The Walmart Marvel Legends/Twin Packs Thread

Like I said before... I have 8 or 9 walmarts within 20 minutes from me(two within considerable walking distance).. So statistically.. I should be able to score them :p

i told you about the guy who works at the walmart near me saying how he was seeing them on ebay. i can't stand scalpers, but internal scalpers are even worse.

Yeah, You told me.. I'm bound to luck out at one of the stores though... bound to......

I wonder how long they will continue to restock the WM wave. I imagine that this wave will do pretty well considering all the scalpers trying to get it plus the fans. And anyone who has a BAF villain is likely to want a BAF hero. I just hope they keep restocking them until everyone has a chance at getting them.

I heard Walmart ordered a pretty large amount, so you should be able to get it for a decent price one way or another. Scalpers will hit it early and will make money on it early by controlling the market like they are currently. My hopes is that this summer they will be clogging the pegs. I have insurance, anyways, I have a comic shop dude who's pretty cool to me and is going to hold a set. My main concern is the faceoffs now.

So i take it you were unsuccessful in your WM trip tonight. that sucks man. I'm sure you'll find the face-off packs.

I wonder if they have scalpers around me... I've never really thought about it :/ But yeah saint.. If i cant find them Im really hoping I can get them from people on the boards.. I only want five or 6 of the figures.. and I want the giant man as well.. So I dunno...

edit: just saw a nasty commercial

Guy1: what are you eating?
Guy2: cottage cheese
Guy1: thats a milk carton...
Guy2: Yeah.. SO?
Guy1: COttage cheese doesnt come in a milk carton...
Guy2: IT Doesnt??...(continues to eat it)

EWWWWWWWWWW

they're everywhere. they're like insects. they're in all the stores and even in your house. you're likely to wake up to one staring you in the face. they also come in swarms.

what i hate, is i think i get confused with being a scalper. cause i'll ask some workers if they have seen stuff and they don't ever make any sense. Also, i'll ask when the get shipments at TRU etc and they also tell me a different date.

My trip was unsuccessful to Walmart tonight. Bit some major balls. Luckily my girlfriend was having one of her girly freak out nights so I counseled her while I waited for the last of the toy stuff to be brought out. I'm still checking. Can't promise I'll be picking up a whole lot for everyone on the boards. I'll do what I can, but I don't have the money nor do I feel it's completely ethical to do that. I've heard of a lot of people buying up tons of the WML for people on boards, which is fine, but it screws out collectors who got there a little too late. It's a double edged sword, you screw scalpers by buying up everything but you also screw other locals. In a perfect world, everyone would be able to get theirs and leave with just that.

I will be picking up a few extras if I can afford it, but FTB and Rough are up first.

SpiderHulkThing said:
they're everywhere. they're like insects. they're in all the stores and even in your house. you're likely to wake up to one staring you in the face. they also come in swarms.
Anyone who would do that Is gunna get stabbed....

Toys is a rough thing, SHT. I think the majority of the collecting/scalping population is a bit immature in the first place. Maybe that comes because we're dealing with...toys? I'm not sure. But it's like grade school all over again. You gotta lie, cheat, and steal to be a collector. That's why I'm getting out of it after ML15. Can't take it anymore, I really can't. Well, I can, but not for much longer.

I havent Lied cheated or STolen to be a collector :/ But I may have been lied to or cheated by someone...

yeah. it's sad to get all worked up over toys. it really is. i can't help myself and i know that since a lot of us talk about them, then i'm not the only one. my toy collecting has probably only gotton worse since i joined the hype since it facilitates the collecting. and i agree with you on the locals who miss out b/c i'm one of those locals most the time. but ever since a scalper threatened me at WM with a boxcutter, i've kind of decided screw it. plus i know a good bit of you on here and i'd rather help you guys out then there being a chance of a scalper like that jerk getting them. plus, when i miss out on stuff, i know some of you guys will help me out.

