The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR Batsuit Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cowl is one of many things I prefer to previous incarnations, and I hope it isn't changed too much.

Reposting this;

batmancostume.jpg

Love 'em both, although TDK wins because it's sleeker.

I know I've probably said this in every incarnation of this thread but...

I really hope the puzzle-piece batsuit gives way to a definitive batsuit from Nolan and company. I'd almost take one of the nipple suits back.

Yeah, that's right! I said it! :oldrazz:

I think the look of Batman's new suit will depend on the tone and themes of TDKR. Look at the previous two films...

Begins was all about fear, and Batman was supposed to instill fear in people. His physique is imposing, almost lurching forward at you. The cape drapes around him.

TDK is more of a crime thriller, so Batman's suit is much more utilitarian and SWAT-like. The film also revolves around chaos, hence the puzzle-piece suit.:woot:

So what will TDKR be? More horror? Fetishistic (I mean we do have Bane and Catwoman)? Something else entirely? Maybe Bruce will have to bulk the costume up to take on Bane, something that can take a lot of hits.

Yup I really hate the TDK suit, with it's small neck and ill frame. I wished they kept the begins suit.

See, I think the BB-cowl just looks better. I even think the neck looks better. It's not perfect, but I like it more.

It wasn't practical. I love the fact that the filmmakers addressed the physical limitations the suit had and wove it into their storyline.

Let me kiss your hand then, your Holiness.

TDK outfit would work much better in a Batman Beyond film. Or at least that's the impression I got from that Hong Kong scene.

I think the look of Batman's new suit will depend on the tone and themes of TDKR. Look at the previous two films...

Begins was all about fear, and Batman was supposed to instill fear in people. His physique is imposing, almost lurching forward at you. The cape drapes around him.

TDK is more of a crime thriller, so Batman's suit is much more utilitarian and SWAT-like. The film also revolves around chaos, hence the puzzle-piece suit.:woot:

So what will TDKR be? More horror? Fetishistic (I mean we do have Bane and Catwoman)? Something else entirely? Maybe Bruce will have to bulk the costume up to take on Bane, something that can take a lot of hits.
That's crap. Nolan wanted a more mobile suit to be able to shoot better fight scenes and help his actor act better. BB wasnt just about fear, it was also about making Batman acceptable to the general audience after B&R and that meant rationalising everything so that a man in a batsuit wouldnt look silly to them. And after all the lectures on Batman and his use of fear, theatricality and all that, Nolan forgot all about it and gave us the TDK suit, basically an armoured dude with a rag on his shoulders. Sorry but that doesnt make one Batman, whether the movie is about fear, drugs, sex, or what have you. Its as simple as that.

Nolan should have stuck to what he preached and the laws of physics and logic that BB set and given us something abiding to that. Armour-man fighting under heavy lighting is not what we got in BB. Now can we please go back to this:

bar015033654x1024.jpg

It wasn't practical. I love the fact that the filmmakers addressed the physical limitations the suit had and wove it into their storyline.
Pfft.... He could fight 4 ninjas at once and then Ras but then a few thugs made him realise that the suit is too heavy?

I imagine in TDKR he'll get beaten up by a pigeon and he'll change his suit and you guys will still eat it up. "OMGZ Nolan explains everything and everything happens for a reason!"

Last edited:
A bootleg version of Keaton's torso with Clooney's emblem, TDK-like gauntlets and some Party City Batcowl? No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"