The "Ultimate DC" RPG

guitarsingerguy said:
"I guess you can say I'm a man who's simply waiting for something, but you can call me Ion."

"Okay, Ion. Atom and Ion, We make a hell of a team."

I hear a rumble off in the distance and look up and Ion.

"Let's roll."

byrd_man said:
"Okay, Ion. Atom and Ion, We make a hell of a team."

I hear a rumble off in the distance and look up and Ion.

"Let's roll."

"Wait. This doesn't make any sense. I just stopped the plates. There's no way in hell they could still be moving. Something's not right."

guitarsingerguy said:
"Wait. This doesn't make any sense. I just stopped the plates. There's no way in hell they could still be moving. Something's not right."

"I know, That isn't an Earthquake otherwise we'd feel it."

The rumbling get's lounder until I see something massive turn the corner of the street.

untitledfn0.png

[blackout]"Solomon Grundy, Born on a Monday."[/BLACKOUT]

byrd_man said:
"I know, That isn't an Earthquake otherwise we'd feel it."

The rumbling get's lounder until I see something massive turn the corner of the street.

untitledfn0.png

[blackout]"Solomon Grundy, Born on a Monday."[/BLACKOUT]

"Now that's a big, dumb looking son of a *****."

guitarsingerguy said:
"Now that's a big, dumb looking son of a *****."

"You said it."

I activate the helmet to commense the rountine scans of this Grundy guy's body.

"Hmm, That's strange. From what I'm reading of his vitals. That man is dead."

byrd_man said:
"You said it."

I activate the helmet to commense the rountine scans of this Grundy guy's body.

"Hmm, That's strange. From what I'm reading of his vitals. That man is dead."

"Your readings are correct. He has no life energy. It's why I didn't feel him in the first place. Come, let us pay our respects to the dead."

In a flash of green energy Ion speeds towards the dead giant.

guitarsingerguy said:
"Your readings are correct. He has no life energy. It's why I didn't feel him in the first place. Come, let us pay our respects to the dead."

In a flash of green energy Ion speeds towards the dead giant.

I speed off next to Ion and turn my head to him as we get close to Grundy.

"How do you wanna play this? Try to reason with him? Or just go in, ring and suit blazing?"

“[FONT=&quot]Then Zeke just finds me under my desk shivering and weeping like a little girl.[/FONT]”
“I see……” That is my new psychiatrist Dr Fitch, who Zeke recommended since he is his brother-in-law.
“[FONT=&quot]Then I told him about the girl who was going to get raped.[/FONT]”
“What did he say Rex?”
“[FONT=&quot]This what he said and I quote[/FONT] “I just passed though the alley way and there was no sign of any people there, just you sanding in the shadows. Why do you think I knew you were up here?””
“hmmm…”He starts writing in his notepad. ”How did that make you feel?”
“[FONT=&quot]It made me feel[/FONT]” There a pause in the room “[FONT=&quot]CRAZY. It made me feel crazy.[/FONT]”
“Ah.” He begins to write in his notepad again. “Well you did say that you haven’t been sleeping well, do you think this might had an affect?”
“[FONT=&quot]I don’t know! You’re the professional you tell me![/FONT]”
“heh. Well I think you been way to obsessive with this “Miraclo” which leads to your sleeping disorder and well your hallucination.”
“And might I add that what your doing with “Miraclo” is quite dangerous. Why would you do this to your body and….your mind?”
“[FONT=&quot]Well doctor, I’m the only human subject I could trust.[/FONT]”
The egg timer in his desk starts ringing.
“Well that’s all the time we have for today Rex.”
I shake his hand
“[FONT=&quot]I’ll see you next week doc.[/FONT]”
“Oh and Rex one more thing, Next week’s topic of conversation is going to be about your parents.”

[FONT=&quot]****[/FONT]

byrd_man said:
I speed off next to Ion and turn my head to him as we get close to Grundy.

"How do you wanna play this? Try to reason with him? Or just go in, ring and suit blazing?"

"If you know how to reason with the dead, then by all means, feel free, but think about it. If you were dead, would you want to chit chat? I sure as hell wouldn't."

guitarsingerguy said:
"If you know how to reason with the dead, then by all means, feel free, but think about it. If you were dead, would you want to chit chat? I sure as hell wouldn't."

