Justice League The Wachowskis On the Short-List to Direct

Certainly has potential, though I still am skeptical. Martin Campbell was a good director, too. Ultimately, it doesn't come down to how good the director is, so much as how many bad ideas Management introduces into the production.

As long as The Wachowskis don't modify the script, I'm ecstatic with the possibilities. V for Vendetta was spectacular (one of the greatest CBMs ever made along with Watchmen, The Dark Knight Rises, Iron Man, etc). I'm down with the choice. :up:
The Wachowski's didn't direct V for Vendetta, in fact they WROTE it.

The only thing I've seen that they were involved in is V For Vendetta. Cloud Atlas looks pretty complex, hopefully they pull all of that off.

Its a somewhat safer choice, but its certainly not a bad one. Could be a very good one. CLOUD ATLAS looks amazing.

Last edited:
Yeah, dont let them anywhere near the script and this could be a pretty good idea.

The Wachowski's didn't direct V for Vendetta, in fact they WROTE it.

Oh I know, but it was McTeigue's directorial debut. He implied that he got alot of help from The Wachowskis.

And V for Vendetta wasn't exactly an original concept from The Wachowskis. They used the graphic novel as a template.

Oh I know, but it was McTeigue's directorial debut. He implied that he got alot of help from The Wachowskis.

And V for Vendetta wasn't exactly an original concept from The Wachowskis. They used the graphic novel as a template.
it was McTeigue's best movie imo so i think they more than helped him with that since ninja assasin and raven were just meh

Until there's an official announcement, we can speculate all day long. I think the studio is just trying to keep interest in the project going, even though all they have is a script and not much else.

Right now i like the idea of the Wachowskis. Cloud Atlas looks like it could be something special. And they have that experience with Matrix and V For Vendetta..so im sold. But Ruben Fleischer is still a great choice.

I REALLY dont think directors like Nolan, Refn, Aronofsky or Affleck fit. Affleck sounded like an awesome choice to me because of what he could bring to Justice League, but im convinced it's for the best now. If he's not passionate about it then forget it, but the fact that he says "it will be cool" is a good thing. He can handle Batman if they were continuing with the hyper-reality stuff but it wont be the case for this new Batman. If he doesnt seem fit for a Batman that's a little more fantastical then what makes us think he would be able to tackle the rest of the League?

The two latest rumours of Fleischer/Wachowski sound the best so far.

Until there's an official announcement, we can speculate all day long. I think the studio is just trying to keep interest in the project going, even though all they have is a script and not much else.

The announcement is in 3-4 weeks. The short list you see before you with Fleischer, The Wachowskis, Cuaron, Yates (rumblings), etc is legitimate.

3-4 weeks confirmed?

Yates makes sense coming from WB but i hope not. Cuaron would be too awesome to be real so im gonna act like itll never happen lol.

Yep, I've seen a few posters mention 3-4 weeks. I'm assuming they talked to Gill or someone else close at WB.

Should be interesting to see who gets the Director's chair.

Interesting. That's pretty soon if that's the case.

The director of Looper seems like he could do a solo movie but not the JL, what do u guys think? I actually just found out that he directed two episodes of Breaking Bad, a recent one too, for all you BB fans out there like myself. The man has great taste :yay:

imagine a superman vs darkseid fight scene like this in a JL film!!!

Pretty cool, especially if the rest of the league is busy with their own crap(would def trump avenger's lack of powerful antag).

I can't tell if people are actually serious about Fleischer...

I can see the Wachowski's making this something special (I only really liked The Matrix, honestly). Yates isn't bad either, but I feel he is less of a visionary than The Wachowski's.

I hope Cloud Atlas is something special.

I want to see how Looper comes out before giving Rian Johnson the reins just yet. The trailers got me intrigued though.

Please let the brothers get this. I was hoping for Ben but I honestly forgot about them. Maybe the film could be in the tone of "V for Vendetta"
About that....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"