The Video Game Thread

They need to start working on the Superman video game like now! The longer the development of a video game, usually the better the game will be IMO.

Shadow of Apokolips was pretty good...even Superman Returns:The Videogame had a few good ideas

Shadow of Apokolips is good, huh? I've always wondered that and have debated picking it up on multiple occasions.

That's a real cop-out in fairness though.
A weakened Superman for an entire game until the end where you get back to normal when it ends? Bad idea IMO.

Would you want to play a Batman game while losing your fight skills and gadgets?
Or a Green Lantern game where your ring can only do one or two things?

Yeah, I thought of that in my head when coming up with the idea. Arkham Asylum has you gradually getting new gadgets which progress the story and upgrade fight mechanics. There is also an upgrade system where you could choose new abilities (e.g. Grapples, Inverted Takedowns) or improve already existing abilities (e.g. Multiple Batarangs, Improve Armor)

Superman could come up with something similar for an upgrade system. Like when the game begins certain powers might not work, like you only have basic ones. but as the game progresses things happen to where you start gaining powers back. Like Batman comes to help and has a device that could feed Solar Radiation to Superman which will return some of his powers. Or Batman has a serum that allows Superman's body to adapt.

The Superman Returns game had the right idea. Rather than Superman having a health bar, Metropolis had a health bar, and you had to protect the city. He was invulnerable - his job was to stop the city and civilians from being hurt. Superman himself had a stamina bar that was charged by sunlight, and every time he used his powers the bar would go down. If you flew higher into the air, the bar would charge faster. The flying mechanics of the game were also terrific.

Sadly, the rest of the game's elements didn't live up to those improvements. If a developer can take those things I described above and run with them, they'd have a pretty good game.

Rocksteady need to get on board, and give Superman the Arkham Asylum/Arkham City treatment. A massive map. Lots of easter eggs scattered throughout the game. Something worthy of Superman, that only he can do and manage. Flying in deep space. Using the powers to their full potential. Etc, etc.

Detective mode in AA would be like X-Ray vision for Superman.

Shadow of Apokolips was pretty good...even Superman Returns:The Videogame had a few good ideas

I know the guy who did the modeling on this game, still looks pretty good even now.

They should do BETTER Superman Returns kind of game. Flying around that huge city was fun but the game wasn't really good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCb6bYfqI2U

That does look pretty cool. It they built a very big world for him that would be good too. If it allowed you to fly into a building and through it and walk up a flight of step, open doors, etc. If it was possible to walk into all kinds of places and situations, that would be spectacular. Of course, in a video game, the challenge would be (like in a movie or book) to actually challenge Superman. A video game where you have to deal with a tsunami, or a Doomsday type of monster would be great. Otherwise, it would really be hard to present a challenge to Superman in a video game. The best part of it would be just to explore the Metropolis world.

I think an AA Superman game is possible. You guys have some cool ideas. I would like a good story and maybe some cool side missions with some downloadable content.

Rocksteady need to get on board, and give Superman the Arkham Asylum/Arkham City treatment. A massive map. Lots of easter eggs scattered throughout the game. Something worthy of Superman, that only he can do and manage. Flying in deep space. Using the powers to their full potential. Etc, etc.

Exactly!

I want some in game Clark stages as well, and maybe make it a little harder to change and not get caught as well.....lol... I don't know like, if you get caught you fail the mission or something like that

As long as EA stays far away from this game, there will be hope.

They need to get Activision on board for this one, we all seen what they did with Spider-man, would love to see them take a shot at Sups, givin the same dedication and time they put into the Spider-man games, we could have one hell of a game on our hands.

:)

I would like to see a Superman video game that allowed you change from Clark to Superman. Bioware is the company that needs to handle the game. It would be awesome to have an epic level Superman campaign, Dragon Age style.

I'm for the latter...

I have Superman Returns.
I will catch flack for this...

but i refused to play it when i realized the John Williams score is NOT in the game.
I was learning how to fly and noticed not ONCE from the demo on, did the score appear.

it is now collecting dust.

I have Superman Returns.
I will catch flack for this...

but i refused to play it when i realized the John Williams score is NOT in the game.
I was learning how to fly and noticed not ONCE from the demo on, did the score appear.

it is now collecting dust.

You probably made the right choice in choosing not to play it.

Lol I thought it was pretty cool, especially the flying stages, it just ended to quickly for me that's all

I thought this was a pretty cool GTA mod featuring Supes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"