SpiderHulkThing said:
yeah. it's sad to get all worked up over toys. it really is. i can't help myself and i know that since a lot of us talk about them, then i'm not the only one. my toy collecting has probably only gotton worse since i joined the hype since it facilitates the collecting. and i agree with you on the locals who miss out b/c i'm one of those locals most the time. but ever since a scalper threatened me at WM with a boxcutter, i've kind of decided screw it. plus i know a good bit of you on here and i'd rather help you guys out then there being a chance of a scalper like that jerk getting them. plus, when i miss out on stuff, i know some of you guys will help me out.
... someone threatened you?? I thought he only said hes seen them on ebay....

pretty much the cost of me being a collector has been gas, money, and having to resort to ebay. if it wasn't for ebay, then we'd all get our stuff.

SpiderHulkThing said:

That's illegal in some states. You call the cops on that.

SpiderHulkThing said:
pretty much the cost of me being a collector has been gas, money, and having to resort to ebay. if it wasn't for ebay, then we'd all get our stuff.
I sometimes get really good deals on ebay.. So not all of the people there are jerks.. I got the galactus series plus both variants for 60 bucks.

Collecting has just been a passion/obsession for me. It's gotten out of control to the point where I'm giving away figures to FTB and other people just to get rid of them. When I head home on the 5th I'm making another big box to get rid of.

But I'm a bit of an oddity to see head down the toy aisle, so I do it partially because I enjoy seeing people's reactions.

SsM said:
... someone threatened you?? I thought he only said hes seen them on ebay....

the worker made me feel that he was gonna try to sell them on ebay. he's not the scalper i'm talking about. i know of at least 3 scalpers that don't work at WM and think there are at least 2 internal scalpers that do work there.

one of the external scalpers was the one who threatened me. he was using a boxcutter and was opening wrestling figs i think. i saw he had a bunch of star wars stuff already in his cart and saw the opened box. i saw a spider-man classics box and figured, what the hell. so i opened it up and it was just the vemon/manwolf set. but he looked at me and told me in a harsh tone to put the box down. he said that he was there first. I looked at him and poked back through the box and he stared me down. he lifted the boxcutter and said "get the hell away from there. i already "dun" told you once." Then i was like "oh wow, hobgoblin, finally" and walked away with the box. he walked after me and i tossed the box at him (not forcefully or anything cause i didn't want to make a scene) and told him to go to hell. I guess i should have been glad it wasnt the hobby wave cause i would have fought for cause i was just mad that someone could do that over freakin toys.

I'm not a very typical collector. I hate to stereotype, but most people who meet me wouldn't think I'm into comics/action figures/comic conventions/etc. I get mistaken for a football player more often than a figure collector.

Those guys are pathetic. You immediately get a store employee, tell them what happened, and get the police involved. They're pieces of trash and deserve to have their teeth kicked in. I would have let him try something, most places have great security cameras and I would have loved to file a nice lawsuit.

Saint553 said:
Collecting has just been a passion/obsession for me. It's gotten out of control to the point where I'm giving away figures to FTB and other people just to get rid of them. When I head home on the 5th I'm making another big box to get rid of.

But I'm a bit of an oddity to see head down the toy aisle, so I do it partially because I enjoy seeing people's reactions.

i hate people watching me. i've always been embarrassed for buying toys. even when i was 10. i'm wierd like that. but my fiancee doesnt care and she's helped me get over that mostly. of course, she probably isn't happy that she helped me get back into collecting figures by accident. i passed the first couple times when i first saw ML stuff cause i was embarrassed for wanting them. But i feel ya on the figs being a burden.

Saint553 said:
I'm not a very typical collector. I hate to stereotype, but most people who meet me wouldn't think I'm into comics/action figures/comic conventions/etc. I get mistaken for a football player more often than a figure collector.
Alot of people dont look at me and see a collector :/ I tell them I collect stuff and they are like really? you dont look like the type of person that plays with toys.. and i have to tell them i dont "play" with them. But yeah.. the stores I have dont have alot of people in them So i usually dont get stares or anything like that... and SHT... WTH... when did this happen... He stared you down?? how did he have the authority to open the cases? was he a worker there??? I didnt think people could just walk in and start opening the cases... WTH

Saint553 said:

i'm not either. i dont know that many people who collect figs and want to be a pharmacist or dentist. i used to be very aware of my figs at my apartment and such, but lately i dont even think about it. a lot of my friends have come to my apt for the first time and are shocked by all the toys i have. sometimes i'm shocked too. but like i said, i'm getting married and the soon to be wife doesnt care, so at least i got that going for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"