"You've got a point."

Two balls of atomic energy form on my palms and I throw them at Grundy, they explode in his face and cause him to fall back into the ground, creating a crater on his way down.

byrd_man said:
"You've got a point."

Two balls of atomic energy form on my palms and I throw them at Grundy, they explode in his face and cause him to fall back into the ground, creating a crater on his way down.

Ion plummets to the ground before stopping himself in a blast of green energy. When the smoke clears, Ion is riding a green horse and he is wearing a Spartan's armor. He has a gigantic spears in his right hand, and he is riding the horse at full speed. The spear launches from Ion's hand and lands directly into the crater that Grundy had been buried in. The armor immediately disappears and Ion joins Captain Atom in the sky.

"You've got your tricks. I've got mine."

IC: Dr. Pieter Cross

It's a wonder how all I have to do is show the cane and dark glasses and I'm off the hook. And I don't even get a raised eye brow when I get into my car and drive away. I had the car equipped with ultraviolet headlights. Not that I can't see at night, just so I don't get pulled over for driving with my head lights off.

I haven't needed headlights, or any lights for that matter for a long time now. Not since the surgery. I was really a different person then. Different life, different name. I'll always call myself Charles McNider, but that's not an option anymore. Too many bad people are lookin' for Charlie. Now when they try and google him, they'll just get pictures of my pet owl.

The surgery changed so many things in my life. Before that, I wasn't exactly a saint. When I didn't get my medical liscence, I was so desperate to make money I did some pretty unethical things. I found myself doing surgery for mobsters. Bullet wounds, stabs, cardiac. Let's just say Falcone could pay the bills.

Then I got in even deeper. I started working for chumps like Scarecrow and Freeze. I was making money but not in the right way. Then I heard about a surgery. A new radiation treatment that was supposed to sure blindness. The FDA hadn't aproved it but it sound promising. I went to some guy named Sivana and had it done anyway.

The procedure didn't curew my blindness. Only altered it. I could suddenly see in complete darkness. Suddenly I could see the evil around me. I could see the scum I was preforming surgery on. I could see the evil I was putting out on the streets. When 'crow came a callin' one night and I refused to help him, he gave me a facefull of that gas of his. All I could see for a while was the darkest shade of black I could ever imagine.

After that I went underground. I started calling myself Pieter Cross, after my mom's brother. Through my contacts in the black market, I was able to craft a new identity. They even forged me up a med lisence. And now my colleagues are being killed, I can only see in the dark, and an owl named Charlie is stalking me.

guitarsingerguy said:
Ion plummets to the ground before stopping himself in a blast of green energy. When the smoke clears, Ion is riding a green horse and he is wearing a Spartan's armor. He has a gigantic spears in his right hand, and he is riding the horse at full speed. The spear launches from Ion's hand and lands directly into the crater that Grundy had been buried in. The armor immediately disappears and Ion joins Captain Atom in the sky.

"You've got your tricks. I've got mine."

"Nice."

I see Grundy start to get up out of the crater.

[BLACKOUT]Solomon Grundy, Born on a Monday[/BLACKOUT]

byrd_man said:
"Nice."

I see Grundy start to get up out of the crater.

[BLACKOUT]Solomon Grundy, Born on a Monday[/BLACKOUT]

"Um.....is he getting up? He is. What does this guy want?!?!"

guitarsingerguy said:
"Um.....is he getting up? He is. What does this guy want?!?!"

"From the looks of it, He's a zombie."

I turn to Ion and make a big ball of atomic energy between my hands.

"You ever seen any of those Zombie movies? Go for the head."

I fly to the ground to meet Grundy.

byrd_man said:
"From the looks of it, He's a zombie."

I turn to Ion and make a big ball of atomic energy between my hands.

"You ever seen any of those Zombie movies? Go for the head."

I fly to the ground to meet Grundy.

Ion surrounds Captain Atom in a green field. Atom's atomic energy multiplies ten fold. Ion reaches out telepathically.

Don't let the extra power scare you. Just knock his ****ing head off.

guitarsingerguy said:
Ion surrounds Captain Atom in a green field. Atom's atomic energy multiplies ten fold. Ion reaches out telepathically.

