The Wolverine The 'The Wolverine' Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Box Office Mojo has the film at $405,641,347 world wide now.

Great news.

Nice. :word: So much for the box office disappointment talk that was happening after opening weekend numbers.

Wolverine has been a super duper success.

Enough for Wolverine 3?

Surely it has to happen.

It has made over 400 million on a 120 million budget.Combined with the fact it has a hardcore fanbase,I think it should definitely happen

400 million! $UCCE$$

My b.o. prediction for this movie finally came true :D

Enough for Wolverine 3?

Of course, and worldwide, this is the most successful movie for FOX this year. I know there's the Croods, but FOX only distributed the film.

Damn, son. The chinese are really eating this one up. Good for them. If there is such a thing as "deserving to succeed", Wolverine is pretty much there.

Now, my three most anticipated future movie moments in a chronological order:

1) Wolverine unleashed blu-ray
2) Days of Future past
3) Prometheus 2 (not kidding)

The movie thoroughly deserved this... :up:

I'm cautiously optimistic for Days of Future Past.

$405 million now? Color me impressed. :up:

Enough for Wolverine 3?

Well, Wolverine Origins had a $150 million budget and made 373million, so it roughly made 2.5 times its budget back in theaters and it got a sequel despite bad reviews.

The Wolverine has made 405million and counting on a 120million budget (should end up near a 3.5 multiplier) and has good reviews.

The answer is definitely yes, it has made far more than enough to warrant a sequel. If it had made $300 million, that could have possibly warranted one.

But just bc its enough doesn't mean they will actually make a sequel. I think everything is really riding on Days of Future past. If DOFP makes 600million I think were in for more x-men movies, not necessarily a standalone Wolverine film.

Reports are saying the Wolverine Is now officially the second highest grossing film In franchise worldwide.Only The Last Stand Is bigger.

:up:

Looks like the majority of predictions on this poll ended up being correct.

But just bc its enough doesn't mean they will actually make a sequel. I think everything is really riding on Days of Future past. If DOFP makes 600million I think were in for more x-men movies, not necessarily a standalone Wolverine film.

Its FOX though and studios like FOX would like to milk the success of their successful franchises. If only the original gang is not coming back for DOFP and the FC cast is not coming back, FOX probably already greenlighted a Wolverine 3 movie by now. FOX has a couple of good options with the X-Men franchise.

Reports are saying the Wolverine Is now officially the second highest grossing film In franchise worldwide.Only The Last Stand Is bigger.

$UCCE$$!:woot:

China Box Office: 'The Wolverine' Wins Again, Hits $33 Million

The Hugh Jackman-starring comic book film pulls in another $14.5 million to beat Donnie Yen's "Special ID" for two weeks running.

Late arrival on Chinese screens appears to have done no harm to The Wolverine, with the Japan-set comic book franchise taking $14.5 million in the week to Oct. 27 for a total of $33 million in 11 days.

The movie opened in July in most other markets, which normally gives the pirates in China plenty of time to flood the market with fakes DVDs and downloads, but the appeal of going to the theater to see the Hugh Jackman-starring movie is strong in the world's second biggest market.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/china-box-office-wolverine-wins-651412

Narrows 101.Thanks for the great news.

Nice to see Wolverine make 33 million in 11 days.

I am sure Wolverine would have crossed X-2 to become the second highest grossing X-Men movie.Also,it would have crossed Pacific Rim to become the 10th highest grossing movie in 2013.

It's true piracy has hurt Wolverine's BO.It is a stupid movie to release it after so many months it released in other countries.So many torrents have decent prints of Wolverine.

P.S:Did anyone read the news about Arnold's Last Stand releasing in China now?Really?The original print of the movie has already been released on the net

The Wolverine released in China 3 months after it released in other countries.So many good prints would have come out.It is hard to deny that it wouldn't affected BO performance.People who would have wanted to see Wolverine wouldn't have waited for 3 months to see it.And it wasn't till the beginning of October it was confirmed to release in China

How can you tell?

It's made a good amount of money in China.
I am from China(maybe the only person on this forum) ,I can see many website already have its print. And a lot of people see it on internet

I want to see The Wolverine at 10th position atleast for a short while.Hope Gravity doesn't make it past 405 million next week

According to Box office mojo The wolverine stands at 405 million

132 Million Domesticly and 273 million overseas.

It needs 2 million more to match X2's worldwide box office.

It already matched/surpassed X2's worldwide box-office. Box-office-mojo hasn't counted Wolverine's 2nd weekend numbers in China.

this movie proves you can make a better movie with a lower budget and gross more!

Worldwide: $413,483,660
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"