Glad your doing well at the moment Rene, enjoy every bit you can.

Mrs. B8's mother was very sudden and not at all expected by any of us...so yea, she's coping. Her mom and her were really close. She tells me that she now understands what I went through when my dad passed away, since she's never lost anyone that close to her.

*Hugsies*

My father died suddenly (killed in an accident) when I was a teen, so I understand how extra devastating that can be.

*hugs*

sitting here knocking back a few while watching "The Legend of Chun Li"

is it just me, or is girl thicker and sexier in that than she was in Smallville (at least the later seasons, she's unbelievable in Nicodemus from Season 1).

Of course Lois took the spotlight in Season 4, Chloe got unbelievably hot in Season 5 and 6, Lois again in Season 7 with Chloe in a not to distant runner up. Season 8, gotta give it to Lois again

but damn is Kristen fine in Street Fighter

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the movie last night and while I thought it was awesomely bad, Kristin Kreuk and Moon Bloodgood were the reasons I watched it in the first place. And yes, Kristin looked mighty fine in the movie.

I dont get the whole Allison Mack fixation that some people have? :confused: I realize the whole "different strokes for different folks" thing, but she's never really struck me as being more than just an average looking girl. If I were out at a bar, I really wouldn't think much of her. Women like Kristin and Erica on other hand, I'd almost be too intimidated to talk to.

Jesus, look at me talking about meeting women out at bars. I'm absolutely DREADING the prospect of dating again. Ugh.

is it just me, or is girl thicker and sexier in that than she was in Smallville (at least the later seasons, she's unbelievable in Nicodemus from Season 1).

Actually that scene at the swimming pool used a body double.

Actually that scene at the swimming pool used a body double.

I was just about to inform (disapoint) him by saying the same thing.

Hulk, I feel ya man, if my wife and I broke up, I don't know if I would even be up to doing the whole dating thing again. :csad:

I dont get the whole Allison Mack fixation that some people have? :confused: I realize the whole "different strokes for different folks" thing, but she's never really struck me as being more than just an average looking girl. If I were out at a bar, I really wouldn't think much of her. Women like Kristin and Erica on other hand, I'd almost be too intimidated to talk to.

well the first 4 seasons she was easily below average. But they did something to her in Season 5. Her eyes are wider/prettier, hair much more mature and better looking. Her hotness spiked 10 fold, girl is beautiful now

when Clark lost his powers in the begining of that season and they had to break into one of Lex's labs to get sirum for that electro freak and the twins who finished each other's sentences. When they were breaking in, if I was Clark, I would've jumped her then and there (especially knowing damn well she wouldn't have resisted).

but yea, she was nothing to drool over in the first 4

2bh it was the smart dressing that got me, don't know what it is but Chloe looked sexy when she was dressed up at the Planet... then Lois came in and lol

I've been reading Green Lantern lately. I finished Revenge of the Green Lanterns last week and picked up Wanted: Hal Jordan the other day. I really like what Geoff Johns has done with the character. Also, I'm a big fan of Flash Rebirth

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/08/13/warner-bros-has-lost-krypton-will-lose-superman-in-2013/

"Warner Bros Has Lost Krypton; Will Lose Superman in 2013"

SlashFilm said:
This week, Warner Bros has lost Krypton. Last year a Federal judge decided that Time Warner was no longer the sole proprietor of Superman, and that the heirs of Jerome Siegel (of Siegel and Shuster) are entitled to a share of the US copyright to the character. This week a court ruled again, giving the Siegel family a larger share of the intellectual copyright. And the race is on to get a new Superman film in flight by 2011, as WB/DC is set to lose the complete rights to the man of steel in 2013.

:(

This just in. X-Men director Bryan Singer has been tapped to do a big screen adaptation of a popular franchise. Though rather than working with the modern, critically acclaimed interpretations of the property, Singer has decided instead to go back and redo the one that came out in 1978.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/08/13/bryan-singer-battlestar-galactica-movie/

What property from 1978 isn't he going to 'reimagine'??

What's next, Stubby Pringle's Christmas?

:rolleyes:

I feel sorry for the property. He's going to ruin BSG.

What's the point of making a film in the first place? The TV show did a remarkable job of remaking that. It was edgy, engaging and has a fiercely loyal following...

Why try to do better than that?

It's nonsensical.

Singer is a very good director, he made poor choices with SR and failed, but he did a good job with the X-Men movies (among others). He can get the job done with a BSG movie, it will depend on the quality of the script and the casting.

Singer is a very good director, he made poor choices with SR and failed, but he did a good job with the X-Men movies (among others). He can get the job done with a BSG movie, it will depend on the quality of the script and the casting.

I don't think he's all that anymore.

It may surprise you, but half of his films haven't performed well: Superman Returns, Valkyrie, Apt Pupil: they either lost money outright (AP, which made only $8 mil or so) or barely pulled in more than their production budgets (SR and V).

The other half did much better:
The Usual Suspects, cost about $6 mil, pulled in about $24, this was also a huge critical success and won some awards.
X-Men, cost $75 mil, raked in $157+ mil
X2: X-Men United, cost $110 mil, made $214 mil

So, his record is a bit on the uneven side.

I don't know why he'd do a film like BSG. It's the worst kind of desperation to make a movie like that.

I read an interesting article online, thanks to twitter, but part of the major problem in Hollywood is that everyone is scared. Scared to take risks in case they fail, so they pick what they think are safe bets that don't turn out well.

The current spate of toy based films is only because Transformers worked and made money.

Despite what are probably high expectations, I don't think the Asteroids, ViewMaster and Lego properties are set for the same sort of success.

Despite the success of previous films based on TV series, I don't think BSG will follow suit. It's already been done better on SciFi.

Him taking this project now hints of desperation.

Last edited:
Hey everyone...just came in to see what's up.

Particularly because I've been recently using most of my down time to re-watch "Smallville" in its entirety for the past few weeks...just got half-way through Season 5 today and started all the way back at the Pilot about a month ago.

that's cool. I tried doing that but only got to X-Ray and then things came up and I couldn't finish the marathon.

yeah...thankfully I get entire days off during the week.

the last episode I watched was, interestingly enough, 'Reckoning.'

But the things you miss before? It's great to spot them or rediscover them. Like that 'Queen Industries' headline in the Pilot...great stuff :up:

Although getting through Season 4 (my least favorite...just for that Countess Thoreau arc) was somewhat of a chore.

Tonight @ midnight I'm going to pick up my copy of (my Pre-Order) The Collectors Edition of Batman : Arkham Asylum for X-box 360 . I'm so excited, I've been waiting for this game from since it's first announcement in Game Informer magazine last year . :batty:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"