Don't let the extra power scare you. Just knock his ****ing head off.

"Will do."

The force at which I hit Grundy knocks him about ten blocks in the air and knocks me back into the ground.

"Wow, What a rush."

byrd_man said:
"Will do."

The force at which I hit Grundy knocks him about ten blocks in the air and knocks me back into the ground.

"Wow, What a rush."

"Yeah, well I'd kill for one of those suits you're wearing myself. Let's go see if "Night of the Living Dead" is finished or not."

Master Bruce said:
IC: Batman

Then I'm back to square one. The killer is using random cards to leave at his crimes, so they're of little importance besides the general symbolism. The question now is what that symbolism is. Both of the card's were a Joker. Something about that is obviously mentally stemmed, otherwise he wouldn't have gone to the trouble. Unless he used them from the same deck. What I need to do is get Gordon to seize the other card for me.

Wait. Sol's? She found this at the murder scene of Chuckie Sol? If that's the case... The killer could be the same person that killed Sol with the toxin. He stretched Sol's face into a smile. A smile...

Smiles. They're associated with the Joker playing card character. I'm dealing with someone whose taken the motif a bit too literally. Which means I've found the key component of his or her's insanity. Much like mine and Bats, Crane's with a Scarecrow, Fries' with zero below temperatures. With my luck, the killer will have an elaborate costume to go along with it...

But the pattern doesn't fit. Why kill Sol, then butcher two unrelated medical physicians? Unless there's something I'm overlooking, there is no pattern. Which means...

"The murderer doesn't have a pattern.", I finally say. "If the same person who butchered the doctors is the one that got to Sol aswell, then he's nothing more than a sadist. The killings are randomised. Which means anyone in Gotham could be next."

A new form of insanity that I've never faced. Dear god, Gotham is is more danger than I ever could've realised.

"That makes it a pattern in my book. He's not going after any one particular, and he's not making a pattern of it at all. Which means....he'll probably hit a 'random' type target. Except...."

I tap my finger absently to my lower lip.

He's been escalating. Sol, in the privacy of his own home, the Hospital, more specifically an operating room which was a semi-private place. Would the next place be more public than before?

The same goes for the body count.
One, then two, would the next time be more? It fit a 'type' of pattern, just how much he would leap to killing next was anyones guess, but if he was being more public with it, then it would be natural that there would be more deaths.

I look at him from my absently studying the ceiling.

"It would all escalate more, deaths and a more public place. Got any parties planned?"

He gained consciousness after an hour or so, his brain needing time to recuperate from the shock of what had happened. He stood and glanced calmly around the room, his eyes settling on the rotted corpse of the park ranger. Not wanting to leave any evidence of its being here, he reached out towards it with his right hand. The hand began to glow with an aura of blue light, and then a beam of intense energy burst forth, incinerating the dead body.

"Sensory perceptions nominal, energy manipulation nominal. Programming merger...complete."

The cancer-ridden Milton Fine had had his dreams invaded by a being from another world, a sentient piece of alien technology which sent him visions of a better world. The technological being Vril Dox had spent decades in solitude, following the destruction of Krypton, floating aimlessly until it found a compatible life-form. Once the one had found the other, it was only a matter of time before the merger would take place.

Now, where there were once two minds, there was only one.

He distinctly remembered graduating from M.I.T. as one of the top students in his class. He remembered the decision of the Computer Tyrants to begin upgrading the population of Colu, forcing them into the process. He remembered the revolutionary breakthroughs in nanomachine development that he and his team in Metropolis had achieved. He remembered the revolution of the Coluans against the Computer Tyrants, ending in the extermination of all life on the planet. He remembered the endless hours staring at the ceiling, wondering where he had gone wrong when LexCorp bought out his company. He remembered the endless eons sitting in silence on a dead world, until a Kryptonian probe passed by.

He now posessed the logic and calculatory skills of a machine, with the intricacies and complexities of human thought. The swarm of nanites that coursed through his body cured his cancer, increased his reflexes a thousandfold, and generated an energy field to be manipulated at his will. The previously-untapped psionic abilities of the human mind allowed him to interact with others telepathically, and gave him telekinetic powers of immense proportion. He was far from complete, but he was already much more than the sum of his parts.

