The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw that the next two episodes after "The Suicide King" are titled "Home" and "I Ain't a Judas".

Nice to hear a official confirmation of season 4 but damn first Frank and now Glen.

Good (and unsurprising) that it's coming back for a fourth season, but wow, I didn't see Mazzara's departure coming.

Working for AMC directly must be the worse thing ever. And I think they will be the death of TWD in the end.

AMC: ARE. YOU. ****ING. KIDDING. ME?!?

The show has been successful, both critically and ratings-wise since he's stepped up as showrunner. What the hell are these cocktards up to at that network?! Jesus H... way to sully some really good news ("Hey you get a season 4...") with potentially the worst news possible ("... but we're also going to take away your second showrunner in three seasons after he's brought the show NOTHING BUT SUCCESS!") I seriously might just rage through the galaxy and end the world today as it's been foretold by the Mayans. ****ING IDIOTS!!! :cmad:

AMC has had showrunner trouble on every show except The Killing, the one with the smuggest showrunner and is clearly drinking the AMC Kool-aid.

Rubicon: showrunner quietly fired early in season one (though he was dickish)
Mad Men: two long negotiations that soured Matt's relationship with management (he doesn't talk to them)
Breaking Bad: another long negotiation that got so nasty Sony threatened to take the show elsewhere. If Vince Gilligan does another show it will be somewhere else.
The Walking Dead: fired Frank after using him at Comic-Con to promote the show, he's now at TNT with former TWD stars.
Hell on Wheels: about to start 3rd season with their 3rd showrunner

The people at the network when Mad Men/Breaking Bad were developed are long gone and the current regime who has been around since 2008 needs to go.

Glen will bounce back and get a show at FX, Showtime, HBO, A&E, TNT or even one of the networks. Very interested to hear what happened as Glen seemed to get along better than Frank did with the executives.

The AMC heads need to be fired if there's anyone to blame. It's clear that they can't manage their shows.

Grr...I am not completely losing hope for Season 4+ but damn that news sucks ass.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/kurt-sutter-amc-glen-mazzara-the-walking-dead/
Kurt Sutter Slams “Small-Minded” AMC Over ‘The Walking Dead’ Showrunner Exit
By DOMINIC PATTEN

Sons Of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter has never been hesitant to tell people how he really feels and today he really let AMC have it over showrunner Glen Mazzara leaving The Walking Dead. Taking to Twitter on Friday, Sutter called the network executives “small-minded, bottom-line thinkers who have no appreciation or gratitude for the effort of its creative personnel.” He also warned that without Mazzara at the helm the “future is dim” for The Walking Dead – and that’s the nice stuff. Read all of what Sutter had to say:
AMC is run by small-minded, bottom-line thinkers who have no appreciation or gratitude for the effort of its creative personnel. Time and time again we see events like what happened today with Glen Mazzara. They continue to disrespect writers, **** on their audience and bury their network. Mazzara took the work-in-progress that was “Walking Dead” and turned it into a viable TV show with a future. Without him, that future is dim. Showrunners are not development executives, we’re not cookiecutter *****ebags that you plug into a preexisting model. TWD will suffer. Even Zombies need consistency. “Mad Men” and “Breaking Bad” will be gone soon. So will AMC. I hope their *****ing stock takes a dive and the shareholders line up (Josh) Sapan, (Charles) Dolan and (Charlie) Collier and **** in their open hands. C***s.
That calls for a slow clap.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-glen-mazzara-kurt-sutter-shawn-ryan-406222
Shawn Ryan, meanwhile, broke a holiday-timed Twitter silence to express his concern about whether Mazzara's departure would hurt AMC in the long run.

"Breaking my Twitter silence to comment: AMC, WTF?" Ryan wrote.

"Common knowledge that AMC cut Breaking Bad shorter than it should have been. Now you have creative differences w/ biggest hit's savior?" he added.

"With FX, Showtime, HBO, Starz, Cinemax, A&E, TNT and others to sell to, it's a real question now why good show runners should sell to AMC?" he concluded before returning to Twitter silence.

Banshee and House EP GregYaitanes also voiced support for Mazzara, writing: "Yo. @AMC_TV what are you doing with@WalkingDead_AMC by canning another great voice???"

AMC has had showrunner trouble on every show except The Killing, the one with the smuggest showrunner and is clearly drinking the AMC Kool-aid.

Rubicon: showrunner quietly fired early in season one (though he was dickish)
Mad Men: two long negotiations that soured Matt's relationship with management (he doesn't talk to them)
Breaking Bad: another long negotiation that got so nasty Sony threatened to take the show elsewhere. If Vince Gilligan does another show it will be somewhere else.
The Walking Dead: fired Frank after using him at Comic-Con to promote the show, he's now at TNT with former TWD stars.
Hell on Wheels: about to start 3rd season with their 3rd showrunner

The people at the network when Mad Men/Breaking Bad were developed are long gone and the current regime who has been around since 2008 needs to go.

Glen will bounce back and get a show at FX, Showtime, HBO, A&E, TNT or even one of the networks. Very interested to hear what happened as Glen seemed to get along better than Frank did with the executives.

Wow, just, wow. I had no idea that AMC had this kind of attitude with so many of their shows. How can these execs sleep at night knowing that they are the only network with this many ridiculous problems? Its like trying to give a brand new BMW a new engine strait off the showroom floor. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

ebb.jpg

They should have the Zombie extras wear Santa Hats

Normally, when a show or film series is successful executives tends to be hands off. I've never seen an executive producer or director get less control after something is a success. At AMC, it's the complete opposite, it appears. It goes against rational thinking. Why fix something that isn't broke? It's more work and worry for the executives when they should be concentrating on their main job, which is programming.

For those with an Xbox 360, The Walking Dead game goes on sale today - first episode is free, 2 thru 5 are 200 MS/$2 apiece.

Considering the 360 deal appears to be only available to Gold subscribers (at least, the free first episode is), I could see PSN following suit with a deal available to Playstation Plus subscribers.

I'm just about in the middle of the second compendium that I got for Christmas. Is anyone else kind of disappointed at what they've done to Donna, Allen and the twins in the series? Namely that there's only one of the twins and he's a ****ing teenager? :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"