The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
They wouldn't dare kill Daryl, too many viewers would leave.

I think it'd be Carl. He's not gonna stay that young looking forever.

“If what we believe is correct, then one of the main cast members who has not been killed in the comic book series will die during Season 4."

That kind of rules out Daryl, because Daryl doesn't even exist in the comics.

A lot of people I've seen on twitter are guessing Maggie.

That quote doesn't leave many options, so I'd wager Maggie or Michonne.

Also, that baby be dead I'd say :o

I can see Carl, being that the character started out as a boy and the actor is growing into a teenager and they haven't done any significant leaps in time yet to show how Carl's grown several inches makes any sense. There can only be so many of them before it becomes obvious he's no longer 12 years old (or whatever age he's meant to be) when the actor is clearly going to be 15.

I wish people would clamp their ****ing traps shut about this stuff. I don't want to know this **** in advance. Just let it happen. Let me enjoy the shock and surprise. I hate this spoiler-hungry way of life we live now...
They wouldn't dare kill Daryl, too many viewers would leave.

I don't like that train of thought either.

I generally don't like spoilers either but this is vague enough not to get me bothered. It's not like someone went and posted "Daryl/Michonne/Carl/Maggie/Rick/etc" is going to die and didn't bother tagging it. And we should kind of expect regular members of the cast to die at various points in the series. At this rate we should be expecting 2-3 a season.

It's not overly vague when you consider that, if I'm not mistaken, there are only about four characters that are still alive in both the comics and the show. [blackout]Rick, Michonne, Carl and Maggie[/blackout]. And I think we can be reasonably sure they won't kill Rick. So that narrows it down to three.

I can see Carl, being that the character started out as a boy and the actor is growing into a teenager and they haven't done any significant leaps in time yet to show how Carl's grown several inches makes any sense. There can only be so many of them before it becomes obvious he's no longer 12 years old (or whatever age he's meant to be) when the actor is clearly going to be 15.
They probably think that because a significant amount of time has gone by on the show, that it doesn't matter. Kirkman did say that he wants to do the Negan story with Carl. *shrugs*

I don't know, I have severe doubts that Carl will be killed any time soon. Same with Rick. Those two are the only characters I feel that way about though.

I really don't want to ever see Daryl die. Ever. But I do think at some point, that will happen. Maybe not soon...

Kirkman and others have said too many times that the story is about Carl growing up in this world for me to believe they'll kill him off in the fourth season.

Norman Reedus tweeted a link about a Walking Dead gift shop that's opened up in the town where the Woodbury scenes were shot and added that he "couldn't wait to get back"...which I'm guessing probably means he'll be around next season. Or that he just likes visiting Georgia at this point.

David Morrissey replied to that tweet with a "Get outta my town!!" message, btw. :funny:

"Something happened to him. I feel like a shady politician where I can't confirm and I can't deny anything. Certainly, bad things befell him at the end of the last episode but we just have to wait and see."

Could the Governor be returning to the show? Obviously he's dead, but maybe it'll be flashbacks, or a hallucination or whatever.

Crazy!Rick will have Angel!Hershel and Devil!Governor advising him. lol.

LOL, that would be funny but I hope that doesn't happen.

I am curious though. Do you think it's possible that Lilly didn't actually shoot him? It would seem like a cheap stunt, but... hell, I'm always up for more Governor.

I did find it slightly curious that they didn't actually show him die (there was also how much her gun was shaking when she fired), but he was included in the "In Memorium" segment on The Talking Dead (the ambiguously-fated Judith was not).

I think having him pop up yet again would feel really contrived though, and like you said, a cheap stunt. People would start to say enough is enough with Governor.

I did find it slightly curious that they didn't actually show him die (there was also how much her gun was shaking when she fired), but he was included in the "In Memorium" segment on The Talking Dead (the ambiguously-fated Judith was not).

I think having him pop up yet again would feel really contrived though, and like you said, a cheap stunt. People would start to say enough is enough with Governor.

He's not a special case in that regard, though. In terms of final head-shots, we didn't see Dale's, Lori's, Andrea's.... I kind of wish they had averted that with The Governor, though. Everyone else's could be considered an end to all their misery. His should've been like "No, we're not going to cut away from yours. Audiences, enjoy watching his brain matter fertilize this patch of grass."

My guess is Michonne, I don't think her character has reached the popularity level they expected, she at this point is expendable, Maggie and Daryl are still the biggest eye candy left on the show. I know it shouldn't matter, what's best for the story should come first, but I'm thinking AMC would say different. Plus at this point if Carl died, Rick would just kill himself, there would be no coming back from that for him.

Kirkman would never let Michonne get killed off until he does it in the comic. (Unless there's a contract dispute like Dale.)

Plus at this point if Carl died, Rick would just kill himself, there would be no coming back from that for him.
That's a good point and that's really the thing for me. Judith or no Judith, Rick wouldn't want to go on and there would be nothing that would make sense, from my point of view, as reasons for him TO go on.

tumblr_myhhwaklSi1qaucn3o1_r1_250.gif
tumblr_myhhwaklSi1qaucn3o8_r1_250.gif

tumblr_myhhwaklSi1qaucn3o6_r2_250.gif
tumblr_myhhwaklSi1qaucn3o5_r1_250.gif

tumblr_myhhwaklSi1qaucn3o2_250.gif
tumblr_myhhwaklSi1qaucn3o3_r1_250.gif

tumblr_myhhwaklSi1qaucn3o7_r2_250.gif
tumblr_myhhwaklSi1qaucn3o4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mvr57pMB0L1s5lvbfo1_250.gif

I was reading an article that had a picture of the Governor's body lying on the ground with a bullet hole in his head. It was a shot that wasn't featured in the finale, so perhaps it will be featured in an intro sequence to the second half of the season, showing the desolation of the prison battle. That could be what Morrissey was hinting at by saying that the Governor could appear again in the second half of the season.

The Gov was pretty seriously impaled. Headshot or not, he's dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"