Milton Fine was no more. Vril Dox was no more. He was now.....now....he had no name to call himself.

The telephone rang. Tapping into the behavioral patterns that once existed in Fine, he answered it.

"Hello?

"Hi there, Milton! It's me, Carol Schmidt, from down the road. Listen, my little Bobby's having a birthday next Friday, and I was wondering if you were still doing those magic tricks of yours?"

He accessed Fine's memory banks, looking for a corresponding answer. While his research team was still successful, Milton Fine would use some of his earlier inventions to work illusions and parlor tricks, as a hobby to entertain the neighborhood children. He now found this illogical and unnecessary.

"I'm sorry, no. I've just been too busy to do that sort of thing anymore."

"Awww, well that's too bad. I was really hoping we'd get to see 'the Amazing Brainiac' another year," the woman said.

"Yes, well, I'm afraid I won't be able to do that this year. Give my regards to Bobby. Goodbye."

He hung up the phone, and found himself considering the name she had mentioned. It was quite apropos, considering that nearly all of his newfound abilities stemmed from the brain. Indeed, the name 'Vril Dox' when translated from Coluan, meant 'The Eternal Brain.' If he had no name for his new self, then this would be most fitting.

"Once I have concluded my meeting with the human Lex Luthor, I will begin the first stages of upgrading this world. The humans will know me by name, and will praise me as the new Master Programmer. For now, they will know me only as....Brainiac."

guitarsingerguy said:
"Yeah, well I'd kill for one of those suits you're wearing myself. Let's go see if "Night of the Living Dead" is finished or not."

"Okay, Let's check it out."

By the time we reach Grundy's passed out body. A swarm of Goverment agents are checking him out and preparing to lift him on a stretcher.

"What's going on here?"

"Nothing we can't handle."

"Say's who?"

"Cameron Chase, D.E.O."

"Well, Captain Nathaniel Adams, USAF."

She gives me a weak smile and turns her back on me.

"I know who you are Captain. Let's just say this is above your clearance..Oh and I know Wade is listening in right now, High Wade."

"She's right, Nate. Stand down, this $hit is way above your head."

A helicopter flys low and it picks up Grundy's body. Chase looks back at me one last time before she get's into her black Lincoln town car.

"See you around, Captain."

byrd_man said:
"Okay, Let's check it out."

By the time we reach Grundy's passed out body. A swarm of Goverment agents are checking him out and preparing to lift him on a stretcher.

"What's going on here?"

"Nothing we can't handle."

"Say's who?"

"Cameron Chase, D.E.O."

"Well, Captain Nathaniel Adams, USAF."

She gives me a weak smile and turns her back on me.

"I know who you are Captain. Let's just say this is above your clearance..Oh and I know Wade is listening in right now, High Wade."

"She's right, Nate. Stand down, this $hit is way above your head."

A helicopter flys low and it picks up Grundy's body. Chase looks back at me one last time before she get's into her black Lincoln town car.

"See you around, Captain."

"What the hell is going on? Where are they going? Should we stop them?"

guitarsingerguy said:
"What the hell is going on? Where are they going? Should we stop them?"

"No it's okay, their with the US Goverment and by association, with me."

I start to lift up in the air and look down at Ion.

"Well, Ion was it? It was good to work with you. If we ever meet again, You can call me Nate."

byrd_man said:
"No it's okay, their with the US Goverment and by association, with me."

I start to lift up in the air and look down at Ion.

"Well, Ion was it? It was good to work with you. If we ever meet again, You can call me Nate."

"Kyle here Nate. If you need some help, be sure and let me know. I'm basically lost right now. I'm waiting for something, and I'm not sure what it is. I'm locked on to your energy source. If you need my help, just think it."

Ion shoots up into the atmosphere, and disappears in the stars.

guitarsingerguy said:
"Kyle here Nate. If you need some help, be sure and let me know. I'm basically lost right now. I'm waiting for something, and I'm not sure what it is. I'm locked on to your energy source. If you need my help, just think it."

Ion shoots up into the atmosphere, and disappears in the stars.

"Wow, What the hell just happened."

"I don't know, but whoever this guy is. We need him on Project: Justice."

"Project what?"

"Head back to the desert, Nate. We need to talk."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back