The Walking Dead Season 6, Episode 13 "The Same Boat" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead' started by Kane52630, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Spider-Who?

Spider-Who? ERMERGERD!

Really liked this episode. I was expecting Carol's actions to be an act, but was surprised that she was still showing signs of anxiety and fear after they began their escape, but I still figured she had been playing at least a bit there in the beginning. The "Inside the Walking Dead" episode on iTunes has the writers and producers stating that everything was real for Carol, including the hyperventilating.

I know there's some debate concerning this, but I think it's a great arc for her. Carol's entire arc throughout this series has been about overcoming weakness. She became a bad ass, but in doing so, she realizes she's trading in her soul. Like power, strength can corrupt, and she's questioning everything she's done in her fight against her weakness, and fearful of what she will become. I think she realizes she's always been weak, even when being a bad ass and she's terrified of the implications. If she admits and succumbs to her weakness, she dies...or she'll become a monster in her futile quest to be strong. I think it's a great crossroads for her character.

2. BestGirl

BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

Spectacular episode. Alicia Witte was incredible as Paula. I'm sorry she had to die; I would've liked to see her square off against Rick's group again.

Speaking as someone who's only seen season 1 and the second half of 6, I say Carol is unquestionably the best and most complicated character on this show. Michonne, Jesus, Denise, and Glenn are also good. Abraham has a big personality but is vile. No other main character has made any impression on me whatsoever.

3. Spider-Who?

Spider-Who? ERMERGERD!

Carol really is one of the best characters on the show. She has one of the most radical changes in character, but it's done very well. You should check out the rest of the series to see it. Abraham is in the middle of a little crisis (aren't they all) and coming off as a dick, but I think if you watch the previous season or two, you'll get a better understanding/appreciation for his character.

4. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Registered

That's pretty damn brilliant. I think you're right.

5. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

This was one of the best episodes I've seen of the show. Season is back on track.

6. Leenie

Leenie Registered

Yeah ... You definitely need to watch the entire series if you think Carol is the best character. She has almost TOO many great moments throughout the entire course of the show. :funny:

I think The Walking Dead has varied in quality over the years, but I think Carol has remained consistently interesting and awesome. A lot of my favorite moments and episodes are focused on her.

I think you definitely need to check out season 4 if Carol is your favorite (if I had to pick a single season for you to catch up with, I guess). She goes through a LOT of development in that season.

7. 4thWallBreaker

4thWallBreaker Registered

The ending where you can read it on Carol and Maggie's face that they're done. Maggie says "I can't do this anymore" and Rick flat out murders their hostage, Primo.

There's going to be an insurrection challenging Rick and the group's ruthlessness - and everyone will suffer for it once Negan finally shows up. That's my thinking, at least.

8. tzarinna

tzarinna Mamochka

Another emotional episode, at least for me. Damn, that hug between Carol and Daryl, and Maggie and Glenn. :csad:

9. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

SPOILER ALERT: The Walking Dead Episode 613 Flashback
    [YT]Yxzb8FSWbfQ[/YT]

This is basically a Maggie and Carol kill count of the episode. It somewhat misleading of what the episode is really about.

#134 Elevator Man, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  10. DyeLorean

DyeLorean will return

This last couple of episodes managed to make the group truly frightening. Like, "you're not the good guys here". They're starting to be the bad guys in some way, but watching them get there makes sense. As Carol and Maggie's turn in the last episode.
    The show is at its best.

11. geetard

geetard Rebirth

Episodes 12 and 13 were fantastic.

12. choskins

choskins Registered

Just finished this episode and loved it.

I've got a feeling that Rick is going to spend some time in Morgan's cell in the future.

Also, if they have the tools to fabricate bars on windows, why don't they at least make one safe-house?