The Walking Dead - Part 1

I'm still reading it. All Out War escalated pretty nicely, but then that cop out with Negan just didn't sit too right with me.
After all that he's done he should have been killed. I get what Rick is trying to say, but it feels like it's just done to keep Negan around. They can still retain their civility by killing him. They killed plenty of guys who were just following Negan because he bullied them, so they can kill Negan too.

Yeah. It's also another HUGE bonehead move by Rick, who can probably trace everything bad that's happened to him to some stupid, idealistic or hubristic decision he made. Gee, keeping Negan alive…. this can't possibly go wrong one day, could it? I'm just waiting for the cover of #150 which will have Negan smiling over Carl's dead body or something.

I think I'm the only person out there who's reading the comics but hasn't watched the TV series :woot:

I've read up to the end of Compendium 2 (issue 96?) and I'm not sure I'm going to go much further. It does feel like its ran out of ideas a bit :csad:

I think I'm the only person out there who's reading the comics but hasn't watched the TV series :woot:

I've read up to the end of Compendium 2 (issue 96?) and I'm not sure I'm going to go much further. It does feel like its ran out of ideas a bit :csad:

If you're on issue 96 you should at least get to issue 100. It's a big landmark that you might as well make it that far.

How'd you like the Governor? Those first 48 issues still rank as one of the best runs of any comic-book ever. I'm not sure I'd recommend ALL of 'The Walking Dead' run (although it's still okay, even if it's declined a lot), but I definitely recommend anyone who only knows the comic from the TV show, to pick up the first compendium.

And you're not missing much with the show, despite what some of the die-hards will claim. In my mind, the comic, for all its faults, is still far superior to the TV show. The TV show's terrible depiction of Andrea is only the most egregious example of how inferior it is, but there's many other reasons it pales in comparison.

How'd you like the Governor? Those first 48 issues still rank as one of the best runs of any comic-book ever. I'm not sure I'd recommend ALL of 'The Walking Dead' run (although it's still okay, even if it's declined a lot), but I definitely recommend anyone who only knows the comic from the TV show, to pick up the first compendium.

The Governor storyline had me completely hooked. Pretty grim though, I'm not sure I'd use the word "enjoyable" to describe it!

The first compendium has to be one of the biggest bargains in comic-land. A definite must-have.

This thread hasn't been touched in a while. What gives? Haha. I loved yesterday's issue. I loved the flash forward and seeing how things have changed since all out war.

I once LOVED the comic and LIKED the TV show, I agree with pretty much everyone else, since the Prison storyline in the comics I just found it boring, I switched off the TV show half way through season 3, what a friggin snooze fest! I don't think either the show or comic will ever retain it's greatness. Thank God for the Telltale games, if it wasn't for them I would for sure live a Walking Dead free life.

I agree with Sexy Magician.

I decided the end of All Out War (and the end of my using comixology, which is total fail now) is a good jumping off point for me. It's going to be aimless again for a while, like the issues after the prison siege. And all the characters I liked are pretty much dead.

I'll probably crack and buy the TPBs when they get released though. :o

This thread hasn't been touched in a while. What gives? Haha. I loved yesterday's issue. I loved the flash forward and seeing how things have changed since all out war.

I agree. It was nice to see how things had developed and also feel its a nice way to push ahead and for something more serious to occur. Although I think he's going to struggle with a plot line next as we've already had 2 insane leaders he's had to take down. Unless they opt for the virus side of things like in the show which would nicely cover a few issues the only thing he could do is have carl rise up against him after being brain washed by negan but even that will be a massive long shot...

i look forward to seeing where it goes next.

Are the walking dead novels based on the comic world or the tv series?

oh god...
I dropped the book with the first aftermath issue of All Out War.
I read about the thing that happens in 130 and read it.
I am so glad to have given this up if this is in fact what will be happening from now on.

Talking Zombies
??? -__- *smh* :doh::whatever:

Why is that bad? It's an interesting development that brings some mystery and suspense back into a book that's been lacking it lately. Plus, the zombies are actually playing a part again, after being on the sidelines for 50 issues or so.

Unless the Zombies are healing or still have all of their throat, diaphragm and lungs, they can't talk

I collect the comic volumes. Read the latest one a while back with the second part of the war against Negan. I feel the comics are a lot darker than the show and that the zombies don't even seem to be part of the series anymore. It just all seemed to be about Rick and Negan. Which is okay I guess, everyone loves a good battle and seeing Negan get what's coming to him. I do prefer some of the other volumes. I just hope it picks up soon and something interesting happens.

I'm excited for this new development. Like JJJ said, it's nice to have something new happen with the zombies again.

I just caught up with the series, and the talking zombies thing is pretty much explained in the final pages. I really can't wait to see what happens with this new revelation because I've been wanting a smart, calm lead villain for a while. Maybe it's Magna, or maybe it's [BLACKOUT]the leader of the people wearing zombie flesh.[/BLACKOUT] Either way it goes I hope that they're done with the ruthless bandits as the main bad guy. I could see Magna and her crew being some people who just don't agree with Rick's method, wasn't there for the Negan uprising, and takes some of the people who dissent with Rick's methods with her to make their own way. This could force Rick to wonder if he's going to have to get them back with violence or not, and maybe he does for the greater good. It doesn't have to go down that exact way, but war has been done enough at this point. I loved it, but I'm looking for a new direction besides going to war with other communities.

I'm happy with how this whole "talking walkers" turned out. This bald lady's def gonna be trouble though.

Just read Issue 143 a little while ago, definitely a good one.

Holy crap at that ending though. That has to be the biggest amount of walkers we've ever seen. Rick really needs to be careful messing with Alpha.

I've got a bad feeling that the 'problem' Alpha ran into on the road might have been Ezekiel coming after Michonne though... :csad:

Idk who she could have had to chop up on the way. But damn, that megaherd was massive! :eek:

Also, I think I'm done w/ Carl. Time to polish off that other eye.

Carl's always been one of my favorites, but... man, he really got attached to Lydia quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"