The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the show needs to scrape the barrel for more shock value, it's arguably the most popular TV show in the world whilst being one of the coldest and bleakest shows in the mainstream, it doesn't need to get any darker IMO.

I'm honestly not looking forward to another psycho leader storyline. Governor was so damn boring.

I think Negan is worse though. Like, in the comics he was horrible to the main cast characters. Whether they have him be the same or not, I dunno.

Hopefully the second half of season 6 isn't filler and doesn't meander for too much.

I recently read the TWD season 6 EW issue that was released back in Aug. And Gimple mentioned that we'd be seeing some backstory on Alexandria just before Rick and co. arrived. Either it was cut or it'll happen in the next half.

Oh fun, more meaningless backstory to the boring Alexandrites.

I recently read the TWD season 6 EW issue that was released back in Aug. And Gimple mentioned that we'd be seeing some backstory on Alexandria just before Rick and co. arrived. Either it was cut or it'll happen in the next half.

Maybe it has to do with Negan somehow.

It’s been a while since we had a major time jump. The actor playing Carl isn’t getting any younger. I believe the time frame between season 4 - 6A is about 2 months. Chandler Riggs looks 2-3 years older than his character supposed to be in that timeframe. IMO, the writer’s should’ve resolved the whole walker herd and Wolf arc as well as had Rick’s entire group reunited in the midseason finale but also waited on anyone of Rick’s group crossing paths with Negan’s group till after the midseason premiere. The midseason premiere could time jump 8 or 9 months later showing the ASZ community expanding and Maggie ready to give birth. I doubt we’ll get a time jump anytime soon since the mid season finale ended with Abe, Daryl, and Sasha already crossing paths with their next threat. And the rest of the group still hasn’t resolved the walker invasion at the ASZ or that Wolf getting away.

The fact that the show refuses to recognize Carl's aging continues to be one of my biggest bones of contention.

I watched TWD Season 6 Comic Con trailer for the first time. I was avoiding it till after the mid season finale.

The trailer had plenty of misdirection with it centering around a feud between Rick and Morgan. I even noticed some cut scenes like Morgan pep talking a grieving Deanna in episode 0605 "Now", which he was briefly in. As well as a cut shot (possibly scene) between Michonne and Aaron also from "Now". It also featured unused dialogue from Morgan that was specifically made for the trailer. A similar stunt they pulled with Gareth in the season 5 trailer.

I'm glad I held off on the trailer until now. As much as I want to see Rick and Morgan's friendship continue to thrive it was a missed opportunity for season 6 to not explore the fallout between both of the characters morals clashing with one another.

Smithsonian is hosting a lecture with Andrew Lincoln, Scott M. Gimple and Greg Nicotero, and costume designer Eulyn Womble. In Feb. I'm hoping there will be a surprise guest or two. I'm so freaking excited.

Last edited:
Ok, so now that Deanna is a zombie, I feel it's the perfect time to suggest costume design.

And lucky for them, her makeup has been sitting around doing nothing since 1987.

pbHpBQQ.png

Personally, I think it was a fitting lookalike before the undeadness, but now even more so. Someone else has thought this too, right?

One thing I'm really hoping for in the Negan-era of this show is for less of those "Hey, let's follow these two characters while they're on a run, isolated from the larger cast" episodes. I want a greater level of momentum than that, going from episode-to-episode. I like Gimple as showrunner, but some of these episodes are just like "Really?"

Agreed... I enjoyed season two and most of three's prison stuff focusing on the main group. The Woodbury episodes were a welcome change at times, minus Andrea, but weren't anything like these isolated episodes.

But some of the isolated episodes have been the best. Like Morgans ep... back in season 3 when Rick, Carl, and Michonne travel to that town Morgan has traps all over... so it works sometimes. but, especially this season, it seemed like every other episode.

The gang gets separated every season, so I rather they just all stick together.

Agreed... I enjoyed season two and most of three's prison stuff focusing on the main group. The Woodbury episodes were a welcome change at times, minus Andrea, but weren't anything like these isolated episodes.

But some of the isolated episodes have been the best. Like Morgans ep... back in season 3 when Rick, Carl, and Michonne travel to that town Morgan has traps all over... so it works sometimes. but, especially this season, it seemed like every other episode.

18 Miles Out worked, Clear worked, most of the 4B episodes worked, even Morgan's episode this season worked (though it was poorly placed after three intense episodes and also, frankly, didn't require a 90 minute running time), but I don't know.... the whole compressed narrative of showing two days of continuity over 8 episodes just wore thin on me after awhile. Like that Daryl/Sasha/Abraham episode. Yeah, laying the groundwork for Negan and the Saviors was cool and all, but IDGAF about Abe's breakdown or the fact that he wants to bone Sasha. Put the pedal to the metal and get the ****ing story going.

And this is all without even getting into how ill-advised that Glenn business was.

Yeah having this season so far mostly centered around two days was a bit frustrating. Really took away from the character development and flow of the story. The mid season finale should've provided closure/resolution on the walker herd invasion, the fate of that Wolf who Morgan spared, as well as Rick's entire group reuniting. Unfortunately the mid season premiere will continue with day 2 of this season.

I've gotta say, I don't care what excuses Kirkman and co. have made for not doing it in recent years... I wanna see Rick lose that hand. Our people aren't physically scarred enough. "Ooooh, inner turmoil" Boo ****ing hoo, I gotta see some maiming. :o

I've gotta say, I don't care what excuses Kirkman and co. have made for not doing it in recent years... I wanna see Rick lose that hand. Our people aren't physically scarred enough. "Ooooh, inner turmoil" Boo ****ing hoo, I gotta see some maiming. :o

Complain about the lack of physical deformities with what the end of the last episode set up. :o

Complain about the lack of physical deformities with what the end of the last episode set up. :o

[blackout]An eye getting shot out isn't good enough[/blackout]!!! :argh:

Speaking of, I'll be curious to see how they pull that off. It was so ****ing over the top in the comic.

AMC started their TWD New Year's Day Marathon today and for some reason they skipped season 1. I wonder if Darabont suing the network had anything to do with it.

Possibly.

From a rewatch standpoint, it's not like you miss much. It's like "Oh, you want me to catch you up? Well there's been a zombie apocalypse and Lori alternates between being angry at Shane and patronizing Rick." That's basically it.

Possibly.

From a rewatch standpoint, it's not like you miss much. It's like "Oh, you want me to catch you up? Well there's been a zombie apocalypse and Lori alternates between being angry at Shane and patronizing Rick." That's basically it.

And Merle.

So that shot of Maggie yelling at the end of the teaser, looks like she's seeing Lucille taking Glen away from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"