The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be too early since the movie is still in pre-production but I'd figure just open a thread so when a upcoming news pop we could post it here and also to discuss about the movie. Well since it's dry on the news I'd figure I could start a discussion.

Now for me it's quite odd that I should say that I'm looking forward to a sequel to Origins considering that it was disappointed but the news alone of Aronofsky coming onboard to direct was enough for me to get quite frankly, stoked. He's one of the greatest modern director and the news of Chris McQuarrie is doing script I'm beginning to get optimistic, not to mention it also won't connect to Origins. Now it's still Fox behind it but hopefully they learned that they shouldn't interfere that much and let Aronofsky do his thing and we will end up getting a fantastic film.

thats too much black there.. i just want to see viper...hope its true to comics. Dark green uniform and hair (black with greenish shines, too much green will look ridiculous...)..

His hair looks okay I prefer the X2 look they should atleast try to bring back the famous jacket he's worn in most of his films

His hair looks okay I prefer the X2 look they should atleast try to bring back the famous jacket he's worn in most of his films

His X2 hair was great, in fact, I feel Wolverine as a whole (hair, attitude, wardrobe, characterization) was perfect in X2.

2d92xk6.jpg

He WAS the character from the Claremont/Miller miniseries.

I prefer his hair from X-Men but I'm digging his hair in this so far.

No I hate that jacket it's in EVERY film! Give him one like in the comics with the fuzzy insides...

His X2 hair was great, in fact, I feel Wolverine as a whole (hair, attitude, wardrobe, characterization) was perfect in X2.

2d92xk6.jpg

He WAS the character from the Claremont/Miller miniseries.

Not surprsing the best X-Men film-X2 had best look and portrayal of
wolverine.It was closest we got to beresker fury on screen.

I am more Intrested to see how wolverine Is portrazed rather than how eactly they do his hair.They do good portayl of wolverine and many will
forget crisim of the hair.

Mangold tweets:

Rob Taylor ‏@DJTHiS
@mang0ld where does your Wolverine fit into the existing Fox X-Men time line? #NerdsNeedAnswers

James Mangold ‏@mang0ld

@DJTHiS I can't answer you now nor could I answer before, but after everything is over I can answer, and that, in itself may be an answer.

Rob Taylor ‏@DJTHiS
@mang0ld *tilts head in confusion* Thanks... I think?

James Mangold ‏@mang0ld

@DJTHiS its all in there, pal.

" Can't answer now, nor could I before, but after everything is over..."

Sooooo... multiple time periods, flashbacks...is it possible the meat of the story could take place currently, after X3?? hmm

" Can't answer now, nor could I before, but after everything is over..."

Sooooo... multiple time periods, flashbacks...is it possible the meat of the story could take place currently, after X3?? hmm

I'm not happy with the notion of flashbacks (even though I'm 99% sure we're getting them).

The screenplay Aronofsky agreed to do had no flashbacks & was completely linear, like the book. It also had no other mutants in it besides Wolverine & the word "mutant" was never once mentioned.

Starting to think Mangold mangled it.

Since we haven't seen a single (official) frame of the film yet, it's a little early to jump to that conclusion.

My earlier post explains my concerns:

The screenplay Aronofsky agreed to do had no flashbacks & was completely linear, like the book. It also had no other mutants in it besides Wolverine & the word "mutant" was never once mentioned.

Based on the set construction and concept art/photos we saw last month, the movie's got some WWII flashbacks that include another mutant. Mangold's vague Twitter comments further corroborate various timelines.

And, so? Aronofsky has been gone from this project for well over a year now. You're surprised that it's not the same?

And, so? Aronofsky has been gone from this project for well over a year now. You're surprised that it's not the same?

The draft under Aronofsky was deemed brilliant by pretty much every one who came across it (Schwentke, Slade, Finke, etc).

There was really no reason for Mangold (or anyone) to tamper with it.

When Spielberg made A.I. he followed Kubrick's final draft like a bible. He made the film Stanley Kubrick would have made - because why mess with a master's vision?

kinda hope this film ends, where X-men begins. i know the film is ignoring aspects at least of XO, but it'd make sense for him to want to leave the country, and visit a land he might of enjoyed during WWII. when that doesn't work out.. he travels back "home".

kinda hope this film ends, where X-men begins. i know the film is ignoring aspects at least of XO, but it'd make sense for him to want to leave the country, and visit a land he might of enjoyed during WWII. when that doesn't work out.. he travels back "home".

I think that's one interpretation of what Mangold tweeted. That 'after everything is over' it fits into the X-Men timeline by lining up with the start of X1.

I don't really understand the concern with where this film takes place or how it lines up... or what it is/isn't ignoring.

It's a story about Wolverine in Japan... why would there be references to any of the other films?

I went to Orlando last summer for a week. But while I was there I didn't make reference to every vacation I've ever been on. :huh:

There have been reports that 75 percent of script remains from original draft.Don't forget most of characters are those you would expect.

They most likely added the WWII sequenze to open the film and show audence Wolverine's first time In Japan.

My prediction for end of film are
1:Mariko Is poisoned by Viper and Wolverine relcuently agrees to put her out of misery(adopting the tragic story from comics and igve film an emontional climax)
2:After Mariko Is buried he rebuffs Yuriko(hopefully the Logan/Mariko/Yuriko triangle Is
good)
3:Wolverine leaves Japan(which can be said he Is returning to Canada where he will
encounter Rogue In X-Men)

I really think The Wolverine could be 2013 sleeper Comic Book film hit.Many here on this message board are dismissing this film.

My suspecion for this film Is they have turned Viper Into some kind of mutant and we will see her In world War II opening sequenze.Personally I think It would be better If they keep wolverine as only mutant so the only mutant ability Is Wolverine's powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"