Invincible - Part 1

Do you remember what he said or was it just along the lines of, "We messed up!"

Yeah, it was just along the lines of "we messed up and didn't realize until after the issues were printed."

So...

*twiddles thumbs*

What do y'all think will happen with Allen and Nolan now that
Allen is planning to release the virus back on Earth? I'm betting that Mark and Dinosaurus will come up with some kind of antidote.

I honestly have no idea what's going to happen, and I love that.

lol, it would be highly unpredictable if Allen did end up releasign it into Earth, and Mark is forced to leave the planet behind .....or dies.......

1301683439-570x876.jpg

I came in after doing the following search on google:
robert kirkman has jumped the shark invincible

Seriously how did this happen? I think it has to have something to do with the fact that he's simply doing too much at this point. Jack of all trades master of none. I dunno, but issue 79 and 80 were just pathetic. Total attempts at "shock". No dude, all this bs has been done before, it wasn't groundbreaking, it felt utterly forced and just made me :whatever::whatever: when I "experienced" what you were trying to shock me with.

What am I talking about?
Issue 79: Herpderp I had an abortion, life is so hard :whatever:
Issue 80: Oh hey mark, meet my boyfriend herpderp comic fans I had to get a gay character in here somehow!!!1111:whatever::whatever:
.... It wasn't inventive, it all felt contrived and forced.

At this point I'm at 84, still reading , and still clinging to the reasons I read this book for all these years.... wondering why I bother anymore.

THANK YOU gts24! I've currently dropped the comic but I flip through it every once in a while.

The book has completely gone off the rails. None of what I liked about it or found charming about it exists in the book anymore.

Eve getting an abortion and all the soap boxing on that crap made me furious.

So I went out and bought a bunch of these today starting with the abortion issue (not knowing it was an abortion issue, it's just the first one I grabbed and I grabbed all of them after that save one that was missing from my shop).

Anyhow, I read the first 20 or so issues of this title and always wanted to get caught up but never did. So I figured screw it and jump on now. I'll say I was nearly turned away with the abortion issue and the reasons given (I'm not a fan of abortion no matter what the reasons and it's certainly nothing a heroic role modle should do in my opinion) but since I already bough 10 or 11 comics I read through them.

Honestly, I didn't feel the book was as good as those first two years when I read them but they were still entertaining. I figure I might stick with the book for a while but we'll see how long it lasts.

I'm on volume 11 now, I'm getting them as I get time and money... Invincible is a really great book. I don't wanna be an apologist and whatever, but I'm only on issue 59, and Invicible (and Eve) are definitely far into the murkiness as far as being heroic role models, but then again, it wouldn't be the first time a comic book writer oversimplified an issue. It also wouldn't be the first time I could care less.

Y'know, I really don't think it's jumped the shark. I don't think it will ever be as good as it was when Mark was goi through his girl troubles and battling his father, etc...but that's purely because those stories were SO good, it's really hard to top.

The War was great - even if it suffered from delays, and despite a few so-so issues, it's again building some pretty good storylines between Mark, Allen, etc. It's definitely been enough to keep me engaged and keep buying it consistently.

Now Walking Dead on the other hand... That book's been meandering for the past 20 issues or so, and I really don't see it digging itself out of that hole anytime soon.

After watching Talking Dead on TV the other night with Robert Kirkman, it made me wonder how awesome an Invincible TV show could be.

I'd watch an Invincible show/movie but I really don't think it would be as awesome as the comic.

It would be difficult to pull off a good Invincible show because of the budget. I think it would be best to have a movie series of the comic, but a cartoon could be a good medium to have all the great superhero moments without worrying about the budget being sky high.

A cartoon would have to tone down the blood probably. Didn't MTV have some sorta cartoon? The Invicible wiki page says something about it. I've never been able to find it on line.

That MTV thing was just a motion comic.

Honestly, Invincible would make for a pretty awesome cartoon. Especially if they could keep the plot lines mature and as intricate as the comics.

Young Justice animation with Invincible would be great but networks aren't going to make mature cartoons very easy. The only mature cartoon I can even think of made by the US is Spawn.

Now, I don't mean mature in that it has to have a lot of blood and violence, I just think a lot of cartoons - even when they feature some mature storylines - will try to lighten the cartoon by adding some "zany" humor or dumbing down the dialogue to appeal to younger viewers.

Which...they really don't need to do. BTAS didn't compromise on it's dialogue or humor and still was able to appeal to kids.

Invincible would have to be an R rated cartoon. It's not so distinctly mature like The Walking Dead, but the way the Viltrumites kill people is so insane that there would have to be a warning for parents. lol

Eh, you could edit out the violence and gore with sacrificing the overall story much.

The Viltrumites would probably be neutered quite a bit for a cartoon. It wouldn't affect the over all story too much. They would have to show more environmental destruction to compensate.

But isn't the ultra violence of the Viltrumites kinda the point? They are basically really, really, really brutal, facist twists on Kryptonians. I think watering down their "methods" would kinda take away from that.

Simply making them the über-powerful evil Kryptonians isn't that far off.

After watching Talking Dead on TV the other night with Robert Kirkman, it made me wonder how awesome an Invincible TV show could be.

I'd rather see a series of direct to DVD movies so that they wouldn't have to tone down anything.

Even if we could only get one of them, I'd be ecstatic to see an animated Conquest vs Invincible fight.

Dinosaurus got his ass handed to him, then taken away from him to be handed to him some more. He's lucky he survived that beatdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"