The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know how many if any are in the woods though. There could be a dozen or more just waiting.

Also at this point I don't know if it is a good idea or a bad idea for them to go on a break until February. The pace has slowed considerably and some of the stupid choices made have started to put me off the show. Either a prolonged break to regain interest in it will help or it will help me decide I can't tolerate their drawing out this chapter at such a snail's pace and quit.

i think you will love the 2nd half

I think that the next episode will be the conclusion of this particular storyline and the beginning of the next. At around this point in the comics
after they take out the giant walker herd, they find out about a community called the Hilltop and form a trade network with them, but Negan and the saviors are basically holding them ransom for supplies.

Also can I just point out the hypocrisy of some fans in regards to "drawing this out"?

Season 5: The cannibal storyline was too short! **** this ****!

Season 6: OMG now this walker herd storyline is too long! **** this ****!

LMAO you guys are such flip-floppers.

Or you know, we don't like the extremes where it's either one episode that should be three long or they turn a two parter into five. They can tell a story of a decent length. Not too long but not too short.

I was glad to see the Wolf in the episode, I found his performance very interesting. Is he the last of the Wolves, or can we expect one last hurrah?

[YT]cjCSOzdrPiE[/YT]

I think that the next episode will be the conclusion of this particular storyline and the beginning of the next. At around this point in the comics
after they take out the giant walker herd, they find out about a community called the Hilltop and form a trade network with them, but Negan and the saviors are basically holding them ransom for supplies.

Also can I just point out the hypocrisy of some fans in regards to "drawing this out"?

Season 5: The cannibal storyline was too short! **** this ****!

Season 6: OMG now this walker herd storyline is too long! **** this ****!

LMAO you guys are such flip-floppers.

yeah. it's hilarious. people need to understand they are trying to make people feel for these characters and sometimes they take forever to do so. sometimes they dont take long enough. it's part of the process. i think this slow first half will pay off but we will see.

They do really drag stuff out and belabor the point sometimes.

Sometimes I think it might help streamline the show if each season consisted of less episodes.

I made it through Season 2. I'm not gonna stop watching if I've made it this far.

They do really drag stuff out and belabor the point sometimes.

Sometimes I think it might help streamline the show if each season consisted of less episodes.

I totally agree with you on this. Maybe future seasons will take this into consideration.

yeah. it's hilarious. people need to understand they are trying to make people feel for these characters and sometimes they take forever to do so. sometimes they dont take long enough. it's part of the process. i think this slow first half will pay off but we will see.
Yeah, it is really funny how inconsistent they are with tearing through one story in only two or three episodes then string us along for almost a dozen with another while they pad out the season.

Yeah, it is really funny how inconsistent they are with tearing through one story in only two or three episodes then string us along for almost a dozen with another while they pad out the season.

as long as it pays off in the end.

if they dont kill glenn or daryl via bat to the face i will be pissed because then i know the show has gone away from what made it so popular.

Hmmm ...[BLACKOUT] At this point, it would be weird if Daryl took a bat to the skull. Daryl has done a whole lot of nothing this season so far (in terms of character spotlight and development, that is). If he continues to do nothing aside from getting captured, then I think he's safe. If he becomes more prominent of a character in the second half, then yes, I can see him getting killed by Negan. If it's not Daryl, then I think it's going to be Morgan[/BLACKOUT].

IDK if they have the balls to kill off Glenn after what they did with him in the first half of the season. And I don't think they'd do Morgan since everyone and their dog is pissed off at him (unless he redeems himself somehow). Either Daryl or Glenn would cause a huge splash, so it'll probably be one of them.

IDK if they have the balls to kill off Glenn after what they did with him in the first half of the season. And I don't think they'd do Morgan since everyone and their dog is pissed off at him (unless he redeems himself somehow). Either Daryl or Glenn would cause a huge splash, so it'll probably be one of them.

If it's Daryl, I'm sure that it would cause a huge reaction from the fanbase, but for me at this point? Nope. Daryl has done nada since the end of last season, unfortunately. For the most part, I wouldn't be sad if he was the one. Hopefully they'll let him do something in the second half if he's going to meet his fate.

The only reason why I would be sad is because of Carol. I'd be sad for her. That's about it, though.

From what I've read, Daryl is going to be having a more prominent role in the second half of season 6, plus him and Rick are going to be having an episode centered on them. What will happen?

Seems to me unless something else happens when the show comes back it could go one of two ways,
A) they are really pushing for it to be Morgan that dies, him sticking with the whole "All life is precious" just maybe Rick may start showing signs of understanding/accepting Morgan's view, but that all ends with Negans jolting hit of reality.

B) Carol, her character arc is pretty much past it's peak, she is pretty much just around to do badass things and her loss would hurt the group the most at this point. I can see Morgan willing to sacrifice himself to appease Negan, but at the last second Negan takes out Carol instead, while at the same time, waking Morgan out of his "all life is precious" code, when he sees it what it lead to. (but all this depends on would the show have the balls to have a Lucille type death happen to a woman on screen)

I'm really hoping that Negan beats Maggie to death. I'm sorry, I know it's awful, but I really want to see something so horrible that it makes me physically sick while watching it.

I'm really hoping that Negan beats Maggie to death. I'm sorry, I know it's awful, but I really want to see something so horrible that it makes me physically sick while watching it.
:huh:

If another baby is added to the group I'm wondering if the writers will add a nursery
to Hilltop
so they can have that "Oh no the zombies are headed to eat the babies" type moment.

I think it's more likely that Daryl or Morgan, maybe even Carol will get the bat. Even Glum would get it like in the comics, before they chose to off Maggie. Even though her character has done nothing since season 2.

A case for Glenn dying at Lucille's hand:
- Abraham/Sasha relationship to take over for Glenn/Maggie.
- Total shock because we narrowly avoided his death once before.
- He'll be extremely boring (because he'll never go out) or extremely stupid (because he will still go out) once he's a dad.

If another baby is added to the group I'm wondering if the writers will add a nursery
to Hilltop
so they can have that "Oh no the zombies are headed to eat the babies" type moment.
This is something I hope they never do. We've had enough fake out, they won't go there, moments with zombies eating babies. Outside the first season where they merely hinted it had happen they have not had the balls to do it.

Which I'm glad they won't do. If they have to do something as sick as showing a baby being eaten then I will quit watching the instant they do that.

There are some lines they shouldn't cross.

I don't want babies being eaten. I just meant that seeing a pregnant lady beat to death would really hit home just how evil and vicious Negan is.

I must have forgotten to add why I quoted that. Beating a pregnant woman to death is still bad. Not as bad as the baby eating but still enough that I think it takes a step too far. I don't need to be physically sick to know how evil Negan is. What he's likely to do is evil enough.

We already know thanks to the Governor amongst others just how depraved humans can be to other humans in this universe. That Negan is going to beat someone probably very graphically to death is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"