The unAUTHENTIC DC Boards Lounge version 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear George Lucas,

Maybe you don't have to script and direct this next trilogy all by yourself. Please?

Sincerely,
Everybody

Aren't the prequels and sequels pretty much payed fan fiction? I mean correct me if i'm wrong but the prequel books came before the movies, but we're they any similiar? Sorry total noob on this case lol.

Dear George Lucas,

Maybe you don't have to script and direct this next trilogy all by yourself. Please?

Sincerely,
Everybody

He's almost as bad as Rowling when it comes to letting fans write stuff but I can understand the selfishness. That's their baby.

Rowling hasn't murdered her baby, yet though...... Has she?

I didn't know there were any non-extended universe books that continued the story

*checks*
Huh, I thought there was. :csad:

But he said he didn't plan any after ROTJ, so I don't feel the need for anymore. Especially given the last three made :o

I liked Episodes 2 and 3. They def don't deserve the hate the internet lays on them :(

I still maintain that Episode III was the worst of them all.

I disliked Episodes 2 and 3. I don't take orders from the internet on what I do and don't like either :csad:

Aren't the prequels and sequels pretty much payed fan fiction? I mean correct me if i'm wrong but the prequel books came before the movies, but we're they any similiar? Sorry total noob on this case lol.

I never read the prequel books, but Coruscant came from one of Zahn's books which was a sequel. Lucas has artistic control over pretty much anything related to Star Wars and I know LucasFilm Licensing keeps the continuity in order. Pretty neat and tidy.

I think... Star Trek novels are pretty much paid fan fiction. I mean, Shatner had a series of Star Trek novels published.

I never really enjoyed Star Wars other than the 77 movie and the final Darth Maul scene in Episode 1.

I like them all to an extent. :(

I thought Episode I was the best of the prequels. Jar Jar's annoyingness is way over-played and runs secondary to the plot. In II and III, the bad stuff comes from the plot itself, not the details.

I need to rewatch the old trilogy. I believe I've only seen those movies one time, which is a damn shame.

That is a shame. I grew up watching them.

I get my geekiness from my mom. :( She may or may not have a lightsaber in the laundry room cabinet.

I disliked Episodes 2 and 3. I don't take orders from the internet on what I do and don't like either :csad:

I never read the prequel books, but Coruscant came from one of Zahn's books which was a sequel. Lucas has artistic control over pretty much anything related to Star Wars and I know LucasFilm Licensing keeps the continuity in order. Pretty neat and tidy.

I think... Star Trek novels are pretty much paid fan fiction. I mean, Shatner had a series of Star Trek novels published.
Star Wars is the only fictional universe I know of that his its own official historian, Ben Yee. Used to be a major fan, then he got hired to officially coordinate all of the continuity.

Star Wars is the only fictional universe I know of that his its own official historian, Ben Yee. Used to be a major fan, then he got hired to officially coordinate all of the continuity.

R... Really?

Not really. Like I said, I'm not a star wars fanboy.

The Truce at Bakura is one of the first, if not the first EU novel....it picks up like 6 hours later.....Vaders body is still smoking on the pyre.

thats...sad.

So...the powers that be at Lucasfilm organise an in house 'historian' to compile a timeline of events and character history, so that there is a cohesive continuity for the fans...

...yet there is plenty of folk complaining everyday on these boards about continuities getting ditched and messed up in comics all the time by the comic book companies and editors...

and you think the Star Wars method is ...sad....and a bad idea....

Do you realise where you are posting and what you are talking about half the time? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"