The unESCABLE DC Boards Lounge 9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry but everytime I see the talking goat I lose my ****, it's actually hilarious.

It's a great Raimi horror film, I wouldn't say it's so bad that it's hilarious. It's meant to be hilarious.

Last edited:
Everybody, this weekend when you are at your shops picking up free comics, go ahead and grab Earth-2 #1 as well. It's a fantastic book.

Did all that crap about them being all dark and s**t turn out to be a fake out?

Worlds Finest is really fab as well Power Girl and Huntress are written really well I thought and its a fun comic book :)

What?! No! At long last, our friendship bonded by the struggle against The Man has been brought to an end by kung-fu treachery!

He's a mean mutha ****er and he's super bad! :awesome:

Anubis said:
Did all that crap about them being all dark and s**t turn out to be a fake out?

Let's hope so 'Nubsy

WompuM said:
Cap is great based solely on the fact of how admirable Bucky and Steve are.

:up:

I'm not saying anyone who hates Cap is a nazi

But they probably are :o

Darthphere said:
Essentially, it's what Superman should be. Don't try to make him dark and give him emotional issues. He's just a really good guy. I love Cap because I was so afraid they would make him more like Ultimate Cap to appease a modern audience but he's classic Cap. Thankfully, the audience loved him too.

This post is full of truth :up:

I just found out in the thread I made to discuss banned users that thebumwhowalks has been banned. I wonder what he did this time... he had a habit of getting under people's skin.
Everyone and their mommas saw that ban coming :o
Seeing Hayden Christensen getting lit on fire made it a five star film for me :o
He burned like the wooden actor he is :woot:

I like how Yoda just gave up in episode 3 like "screw this I'm out here suckers", "I heard theirs a dank swamp with my name on it".

The way Ewen Mcgreggor was all sad panda about the younglings made me laugh.
I'm thinking of getting utterly drunk off my ass and watching a so-bad-it's-hilarious movie this weekend. Any film suggestions?
Watch Frequenly Asked Questions About Time Travel.

Its not a so bad its good movie its just a good underrated movie.

It's Doctor Who meets Shaun of the Dead starring Chris O'Dowd from the I.T Crowd/Bridesmaides and Anna Faris.

Its

Everybody, this weekend when you are at your shops picking up free comics, go ahead and grab Earth-2 #1 as well. It's a fantastic book.

I'll try. Nicola Scott's coming down to my LCS so that means the title is probably sold out.

It was pretty awesome, not gonna lie.

untitled-1nhxpe.gif

I thought it was s**t. You people owe me 4 bucks! :argh:

Essentially, it's what Superman should be. Don't try to make him dark and give him emotional issues. He's just a really good guy. I love Cap because I was so afraid they would make him more like Ultimate Cap to appease a modern audience but he's classic Cap. Thankfully, the audience loved him too.
I was scared of that too. Then we got that trailer where scrawny Steve dives on top of that grenade without a moment's hesitation and I was like, "F*** yeah, they might've actually nailed the character." And then I saw the movie, which confirmed they had indeed nailed him.

Also, Stanley Tucci.

I agree, Superman needs to follow how they did with Captain America. It's got innocence to it rather than making it gritty and dark.

I still have no idea how they're even approaching Superman in Man of Steel and it's like almost done filming. Weird.

I trust Zach to at least make it action packed. That's all I ask for for this new Superman film and hopefully it's not as gritty and dark that I think it might be.

I still have no idea how they're even approaching Superman in Man of Steel and it's like almost done filming. Weird.

It's been done filming for a couple months because Snyder was working on a schedule from when the movie was set to be released in December. But they bumped it back to June to give more room to The Hobbit. So it'll be done for a while before we get it.

The movie has emotional aspects, but it won't be dark and gritty.

Watching Thor right now and then I'mma watch Captain America

I'm in a marvel mood tonight

I was scared of that too. Then we got that trailer where scrawny Steve dives on top of that grenade without a moment's hesitation and I was like, "F*** yeah, they might've actually nailed the character." And then I saw the movie, which confirmed they had indeed nailed him.

Also, Stanley Tucci.

I just wanted to hug Steve :atp:

sandwraith said:
I'll try. Nicola Scott's coming down to my LCS so that means the title is probably sold out.

:wow:

You're getting to meet Nicola Scott?

You're so lucky :up:

It's been done filming for a couple months because Snyder was working on a schedule from when the movie was set to be released in December. But they bumped it back to June to give more room to The Hobbit. So it'll be done for a while before we get it.

The movie has emotional aspects, but it won't be dark and gritty.
Hopefully not. Dark and gritty is about the worst possible way to approach Superman, unless you're pulling a Kingdom Come and presenting him as the counterpoint to it.

Yep dark and gritty doesn't suit Superman at all. He needs to be an optimistic heroic character. Making him all depressing and grim just ruins the character really

I dont' think its Dark and gritty as Nolan himself said that would be the wrong approach as Batman and Superman are different characters.

It sounds like Man Of Steel is going to be more like Batman Begins in terms of a journey origin type movie for Superman.

From everything Cavill has been saying it sounds like he atleast really understands the character.

I love that they are taking the alien look, it at least they are trying something new rather than trying to be another homage to Donner's Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"