"The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I have a feeling this show is going to get really stupid and the finale shocker is something as major as
Rick being killed. The show surely is setting him up to be the fraction of the man he was in the comics and the show seems to love making Shane out to be in the right. What if Shane kills Rick or some ********.

Nah, highly doubt that. But the major shocker could be that
Instead of Carl being the one to kill Shane, Rick will do it.

oh, thanks, thread manager for moving my last post over! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, highly doubt that. But the major shocker could be that
Instead of Carl being the one to kill Shane, Rick will do it.

I actually don't see them portraying Shane as an outright positive character.

I think Shane is going to live to Season 3.

Which is just. Ugh. He should've been one of the changes that didn't happen. Sophia's change was pretty interesting if awkwardly played out. But Shane really shouldn't have made it past season 1. He's just unnecessary drama for the hell of it.

I agree, but I don't see how you think the show is trying to make Shane in the right. I'm actually finding the show portraying him to be exactly how he was before
he got shot.

Oakzap, I didn't mean Otis, I meant the old man! :argh: And you can't quote post from an old thread but you know what I'm talking about! Shane is the man!

There was a lot of hype around this ep for me. I figured all their pacing/plotting issues were just a matter of fact till the finales roll around.

Watching this ep I had my palm glued to my forehead for almost the duration of the ep. I mean Glen and Maggie had more of their inhuman interactions a few times only to end off where they began(if the writers see fit, which they always seem to come the next ep). Dale and Shane had another interaction which left their characters in the same place as last eps interaction. I mean if they got a little physical or something that would be different but nah....it was the same old nothingness...up until the obligatory 8 mins left cliff hanger.

Upon viewing this cliff hanger my palm slowly moved from my forehead to over my mouth. It was good and it actually moved things along in what I feel is an undeniable way. Obviously the book resolved said barn plot point in a much more in your face way but there was something poignant and bitter sweet about this. That whole time Carol was crying her ass to sleep and all that crap while her daughter was not but 30 yards away. Sadly, when looking at what it took to get to this point it's clear to see just how clumsy and forced the plotting really is. This Sophie scenario could and should have been told in half the episodes and with half the pointless round about searches and redundant character interactions.

I've noticed my friends talk about this ep as if it's the second coming. I guess that means they plan worked in the end. For me I feel it's the thesis of this series. Drag the audience along with non plot and then throw a well placed twist into the conclusion to make em feel satisfied. It does just happen even ep, it happens on a whole.

Lastly, someone said this ep made Shane look good/right. It's hard to say. Which also is different from the book. But then again is it? At the end of the day Rick is always proven right.
Shane was right about Sophia though.

This half of the season ended in pretty much the best way that it could. Bravo.

You guys think Shane came off as good/right in this episode?He's become even more unhinged in this episode and gave people no choice in the barn situation.He screwed up a good thing on the farm and it seems like he is willing to off Herschel not to mention trying to manipulate Carl.Guy is a complete *****e.

I'm waiting for Shane to catch a bullet. Waiting! The longer it takes for it to happen, the angrier I'll be with this show.

You guys think Shane came off as good/right in this episode?He's become even more unhinged in this episode and gave people no choice in the barn situation.He screwed up a good thing on the farm and it seems like he is willing to off Herschel not to mention trying to manipulate Carl.Guy is a complete *****e.

As much as I'd like to agree with this. And with the situation in the story as the characters see it. Sure Shane over stepped. That being said as an audience member in the know. Every Zombie in that barn need to die. And Hershel is letting his pro life convictions that he can cure his friends blind him to the fact that there is no coming back from the dead.

The one thing I think Shane did prove with his stunt is that there is a big difference between being sick and being dead.

Eventually yes they needed to get rid of the walkers but it had to be after Herschel came to terms with what has happened to the world.Rick was getting through to him. Basically I feel the show is headed towards a conflict in the group where they pick who's philosophy they agree with.

I kinda saw this coming, but even if you knew what was gonna happen, it was exicuted incredibly well. I thought that they would
find either Sophie or Merle in the barn. But I'm glad it was Sophie.
It really drove home the point Hershel was making with "I don't see walkers, I see people that I know."

If they would've cut this half of the season down by 2 episodes, it would've been better. But I'm still super excited for February. The story is in a precariously good place right now.

I really loved this episode, but at the same time, I wish it had take place a few episodes sooner. Oh and watching Shane slowly lose it has been wonderful.

I like Shane and I plan on reading the comic series but im glad that im not comparing the show to it.

That ending was surprisingly more emotional than I thought it would be since we really never saw much of Sofia to give much of a ****. But the reactions from everyone sold it.

Herschel's face was priceless when the zombies were being shot. Excellent acting there.

That ending was surprisingly more emotional than I thought it would be since we really never saw much of Sofia to give much of a ****. But the reactions from everyone sold it.

Same here. I also accidentally read one of the spoilers here that revealed her fate so I thought the impact would be lessened, but it was still rather sobering.

Gonna put the ending in spoilers just in case...

Having Rick shoot her was also really powerful. He almost saved her from the zombies and risked so much trying to find her and yet he failed her.

do you think rick stepped up out of obligation. like he was saying [BLACKOUT]sorry for letting sophia down so he put her out of her misery.[/BLACKOUT]

To be honest if any one did it I felt like it had to be him to show the group that he was still strong to lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"