The User Review Thread [SPOILERS IN ABUNDANCE!]

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by Loathus, Jun 30, 2007.

?

Rate the film one-to-ten.

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. StylishHokie21 Registered

After viewing this movie a second time, I can honestly say it wasn't very good. Shia LaBeouf annoyed me throughout the entire movie. Michael Bay could have done a much better job with this. I wanted to see Transformers...not a teen comedy.

2. Sugarculted Registered

Thank you, thank you. I've urged people to make a repeat viewing of the film, and their opinions have always changed. Damn you, Bay :cmad:

3. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

^I have watched the movie about 12 times and i still love it.

4. S.A.A.D. Registered

I give the Transformers movie an 9/10!!!
    It was so good and a hardcore escapist,yet fun and smart movie IMO. I went to see it at work the second time when it came out. That was the first time I ever watched the same movie twice at a theater.

The pros:
    -Most of the comedy was good
    -There was almost enough action
    -The voices for the Transformers were good
    -The cinematography was good
    -The story didn't sound dumb
    -The story was coherent
    -The score was good
    -The movie felt epic
    -Nostalgic factors
    -The Transformers got to talk (at first Hasbro didn't want them to talk)
    -The Transformers as characters were pretty likable
    -The Transformations were cool
    -Likable human characters (Sam,Sam's parents,Mikaela,etc.)
    -Respects source material

The cons:
    -There wasn't enough dialog for the Transformers
    -The storyline could have been better
    -Humans killing Transformers
    -There was too much screen time for the human characters
    -Lacked lots of superior dialog

I hope Bay continues to use as much practical stuff as he can so there can be even more money to get the Transformers more screentime in Transformers 2. I didn't care about plot holes really. The movie may have bland personality traits,but so what? It's identifiable in lots of movies. It's impossible to make a flawless movie in general since not everyone shares all the same opinions. As for realism/plausibility? I say oh well to that somewhat this isn't a movie based on real life events and the goal IMO didn't seem to be to for the movie to be completely plausible/realistic. Why complain about all stuff like that if you're one who isn't a know it all about a bunch of stuff??

#1854 S.A.A.D., Apr 22, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  5. brimstone_halo Registered

My Arguments exactly.
    plots for almost every G1 episode= Decepticons searching for power, Autobots stopping them.
    plot for the movie= Decepticons searching for power, Autobots stopping them.
    People looking for anything else, should watch another movie.

I really hate it when people complain about how the transformers look. Its like every one forgot Optimus Prime was once a gorilla. I'll take a thousand fish lipped red flamed OP's before I'd watch something with Monkey Prime.

6. S.A.A.D. Registered

Yeah,I didn't give a damn that Prime got flames or that BB wasn't a Camero. In this day and age,it would have been lame if BB's alt mode was a VW bug. Unlike lots of Transformers fans,I am sick of seeing the exact same G1 Transformers designs over and over. So I really applaued Bay for allowing really kick ass looking Transformers designs in the movie,however one design that bugs me is Starscream,he would looked better if he didn't have chicken legs IMO. I thought Frenzy was cool,but think he wasn't designed good,he didn't look Transformer like enough in robot mode.

#1856 S.A.A.D., Apr 23, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  7. brimstone_halo Registered

I agree about frenzy and I did't like Starscream much at first either. Starscream did grow on me however. I think it makes it somewhat realistic because he is a flying transformer and he has bird like qualities. He kept perching on things like a bird of prey and he used his chicken feet to grab ledges, like when he flipped up onto that bridge at the dam or when he was perched up high in the back ground during the megs and op fight. If you look close at him, you can really tell in a pic of him in one of the art threads, he has a beak(sp). I just started thinking of him as a big bird of prey type alien and that explains him turing into something that can fly that has bird feet

8. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

We may not agree about Ang Lee's Hulk, but God do we agree about TF, i agree with all of this 100%, though i dont believe there are as many plot-holes as people make out.

One reason i cant wait for the sequel is we have been promised more TF speaking scene's.

You know, thats an excellent observation on this version of Starscream and is something i have never though of before, but you are right, often when you see him in the movie, he is perched on something like a bird of prey, you are 100% right.

I'll have to look these things more closely when i re-watch the movie again.

9. S.A.A.D. Registered

The fact that you totally agree with me on what I said about the Transformers movie is a very pleasant surprise! :woot:
    At last we strongly agree on something.

10. Sugarculted Registered

Humans only live once. Why spend your time watching a Bay film 12 times?

11. S.A.A.D. Registered

^The answer is simple,it's because the movie was about huge alien robots fighting and destroying things that could turn into vehicles and other things! :woot:

12. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Yeah, i agree with you totally on your thoughts on TF, to quote Sam "Who Knew?"

Because going out and drinking every night does actually get boring, and expensive! £230 i spent at the weekend going out and drinking!

