The Walking Dead Season 6, Episode 12 "Not Tomorrow Yet" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead' started by Kane52630, Mar 6, 2016.

1. PeterBenParker

PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

I'm throwing this out there right now that.. (possible future spoilers, read at your own risk or if you're a comic fan that is long past this entire arc)

Glenn will not die in the Season 6 Finale.

If anything, that Polaroid collection sealed his fate in terms of surviving because it's WAY too on the nose and at this point, it'd just be giving comic fans what they expect which I feel would be 100% cheap and a complete disservice to his original death in the 100th issue.

In addition, what made Glenn's original death so heartbreaking for many of the comic fans was that he was a damn Saint, having not killed a single solitary living person at all. On top of that, he was the big fan favorite so it was easy to justify him dying in such a brutal and unexpected fashion. In Sunday's episode, however, he KILLED multiple Saviors and despite it killing him inside, he did it without hesitation for Heath and to ensure his own survival. There's too much there wasted should he get killed off.

Last comment about Glenn: You mean to tell me that Glenn will look at the Polaroids, realize what damage Lucille will do (when its introduced along with Negan), and yet still be the one to take it? No way. Just like with Noah, he will be forced to watch the gruesome death with no way of escaping it.

As for who I think will take his infamous death? Daryl. With his new show on AMC set to be filming soon, and the addition of Jesus, this could easily be their way of weening off the crazy fangirls from rioting if Daryl dies with advertising Norman Reedus' new show and putting Jesus in that spot. To add, he's the fan favorite just like comic Glenn was, so it just makes sense.

As for a dark horse prediction? Maggie (despite all the future character building they've been doing with her and the Hilltop)

2. HighFivingMF

HighFivingMF Welp.

About the new AMC show.

Reedus's show is a 6-episode reality show and is already filming. There is an absolute 0% chance they'd still be doing it by the time season 7 starts.

3. Teelie

Teelie Jokerface

I think you're mostly right except for one part. [blackout]Carol, not Maggie[/blackout] is going to die. They practically told us it was coming at the beginning of the episode.

4. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

SPOILER ALERT: The Walking Dead Episode 612 Flashback
    [YT]t9wt3H2pDCY[/YT]

5. Drizzle

Drizzle I'm gonna get real weird with it

I disagree. [BLACKOUT]I don't think the beginning scene was a harbinger of death for Carol, it was more like a wake-up call that no matter how hard she tries to adapt to a new way of life and put the past behind her, she will always need to fight in this world.[/BLACKOUT]

6. Leenie

Leenie Registered

In regards to Carol ...

I don't think she'll get Lucille'd. IF she dies, I'm thinking her death would be like Holly's from the comics, considering her current hostage situation.

7. Teelie

Teelie Jokerface

Whether Lucille is involved or not I still think Carol is one of the upcoming deaths.

8. Iron_Stark

Iron_Stark Pepperony 3000

Like it was already said Reedus is filming or has already already finished filming.

But you are correct about one thing Glenn will not die at the end of season 6. According to spoilers
    the season ends with Negan hitting someone with a bat but doesn't show who.

Now please answer this seriously, do you think Glenn, Maggie and the baby get a Happy ending? You think they're going to end up in Alexandria with sunshine and roses? I say Alexandria because according to your theory, there's no reason for Maggie to move to Hilltop

9. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Oh man [BLACKOUT]if they end the season with Negan hitting someone but not showing us who, that will be the biggest tease ever. The endless months of waiting and speculation will be torture.[/BLACKOUT]

10. Drizzle

Drizzle I'm gonna get real weird with it

They wouldn't dare.

11. Iron_Stark

They are, and they will

12. The Joker

^ Why are you so certain of it?

13. Brother Jack

Brother Jack The Penitent Man

They pulled some similar garbage with the Glenn fakeout in the last half of the season.

14. Leenie

Leenie Registered

I will NOT be happy if they end the season with a tease like that. Not because I'll be too anxious to know who it is or what happens next, but because it would be SO cheap. It would be very manipulative to the audience to end the season on that note, which is not cool in my book.

It would be powerful if they ended the season right after the death happens. Imagine them showing the brutal beatdown, then a shot of our group stunned and horrified, then a shot of the dead body, and then have it cut to black. THAT would be a good ending, in my opinion.

15. Iron_Stark

Some one posted spoilers. And so far, they've been on point.

16. The Joker

Would you happen to have a link to them please?

17. Iron_Stark

I'll pm them to you

18. Teelie

Teelie Jokerface

Someone posted spoilers. Probably on reddit where anyone can post anything and be taken as factual. Even if it is 100% made up and they only get lucky with a few guesses on what might happen.

If TWD really does pull that **** though that will be the end of the show for me. I am so goddamn sick of cliffhanger ******** that I won't watch if they do it anymore.

19. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

Me too please.

Also, if they actually do that cliffhanger, I'll be so pissed off.

20. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

I asked my brother, who reads the comics, if comic Glenn had any human kills? He didn't feel like digging through his comics to be sure but he believes comic Glenn has.

So has comic Glenn had any human kills or did he refuse to kill any as the TV show Glenn did for a while? I've been curious about that for a while.

21. The Joker

Glenn hasn't killed anyone in the comics. He didn't kill any of the Governor's men. He was not even there when the Governor attacked the prison because he and Maggie bailed with Sophia before it all went down. He didn't take part in the slaying of the cannibals. He didn't kill any of Negan's men.

Glenn's only kills in the comics are walkers. I don't ever remember him refusing to kill, he was just never in a position to kill anyone when the situations arose. Although when they first encountered the Governor and he, Rick, and Michonne were taken hostage, he turned to jelly, was crying and curled up all scared. TV show Glenn is much tougher in that regard. He took all the punishment The Governor and Merle gave him like a man.

#96 The Joker, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  22. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

Interesting. Thanks.

23. Leenie

Leenie Registered

I think that in many respects, TV Glenn is superior to comic book Glenn.

I felt REALLY bad for Glenn this past Sunday. Him killing that Savior was tough to watch. Steven Yeun totally sold that moment. Great acting there, I must say. :up:

24. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

That would be so stressful haha

25. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

Overreact much? I mean yeah it can be annoying and aggravating cause you wanna know. But to be like that's the end for you you're done? Jeez haha