The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great find, narrows. Thank you! Very excited to see Jean again.

Hugh Jackman basiclly confirmed the following

1:Famke Janssen does indeed cameo In The Wolverine
2:We know X-Men;Days of future Past does Indeed follow X-Men the Last Stand(The future scenes)
3:He hinted at the mystical blade Indeed being In The Wolverine to hurt him(which gives us an Idea how Jean shows up.After being Injured by Blade It's possable wolverine hallunicates her just like how Liem Neeson appeared In DKR)

That stuff was all pretty much confirmed a while ago.

I'm hoping visions of Jean may almost be a precursor to her return as a the true Phoenix...

Didn't he lose his head briefly in the Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk series, when he was being questioned by Nick Fury?

I don't remember, because there were such long gaps in that series that I stopped reading it in the middle. But as Sabetoonth says, he did.

Though personally, I've always liked it when they display Wolverine's healing power more the way it was in teh 70's and 80's, where he could heal very fast, but if he got shot too much, he could die. No healing back from a skeleton or things like that. The X-films have pretty much kept that level of healing for Wolverine, which I liked. I liked seeing that a bullet point blank to the head knocked him out for a minute.

Also, so how much do we think this film might connect to DOFP? Especailly now that Hugh has confirmed he'll be in it.

My thinking on how The Wolverine ties to other X-Men Films

1:Those set picks of Wolverine bearded and what appeared to be set In Canada show
Wolverine after Jean's death and him thinking Xavier Is gone he leaves The mansion for
Isolation In canada and that Is where the film begins after WWII prologue
2:Wolverine has hallunication of Jean recovering from attack by Blade
3:The film ends with Wolverine deciding to return to Mansion and may see Wolverine returning to mansion In Last scene.

Though personally, I've always liked it when they display Wolverine's healing power more the way it was in teh 70's and 80's, where he could heal very fast, but if he got shot too much, he could die. No healing back from a skeleton or things like that. The X-films have pretty much kept that level of healing for Wolverine, which I liked. I liked seeing that a bullet point blank to the head knocked him out for a minute.

I don't like weak-healing Wolvie
I'm not saying his skeleton should walk around without skin and muscles
But I definitely love seeing him take bullets while fighting a bunch of ninjas and not breakin a sweat about it.
And for the record, I absolutely hate that Hulk is a better healer than Logan.
Like, really? that mofo ain't powerful enough as it is?? Had to give him that power too??
I know it's nothing new, but it seems like everybody in the MU heals faster than logan these days...

Also, so how much do we think this film might connect to DOFP? Especailly now that Hugh has confirmed he'll be in it.

Im guessing end credit to be continued type thing, or hints leading us to believe Sentinels will be on the rise. Millar said its def connected.

But I definitely love seeing him take bullets while fighting a bunch of ninjas and not breakin a sweat about it.
Like, really? that mofo ain't powerful enough as it is?? Had to give him that power too??
I know it's nothing new, but it seems like everybody in the MU heals faster than logan these days...

I don't mind Logan being able to take on a group of Ninjas and keep going. My favorite Wolverine story ever is the one that this film is largely based on; the Claremont/Millar three issue mini where Logan fights Shingin. In that, he's able to take on an entire Hand clan and defeat them.

However, at the same time, Lord Shingin beats him nearly to death with a wooden sword. Which is one of my favorite moments ever.

I like Wolverine to be a superhero, but not one that's unkillable. It removes any sense of danger. When he's depicted as being able to heal back from practically nothing, I think it really damages the character. It's the same reason I really wasn't a fan of Superman, because for so much of the character's history he's at ridiculous power levels. It get's boring.

I guess I agree
And I suppose that's why I was never a fan of the Hulk (outside of the Avengers movie)
He always wins no matter who he's fighting, cuz he can either heal the damage, or he gets so mad he gets stronger than the other person

I suppose it mainly just ticks me off that the healing is one of Wolvie's signature things, but Hulk and Deadpool and any number of others are better at it than he is.

He's "the best there is".... at enduring extreme pain and walking around while beaten to a bloody pulp, I guess...

Isn't that Ultimate Hulk though?

Nah, pretty sure it's regular hulk too, maybe it's changed, I dunno..

Man with all these trailers popping up I am really wishing fox could release the trailer for this

lol. The same Logan who was a talking head in UWVH? The same guy who was reduced to a walking skeleton and still healed himself in minutes?

If anything his healing has gotten to the point of ridiculousness nowadays.

I said "these days"
clearly you haven't been reading Wolvie stories in the past few years
Even Marvel saw his skeleton walking around and thought it was ridiculous, he can no longer heal that well.

but the main thrust of my argument was moreso in tv and film portrayals, with hulk being a farrr better healer than logan, despite not really needing that extra power boost

Last edited:
It won't be competing with Thor or Iron Man will it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"