Ha ha, something like that, mostly just because i think its a good movie.

13. brimstone_halo Registered

Did you watch the movie again to see that SS is a giant bird. I'm supprised no one else has mentioned it. I still can't find the pic with SS where you can plainly see he has a beak. Its the pic from one of the comic books where SS is front and foremost and there are two other F-22 Raptors(ha Raptors, I didn't even think of that, Raptors are big birds of prey) in the back ground. Some people say the other two jets are Skywarp and Thundercracker and some people say they are just depictions of SS in different stages of transforming, personaly I think its TC and SW, but thats not the point. My point was that in the pic SS has a beak

14. S.A.A.D. Registered

Who's the one responsible for coming up with Negicons??
    :woot:

15. brimstone_halo Registered

There is one thing that confused me about the movie. They have this dangerous cube(allspark) from outer space that seems to make the dangerous robots from outer space(decepticons) even more dangerous. They have it in the middle of the desert, which seems like a relatively safe place to keep it(no people around), and they decide to take it to the middle of the biggest city around with a very high population and fight over it(allspark) there. That just doesn't make any since to me. I still think it rocks though and was the best movie of last summer.

Starscreams a bird

16. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

They took the Allspark to mission city with the intention of hiding it, they just didnt figure on the Decepticons finding them in the city, they also couldnt risk keeping it at the damn once Starscream and Frenzy had found the cube and woken Megatron. Nothing confusing about that.

17. brimstone_halo Registered

Why they would even take the chance is what is confusing. Why wouldn't they assume that since the decepticons found it once, that they could find it again.

1. It brings machines to life, pissed off machines, even without the decepticons finding it.
    2. Giant pissed off robots are trying to find it and they will obviously go through anyone or anything to get it no matter the collateral damage, they even found it in the middle of space(and space is pretty big) so I can see why they would think they could hide it 100 miles away from where they last found it.
    3. Its origins and capabilities are not fully understood.

Yeah, I would totally hide that in the center of a few million people, in fact I would take it to my nephews school and hide it in the gym or better yet just bury it in the sandbox during recess.

It doesn't take anything from the movie for me but to say that it makes sense is well... nonsense IMO

18. terry78 He will eat YOU... if you are wrong

^Did the plots from the original cartoon make sense? There you go. Everything is always setup so there can be a giant battle. That's just how it works.

19. brimstone_halo Registered

I didn't say they did. I just thought it was kinda funny is all. I still love the movie, in fact it's one of my favorite movies. It's not like I'm saying "awe, I hate this movie now because the took the allspark to the city". Just an observation.

20. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

I thought it made perfect sense, the Allspark was in a room next to Megatron, why risk keeping it there when they have no obvious defence against him, Bumblebee wouldnt have lasted 2 seconds against Megs, it would have been suicide to keep it there. Mission City was the closest city and it has the cover of buildings. The humans know the city, the decepticons dont. Its just that the decepticons got there before they could hide the cube. It makes perfect sense IMO. They needed to get it as far away from Megatron as possible in a short space of time.

21. brimstone_halo Registered

Thats not my point. I understand that they had to move it away from Megs, ok, that part I get 100%. Moving it to the center of a highly populated city is what I don't get. They(decepticons) found it in the center of a quarter mile thick chunk of concrete. What did they think, oh they had no trouble finding it the middle of a giant dam, so maybe we should go hide it at circuit city or if we suround it with people maybe they wont want to get it.

But maybe I'm just a dumb ass for thinking it wasn't the best idea to hide the allspark( the mysterious chunk of space metal that brings angry machines to life that try to kill people, not to mention the giant robots that can turn into tanks and fighter jets and also have crazy powerful weapons and are willing to destroy anyone or anything in their way, that are hunting for it after they already found it in the depths of space) in the middle of a city full of people.
    It's like having a nuclear bomb terrorists are looking for that may or my not go off at any time and saying "maybe it wont go off, so lets hide it downtown, the terrorists don't want to hurt anyone they just want their bomb".

I could be looking at it all wrong but it's my opinion.

22. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

I think most know it was a silly plot hole, they even commented on why they hid the thing in the dam to mask it's energy signiture, keeping it in a populated city is just lame.

23. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

You're missing a big point here though, if Frenzy hadnt of tagged along with Sam and Mikaela, the decepticons WOULDNT have found the allspark at the damn. The humans also didnt know that Starscream was following them to the city, because he didnt reveal himself until he got there. The plan was to hide it deep within the city before the decepticons got there, when the Decepticons did turn up, the humans went to the backup plan of the helicopters.

24. omid17 Registered

:up:

25. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

I believe the primary function of the damn was to hide the Allsparks energy from any alien species, once the Decepticons found it, the city was the closest place with some cover to hide it, as you saw in the movie the rest was just desert.