Civil War The "Vision" in Civil War

I'm not sure why but I am not convinced Vision will be involved in the Civil War.

Maybe you are right... since he is a computer he may see that there is a balance, see that starting a war wont help save lives, and decide to stay out of it.

Maybe you are right... since he is a computer he may see that there is a balance, see that starting a war wont help save lives, and decide to stay out of it.

Seems logical. I just don't want to wait another 3 years to see the guy. Also he was in the comic so why not be in the film, right?

Seems logical. I just don't want to wait another 3 years to see the guy. Also he was in the comic so why not be in the film, right?

That's not a good indication since the film is already changing a lot from the movies.

But bow much screentime will he have? Actually the better question is how much screentime can he have with much bigger characters like Captain America(the focus of the film), Iron Man, Spider-Man and Black Panther being featured.

But bow much screentime will he have? Actually the better question is how much screentime can he have with much bigger characters like Captain America(the focus of the film), Iron Man, Spider-Man and Black Panther being featured.

He didn't have much screen time in Age of Ultron and still made a huge impact.

I can't see Vision not appearing in Civil War now. Given how well received he was in AoU and the next good opportunity to have him in a movie, I think Civil War is the likely option. Also counting the end of AoU it would seem that he and a few others are destined to make their next appearance in Civil War.

Plus I really really want to see more of Vision. :awesome:

From what we've seen of Vision I could imagine him being neutral in this fight. He could be the voice of reason between the two sides.

Vision will have to be pulled off the board early in order for there to be a fight, which will account for his lack of screen time. As a more pacifist leaning, he might actually turn himself in and attempt to reason with Tony from the inside, he might abstain in some other way. Think of Vision like Switzerland, basically.

^

I would absolutely love for them to take that direction with Vision in CW. Instead of exploring the physical-force-of-nature/powerhouse aspect of his abilities, I would love for them to get into the moral core of his character.

I don't think Vision needs to be taken out early necessarily. It could depend on who else is on the other side. Plus they could portray him as reluctant to fight. In AoU they showed him having great compassion, even for Ultron on some level. Perhaps he finds it hard to understand and relate to the issues in Civil War that spur others into fighting each other?

Not to put words in his mouth, but I interpreted DrCosmic's post to mean that Vision would be taken off the board as an "active combatant" early, and the rest of his role might be to serve as a kind of voice of reason trying to make peace between Cap's and Stark's camps.

Yeah, I may have misread that a bit. lol.

Still I don't think Vision needs to be portrayed as such an all powerful opponent. I mean it just depends on who is on both sides and how they write the battles. They could always find some weakness for Vision if need be.

He'll be on whichever side Wanda is ;)

And I don't see her siding with Stark, like at all.

We finally have confirmation that Vision will be in Civil War!!

Set for release in the United States on May 6, 2016, Captain America: Civil War is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo (Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier, “Community”) from a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (Captain America: The Winter Solider, Marvel’s Captain America: The First Avenger). The film returns Chris Evans as the iconic Super Hero character Steve Rogers/Captain America along with Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Paul Bettany as The Vision, Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Don Cheadle as Jim Rhodes/War Machine and Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch.

I expect he will mostly sit out of the fight, like Dr. Strange did in the comics, or try to reason with both sides. I like Dr. Cosmic's idea of him turning himself in, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"