The Tobey Maguire/Peter Parker Thread

I am quite certain that I have NEVER seen that one before!

It's from Spider-Man 2

So is this badass shot of the city of New York

spider-man-2-promo_003.jpg

Spider-Man star Tobey Maguire, 33, and his wife, Jennifer Meyer, 31, are expecting their second child, rep Kelly Bush confirms exclusively to In Touch. The couple, already the proud parents of Ruby, 2, will welcome their new bundle of joy in spring 2009. According to a friend of the couple, who wed in Hawaii in September 2007, "They are ecstatic."

Yeah, I watched Tropic Thunder last night. Maguire looked alot better than he did in SM3.

That was the point of the joke. It'll probably never happen, though.

I wonder how this will effect his contract for Spiderman 4 and 5, didnt he have like, daughter time, made into the contract or something?

Spider-Man star Tobey Maguire, 33, and his wife, Jennifer Meyer, 31, are expecting their second child, rep Kelly Bush confirms exclusively to In Touch. The couple, already the proud parents of Ruby, 2, will welcome their new bundle of joy in spring 2009. According to a friend of the couple, who wed in Hawaii in September 2007, "They are ecstatic."
wow that's great news.
I hope to have one too, someday.

Yeah, I watched Tropic Thunder last night. Maguire looked alot better than he did in SM3.
I certainly didn't know that.

Can't believe Tobey might come back for SM4. Bad news.

Seriously. I loved the guy in SM1 and 2. SM3 was not his fault, he did what he could with the awful script, but it's time to move on. We have a successful Spider-man trilogy in the can, but neither Maguire or Dunst seem to have much interest in returning other than for the money.

Plus, Tobey is a husband with a child and another on the way, a 33-year-old who will be playing a college student or someone fresh out of college. He's also not in good shape anymore. I was hoping to see a new director come in with a fresh take and a fresh cast. :down:

Seriously. I loved the guy in SM1 and 2. SM3 was not his fault, he did what he could with the awful script, but it's time to move on. We have a successful Spider-man trilogy in the can, but neither Maguire or Dunst seem to have much interest in returning other than for the money.

Plus, Tobey is a husband with a child and another on the way, a 33-year-old who will be playing a college student or someone fresh out of college. He's also not in good shape anymore. I was hoping to see a new director come in with a fresh take and a fresh cast. :down:
What if a completely new cast wouldn't work? As I've said, I feel better with the cast and crew we have now.

What if a completely new cast wouldn't work? As I've said, I feel better with the cast and crew we have now.

"What if" is a dumb question. "What if" a new cast doesnt work? "What if" the old cast doesn't work?

Also, the cast and crew didn't exactly work too well on SM3.

An opinion shared by many, many people.

It's kinda divided. I'm all for Maguire coming back. But he did look alot better in tropic Thunder than he did in SM3. He did look kind of pudgy in that. :o

By waiting four years I think everybody can kinda start over now. They have enough time to do everything and aren't pressured like they were with the first three. I think Raimi had more time to come up with a story and a great script. I think SM4 is possible to be on the level as the first two films again now that the process os longer.

^you've been around here long enough, you should know by now, ever thread on the hype, becomes a reboot topic, eventually lol

It doesn't have to become a reboot thread, but it's valid to talk about Maguire returning for another installment in the Tobey Maguire thread. We don't have to just post baby news about him and his wife and old pictures...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"